Tomato Petrusha gardener - this is a fairly young variety. His main qualities - the unusual development of the bush and high yields. In growing it is difficult to call it simple, because from the first, not all gardeners manage to grow powerful bushes with an abundance of tomatoes. Nevertheless, Petrusha tomato gardener is worth attention, because today it is one of the most promising and profitable varieties for cultivation in the garden.
Description of the type of tomato Petrusha gardener
The variety was obtained by the breeder V.N. Dederko and officially entered into the Russian registry in 2013. Petusha tomato gardener belongs to the medium-early species, the crop ripens in 110-115 days. Standard shrubs, low, up to 60 cm, but in the ground can grow up to a meter in height. The bushes are very dense, with an abundance of twigs, flowers, and ovaries. The leaves are large, powerful, dark green color.
The flesh is dark pink, more granular, with a low content of juice
Fruits are saturated pink after ripening. The shape is oblong, visible edges. The weight of one tomato can vary from 150 to 200 g on average. The taste is excellent, sweet, thanks to the high content of sugars. The flesh is dark pink, more granular, with a low content of juice. Bones of normal size, yellow. The rind is thin, but you can eat it.Important! Tomatoes Petrusha are a gardener with little juice, so it is better to use them fresh or make delicious dressings, sauces. And for the preparation of tomato juice more juicy varieties are selected.
Characteristics of tomato Parsley gardenerRead also these articles.
- Sheep meat
- Variety melon Gulyabi
- Apricot Variety Champion of the North
- Fattening calves for meat
The advantages and disadvantages of a tomato Petrusha a gardener are presented in the characteristics of the variety.
- Bushes grow no longer upwards, but in breadth. Due to this, they are easy to care for and high trellis is not required.
- The variety is suitable for cultivation in open and closed ground.
- Reproduction is possible by cuttings.
- The extended period of active fruiting, namely from July to October.
- Immunity to apical, root rot, late blight is developed. These diseases affect the plant last in the area.
Shrubs grow no longer up, but in breadth
- The yield from one bush is 4-6 kg, which is considered to be a very high figure.
- Fruits can be stored for a long time after harvesting fresh, if they are whole, not damaged.
- Tomatoes are very beautiful, have commercial quality and are suitable for transportation.
- When fully mature, there is a risk of cracking.
- Growing this variety can be problematic for novice gardeners.
Features of growing seedlings
Grow a variety of tomato Petrusha gardener seedling method. Seeds are sown around mid-February or early March (60 days before transplanting to a permanent place). Before sowing, seeds are soaked in a solution of manganese (if they are not processed in any way). Sowing is carried out in special containers. Soil is better to take for seedlings. It must be drained, light, but nutritious. Seeding depth is up to 1.5 cm or less. Fissures for seedlings are made at intervals of 2 cm. Between the seeds, a distance of 1.5-3 cm is observed.
After sowing, the seeds are sprinkled with earth, the ground is sprayed from a spray bottle with small holes so that the ground is not washed out. Then you need to cover the container with film. A container with seedlings should stand in a warm room, then the first shoots can be observed after 4-5 days.
Tomato seedling Petrusha gardener grows low and strong, quickly growing foliageInteresting! Tomatoes Petrusha gardener differ in that they can be propagated by cuttings! If there are several healthy bushes, they simply cut the cuttings and plant them in a nutrient substrate. Roots they usually build up quickly.
When the seedlings turn out, the container with the sprouts is transferred to a room with a temperature of about +18 degrees. Tomato seedlings Petrusha gardener grows low and strong, quickly grows foliage, so that after the appearance of two leaves, it is necessary to dive sprouts in separate cups.
2 weeks before planting in a permanent place, saplings need to be hardened. The first time they are taken out to the open air or a balcony for half an hour, then they are brought into the house. Every day you need to increase the time the sprouts stay on the street for a quarter of an hour. In this case, the seedlings will be much easier to settle down in a new place.
Features of planting varieties Petrusha gardenerWe recommend reading our other articles.
- How to freeze zucchini
- When to make manure
- Description of the gooseberry variety Malachite
- Wax moth (Ognevka bee)
To grow tomatoes Petrusha gardener can be in open or closed ground. If open ground is chosen, then the place is chosen to be lit, without wind. Landing is carried out when a stable temperature is established at about +15 degrees, and the earth warms up to +10 degrees. The site during planting is dug up, leveled, fertilizer can be applied immediately to the soil when digging or in each well separately. 10 g of ammonium nitrate, 40 g of superphosphate, 15 g of potassium sulfate are taken per square meter of the plot.
