The standard raspberry Glen Ampl is a relatively new variety. But despite this, it is known to gardeners almost all over the world. It is often called a raspberry tree, because it grows tall and its branching branches. This is a very valuable variety of raspberries with high yields.
Description of the raspberry variety Glen Ampl
Raspberries varieties Glen Ampl refers to the mid-season varieties. Crop harvested around the second half of July. Was obtained by crossing Miker and Glen Prosen. Suitable for open and closed ground.Interesting! Raspberry Glen Ampl suitable for cultivation on an industrial scale and mechanical cleaning.
Very often the bush is represented by just one shoot.
Bushes take up a lot of space. Shoots powerful, smooth, up to 3 meters in height. Very often the bush is represented by just one shoot. At the same time it has up to 30 branches, on which berries ripen. Spikes are rare. Leaflets saturated green color.
The berries are large, weighing up to 10 g, raspberry color. The shape is almost round. The variety is characterized by an abundance of juice in the berries. The taste is sweet with a slight sourness, tasting score of 4.5 points out of 5.
The merits of the raspberry Glen AmplRead also these articles.
- Apple Compote
- How to bounce a goat after the first lambing
- Sweet Cherry Variety Astakhova
Raspberry variety Glen Ampl has a lot of positive qualities.
- The plant is powerful, not afraid of strong wind, it develops quickly.
- Almost no thorns.
- There is a high resistance to drought, strong wind.
- Glen Ampl is immune to many diseases.
- The yield is high - 1.3-1.7 kg per one branched shoot. If the bush consists of 2-3 such shoots, then the yield increases accordingly.
Raspberry grows large, commercial quality
- Raspberries grow large, commercial quality.
- Berries can be transported over long and short distances.
- Frost resistance to -30 degrees Celsius.
Lack of variety
There are not many drawbacks to the raspberry variety Glen Ampl, but before purchasing seedlings for planting, you need to familiarize yourself with them.
- Bush high, which complicates care and harvest.
- Resistance to rot and rust is average.
The size and taste of the berries directly depend on the quality of the land.
- The size and taste of the berries depend directly on the quality of the land. If the soil is low in potassium and phosphorus, the berries will grow small, sour. So feeding is given special attention.
Planting Raspberry Glen AmplWe recommend reading our other articles.
- Why do leaves of Zamioculkas turn yellow
- What can and should not be given to turkeys
- Description and characteristics of radish Daikon
- Breed of hens the Phoenix
Planting varieties carried out most often in the spring, so that the bushes normally take root before the cold weather. This is best done after the return frost, when the earth warms up. In the autumn it can also be planted, but it is important to correctly calculate the time, otherwise the seedlings will die before they can settle down before the frost. The plot is chosen sunny, although in the shade this variety grows well. You can not plant raspberries in places where water stagnates, because the bushes are prone to root rot.
The soil of the raspberry Glen Ampl prefers loamy or sandy loam. It should be moderately light, drained with an abundance of humus. It is important that all necessary nutrients (especially potassium and phosphorus) are present in the earth.
Raspberry Glen Ampl usually grows up and does not fall, but still, to simplify cultivation, it is worth tying it to the trellisImportant! Bushes of raspberry Glen Ampl usually grow up and do not fall, but still, to simplify the cultivation, you should tie them to the trellis.
Before planting, the earth is dug, loosened, fertilized as necessary. They make pits 25 cm deep and 60 cm in diameter for bushes. A distance of 2-3 meters is observed between the bushes, because they expand so much! After planting, each seedling is watered, spending on a bucket of water. The root zone can be mulched so that the plants will take root faster and the water will not evaporate quickly. If the plants were planted in the spring, the tops are cut by 20 cm.
How to care for a plant
Raspberry Glen Ampl is not difficult to care for. To get big yields, it is necessary that the cultivation was correct.
- In early spring, if the raspberry Glen Ampl has long been growing on the site, you need to clear the ground under the bushes from the foliage. The earth is loosened, so that air begins to flow to the roots.
- Watering is abundant, but not frequent, so that the water does not stagnate. In particular, much attention is paid to watering in the period of drought, in summer.
Watering is abundant, but not frequent, so that water does not stagnate.
