Among the wide variety of egg breeds of chickens, breeders often distinguish Hisex White chickens. Birds of this species have a beautiful appearance and high productive qualities. Growing and breeding them is not difficult in comparison with many foreign breeds. The characteristics of the cross, the features of its cultivation, feeding and maintenance are described in this article.
Description of the breed Hisex White
Cross Hisex White was bred in 1970 by Dutch breeders by crossing Leghorn, New Hampshire. The bird is small, downed, proportional physique. The backbone is light. Laying weighs 1.7-1.8 kg, rooster - 2 kg. On the head there is a rather large leaf-like comb. In females it hangs to the side, but not in roosters. Silky feathers. Color exclusively white.
Exterior of Chicken Breed Haysex White
Hichex White hens are active. In one place they do not sit. They need to move, to study everything around. The nature of the birds is calm (but roosters may show aggression towards rivals).
Characteristics of Hisex WhiteRead also these articles.
- Black Currant Exotica - variety description
- Grade Eggplant Vera
- Pruning old apple trees
- Varieties of white cabbage
After reviewing the characteristics of Hisex White chickens, one can understand how good the breed is and whether it has flaws.
- Reproductive age in chickens comes from 4-5 months of life.
- One layer per year gives about 300-315 eggs of high quality. The maximum egg production of females reach 2-3 years of age.
- Eggs are white. Approximate weight on average 60-65 g.
One layer per year gives about 300-315 eggs of high quality.
- Survival rate of young 99% with proper breeding.
- Feed consumption is average. In order for a hen to lay 10 eggs, it needs to consume about 1.24 kg of feed.
- The birds are small, their meat quality is low. Even juveniles have very tough meat. It is used primarily for cooking animals, broths, aspic.
Features of maintenance and care
In order for the birds to rush normally, not to hurt, it is necessary to provide appropriate conditions for their housing.
- If desired, you can keep this species of hens in cages. Unlike Hisex Brown, the bird quickly gets used to such conditions. And yet, breeders believe that the cross is more adapted for free breeding in chicken coops. Per square meter should be no more than 4 individuals.
- The chicken coop is built spacious and bright. In it the adjusted ventilation becomes, but drafts are completely excluded, as well as dampness!
- The indoor temperature in summer should be within +25, and in winter not lower than +12 degrees Celsius.
- Perches are made at a distance of 50 cm from the floor on average. It is important that they are made of their reliable material, do not break under the weight of birds.
Coop built spacious and bright
- In order for the Hicex White hens to carry eggs not in secluded corners, it is necessary to build good nests. For 5 hens there is enough 1 nest.
- On average, the duration of daylight hours should be 10-12 hours. Therefore, in winter you need to turn on the light after sunset for a few hours.
- The litter is made from straw or sawdust. You need to change it every 2-3 months so that it doesn’t get dirty much.
- Room cleaning, cleaning of all surfaces is carried out every 2-3 days. If this is not done, bacteria, infections, pests and chickens can get sick in the chicken coop.
Diseases of Hisex WhiteWe recommend reading our other articles.
- Corn Herbicides
- When and what vaccinations do newborn piglets
- Flowering shrubs
- Fish meal for chickens and animals
Compared to Hisex Brown, this species is much more susceptible to disease. Hisex White can suffer from a wide variety of ailments, but the reason for their appearance most often lies in improper care, feeding.
If the hen house is dirty, pests (lice, ticks, fleas) appear. They carry sometimes very dangerous diseases. So it is important to keep the bird clean. The room should be a basin with sand and ash, so that the birds themselves cleaned their feathers. With the defeat of hens with helminths it is necessary to use Deep-Vvet for the treatment. Per kilogram of food is taken 3 g of the drug. The mixture is given during the week.
With the defeat of the hens by helminths it is necessary to use for the treatment of fludenvevetInteresting! The main problem of diseases is that they quickly spread in the herd. Birds weaken and die in a matter of weeks or even days. So it is important to be able to recognize the problem in time so that you can prevent an epidemic.
Diseases such as chicken pox, salmonellosis, pullorosis, Newcastle disease are characteristic of this cross. Due to improper feeding, avitaminosis or hypervitaminosis may develop. Drafts and dampness, low temperatures can cause the appearance of diseases of the respiratory system.
If there is any suspicion of a disease, it is necessary to isolate sick individuals and then call the veterinarian. Determining the type of disease, you can begin treatment.
How to feed chickens
If possible, it is advisable to feed the Chicken Hisex White feed, but this is not always beneficial, especially if the farm is small. If chickens are fed with simple food, then the cross-country diet should include grains (barley, corn, wheat), legumes (peas), vegetables, and greens. A layer will be better carried if you also add premixes to the feed. This is especially important in autumn and winter, when chickens lack fresh vegetables and greens.
In winter, in addition to cereals, it is necessary to add greens to the diet.Important! Feeders and drinkers should be enough for all chickens so that they do not fight for the championship, while eating food or drinking.
Hisex White Hatching
The cost of juveniles Hisex White is considerable. This is one of the drawbacks of the form. After all, it is difficult to make a cross on your own. The fact is that by the 3rd generation the bird loses its characteristic qualities and productivity. To breed this bird, it is necessary to purchase new individuals to update the herd.
To get the young, used fertilized eggs (you can check on the ovoskop) and an incubator, because the chickens of this species do not have maternal qualities. After incubation, the chicks are transplanted into a brooder. In the first days of chickens' life, the temperature in the broder is kept at + 27 ... +33 degrees Celsius. The light turns off only from the 3rd day, first for an hour, and with each new day another 15 minutes is added until the light day becomes 10-12 hours, as for adults.
In the first days of the chickens life, the temperature in the broder is kept at + 27 ... +33 degrees Celsius.
Already on the first day after birth, chickens differ by gender. As a rule, in chickens the down is darker, closer to brown, and in males, light, closer to yellow. Chickens grow quickly, but it is important to feed them correctly.
At first, they are fattened with soft food (egg jam, chopped, steamed nettle, steamed porridge). From about the second week you can transfer them to animal feed, vegetables, dry, cereal mixtures. It is important to ensure that birds always have access to clean water.
Reviews of breed Hicex White
To know the opinion of breeders about cross-country chickens Hisex White can be from the reviews below.
- Lyudmila Ivanova: “A few years ago, they started breeding chickens, but since they bought a cross, productivity suffered greatly. Now they bought Hisex White on a chicken farm. Every day, high quality eggs are very tasty with a rich, bright orange yolk. Some eggs go for sale, because there are too many of them. The chickens are active, we are releasing them to walk around the site. "
- Victor Stepanyuk: “Cross Hisex White for home breeding is more than good. Of course, roosters can sometimes fight each other, but this is not so scary. Eating a bird is not much, productivity is top notch. The only drawback is meat quality, but the breed is egg, so waiting for a delicious taste is not worth it. We have been breeding our Highsex for more than 3 years and are very satisfied. We are constantly updating the birds, buying more young animals, so that they do not lose their qualities as they breed. "
- Dmitry Gubsky: “Among many egg breeds, the Highsexes stand out for their high productivity in elementary care. The bird is simple but beautiful if you take care of it. It looks decorative, behaves peacefully, although it is curious. My wife and I breed White's cross, before that was Brown. Of course “White gives less eggs in size, but they don’t eat as much as it turned out in practice, so it’s more profitable to keep them."