To grow tomatoes Petrusha gardener can be in open or closed ground
Landing is best done in the early morning or in the evening. The wells are initially watered abundantly. Seedlings are transferred to the pits by the method of transshipment and covered with earth. There is a distance of 50 cm between shoots.Interesting! It is advisable to plant the plants before the first leaves, at an angle, then the root system will be more powerful.
How to care for tomatoes
If the seedlings of tomato varieties Petrusha gardener planted in unprotected soil early, then it can freeze when returning frosts. In order to protect her from this, a cover is made of a film, because even a temperature of +1 degrees is destructive for seedlings. The rest of the care of plants is almost the same as for other types of tomatoes. But you need to perform all care measures, otherwise the quality of the bushes, fruits or the taste of tomatoes may be disappointing.
- Watering is carried out in the early morning or evening. Day watering is possible only if there is a drip system. Watering is carried out about once every 3-5 days, depending on the type of soil, the weather. In particularly dry time, you can spend them every day.
- As they appear, you need to uproot the weeds and burn them outside the site or clean them in a compost pile.
- Loosening the land is necessary after making water or rain.
- Top dressing for active growth of the bush is carried out throughout the growing season. In 2 weeks after planting the culture, it is possible to feed ammonium nitrate. The rest of the feeding made with a frequency of 2-2.5 weeks. Complex mineral mixtures with an abundance of phosphorus and potassium are used for this.
If the flowers before blooming begin to fall, you need to process the bushes with a solution of boric acidInteresting! To make tomatoes ripen better in cloudy weather, you need to often add potassium. And in sunny weather, the amount of potassium in dressings is reduced.
- Mulching is not carried out by many gardeners, but it effectively helps retain moisture in the ground. To reduce watering, you can use simple mulch, laid out under the bushes and between the rows. In addition, the mulch inhibits the growth and development of weeds.
- If the flowers before blooming begin to fall, you need to process the bushes with a solution of boric acid.
- During the development of the bush, it is important to provide branches with support. The plant grows strongly in breadth, rather than up, so it is desirable to make a low support for the plant, but stable.
- Petrusha's tomato gardener can produce fruits until frost, but in order for them to ripen before the first frost, it is necessary to reduce watering in the fall.
Harvesting and processing
Harvest gardeners are advised to let the spin in whole
Harvesting usually begins in July. Gather the fruit as ripening. After harvesting, tomatoes can lie for about 1-1.5 weeks without damage to the external or taste.
Harvest gardeners are advised to let the spin in whole form, slices for the winter. These tomatoes are obtained and delicious sauces, dressings. These tasty tomatoes are just fresh, they are allowed to cook fresh salads, snacks. It is possible to make tomato paste for borsch from fruits, but it is better not to make tomato juice from them - because of the low content of juice it is impractical.Important! Many gardeners complain that after full maturity the fruits crack. As a result, their shelf life is reduced, and such tomatoes cannot be called commodity.
Reviews of tomato varieties Petrusha gardener
Opinion of gardeners on the sort of tomato Petrusha gardener can be read below.
- Kristina Frolova: “I tried to grow this variety 3 years ago and now I don’t manage without it at all! Yes, in some moments the producer too exaggerates the quality of the tomato, and yet they are more than good! I planted them in the greenhouse and in the open ground, but in the latter case, it is easier to grow them, because they grow very low. Bushes develop quickly, fruits are more than enough for food and canned food. The only important drawback is that some tomatoes crack, and there are no other problems. "
- Makar Kiselev: “I heard a lot of good things about a Petrusha tomato gardener, but the variety disappointed me personally. Last year I planted several bushes in the greenhouse — the bushes grew big, the yield was average. Yes, tomatoes themselves are inferior to many other species, both externally and to taste. So which might be good for someone, but I think there are many more worthy candidates among the new species. "
- Sofia Sirotkina: “Two years ago I bought 3 bushes of seedlings of these tomatoes. I grew it in the open field and I can say that there are varieties and advantages and omissions. Bushes are productive and not demanding in maintenance. At the same time, the taste of tomatoes is good, but I lack juice. Of the disadvantages “The fruits crack and quickly rot because of this. In addition, the bushes grow thick and many fruits literally get stuck between the branches - this moment needs to be controlled!”