Using an incubator for breeding goslings is a very common practice. Thanks to the capabilities of modern technology, over a month you can get a big brood that could not be provided by one goose. At the same time, goslings are born healthy, strong and resistant to various diseases. How to get the goslings in the incubator at home will be described later in the article.
How to care for a goose?
Goslings bred at home
Regardless of where the goslings come out, the most important thing here is the egg. Before breeding geese in an incubator, you need about a week or even three to ensure that the goose consumes high-quality food with a high content of vitamins A, D and E. diseases. Therefore, the eggs obtained after such a diet will be of higher quality.
In order to replenish the rate of vitamin and microelements, the goose must be given an abundance of fish oil, grass, vegetables, grains, shells, chalk or lime in advance. If you have the desire or opportunity, you can purchase nutritional supplements rich in nutrients at the pet store. In addition to an improved diet, she should often walk in the fresh air. Such care significantly increases the percentage of hatching goslings
What eggs are suitable for incubation?Read also these articles.
- Variety of tomato Sanka
- The best early grapes
- Autoclave Malinovka 2 in 1
- Raspberry variety Glen Fine
Ovosk to check eggs
Not all eggs are recommended for use in an incubator. Only the best specimens are suitable for this business and preferably from good breeds of geese. Immediately, very large and small ones are rejected, as well as those where there are irregularities, notches, unnatural roughness. Those that are selected for the incubator should be checked again with an egg ovoscope. A complete, fertilized egg must have:
- uniformly translucent shells;
- thick protein without darkening;
- yellow yolk in the center;
In addition, you can flip the egg and see how the yolk moves. If he slowly separates from his place and returns there, then the copy is good, if not - the marriage.
When it is not possible to use the incubator immediately, you can store eggs for 8 days at a temperature of 8-15 degrees and at a humidity of 75-80%. To store them, you need to gently fold it on its side in a tray or other place so that they do not get damaged.
How to lay eggs in an incubator?
Disinfection with a mercury-quartz lamp before laying in the incubator
Before laying goose eggs at home, it is best to hold the quartz incubator for 10 minutes. Very dirty eggs should either be well cleaned with a brush, or not used at all.
Before you start breeding goslings in the incubator, it warms up to 38 degrees Celsius. Then the eggs are laid horizontally. To make it easier to turn them later, you can mark the sides with a cross and a zero. After laying again set to 38 degrees.
For incubating goose eggs at home, use the following incubators: Perfect Hedgehog, Blitz, Cinderella, Layer, and other available in your area.
Incubation mode of goose eggs tableWe recommend reading our other articles.
- Common turkey poult diseases and their treatment
- Raspberry variety Glen Ampl
- Cucumbers Herman F1 - description of the variety and cultivation
- Variety of cabbage Megaton F1
Terms of incubation of goose eggs
In order for the process to be successful, it is necessary to comply with all temperature standards and other aspects in the incubation of breeding goslings.
- 1 day - laying eggs - temperature 38 degrees. No manipulation is performed.
- 2-7 days - a temperature of 38 degrees Celsius. Every day, during these 6 days (3-4 times a day), you need to turn the eggs. This is done so that the goslings do not stick to the shell.
- 8-12 day - temperature 37.5 degrees. Cool eggs once a day. It is produced as follows. The heating is turned off, then the lid opens. After about 5-10 minutes, you can take an egg and attach it to the eyelid. If you feel neither heat nor cold - you can put it back, close everything and turn on the heating again.
- 13-21 days - temperature 37.5 degrees. Cooling (the principle is described above) is carried out already 2 times a day for 20-30 minutes. To this is added spraying with a solution of potassium permanganate 2 times a day.
- 22-27 days - temperature 37 degrees. Cooling is carried out all the same 20-30 minutes, 2 times a day. Spray eggs, too, 2 times a day.
Hatching goslings in an incubator
Important before breeding goslings in an incubator, set its humidity to 65% for the first 27 days.
On the 28th day, the eggs are transferred to a special tray, where they will hatch. The temperature in the incubator is kept the same - 37 degrees. And the humidity should be increased to 75%. Spraying is carried out every 4-5 hours. Plus, you need to maximize ventilation.
From the 29th day the first goslings appear. But their appearance is uneven, so that only by day 31 should the whole brood appear.