- Feeding is carried out on a mandatory basis, otherwise the size and taste of the berries may suffer. In early April, the first fertilizer is applied. A bucket of humus, 5 g of urea is taken on a bucket of water. After mixing, you need to insist fertilizer 3 hours and only then use for watering. In the summer it will be useful to make a solution of bird droppings (200 g / 10 l of water) infused during the week. In the fall, under each bush (in the furrows) make superphosphate (50 g) and potassium salt (40 g). It also does not hurt to make humus (3.5 kg / sq. M.) For digging the ground.
- Mulching is an optional procedure and yet many gardeners recommend it. Thus, more nutrients and moisture are stored in the ground, and therefore watering and fertilizing can be reduced. As mulch you can use straw, humus, peat.
- Forming is essential for the plant to produce high yields annually. Old pagons are always cut off and those that grow incorrectly. Also remove diseased, broken branches.
- Growing is best done on the trellis. A simple garter for pegs or a support, in this case does not give the desired effect.
- In the autumn it is important to remove all fallen leaves so that pests do not appear.
- For the winter, the bushes do not have to be warmed. Only in the northern regions, where winter is very cold, protracted, it does not hurt to lay a layer of mulch under the bushes and bend the ponds to the ground, covering them with lapnik and dense, insulating material.
Mulching is an optional procedure and yet many gardeners recommend itImportant! You can not cover raspberries with foil for the winter, because it will start to sweep. As a result, rot will appear, and the bush may die before spring.
Diseases and pests of raspberry Glen Ampl
The variety has a robust immune system. So that the bushes do not hurt and are not affected by pests, it is usually enough to follow the rules of agricultural technology. It is also important to carry out preventive measures.
Didimella and anthracnose on the plant appears in very rare cases, but viral diseases can attack the culture. In the case of thickened landings there is a risk of rust or powdery mildew. To combat diseases, biological fungicides like Planriz, Fitosporin-M, Gamar are used. If the disease has managed to develop and spread through the bushes, then it is better to use chemicals like Bayleton, Kvadris, Kuproksat or Topaz. Bordeaux liquid helps with many diseases.
Of the pests need to fear almost all insects except aphids (for her, this raspberry is not interesting). From pests use insecticides, such as Karbofos, Alatar, Kemifos, Metafos, Aktellik.
From pests use insecticidesImportant! When planting between plants, the necessary distance is maintained so that they have a place for free development. Otherwise, pests will start planting, and diseases can develop.
To prevent diseases and pests on the raspberry Glen Ampl from appearing, preventive measures are carried out in a timely manner.
- For planting only healthy seedlings are used.
- As the bushes grow, you need to thin them.
- Harvested on time going.
- On the site several times a week all weeds are collected.
- 2-3 times a year, preventive treatment of bushes with biological fungicides and insecticides is carried out (it is desirable to constantly change them so that diseases and pests do not have time to adapt).
Harvesting and processing
After full ripening, the berries are not showered from the bush, due to the fact that they firmly attach to the stem. Fruiting lasts about 1 month. Up to 30 tons of crop is harvested per hectare per season.
Up to 30 tons of crop are harvested per hectare per season.
Berries have universal use. The biggest ones can be frozen, after defrosting, they keep their shape, do not lose their taste and sweetness. Small fruits are suitable for making jam, juice, jam, stewed fruit and other preservation. In addition, raspberry Glen Ampl is suitable for drying, use in the preparation of delicious pastries, desserts.
Reviews on the raspberry variety Glen Ampl
Opinions gardeners about raspberry Glen Ampl mostly positive.
- Ekaterina Kravchenko: "Raspberry Glen Ampl is a good variety. We have been growing in the garden for 2 years already. The yield is very high. It is enough for both food and preservation. Last year, even a part of the crop was given to acquaintances because it takes too much for one family. problems. We do not insulate it, especially since it is difficult to do - the bushes are big, and snow is used as mulch in winter. "
- Maxim Tanko: “Of the new raspberry varieties of the Glen Amplum is a favorite for me. The variety is resistant to many diseases. And if you plant it properly, not densely, and take care of it normally, then the plants will not hurt at all. In terms of care, there are no problems - raspberries like raspberries, because any variety need proper watering and fertilizing. So I recommend it to everyone! ".
- Tatyana Rybka: “Raspberry Glen Ampl planted twice. For the first time, the site chose the wrong one. I read that the variety is taking root in the shade, only it didn’t pay attention that it cannot be planted on the ground with poor drainage. So the first experience failed, the bushes died from "because of the abundance of moisture. The second time she planted in the shade again, but already on high ground so that the water would not stand. The bushes quickly settled down, the first harvest was already tested. The berries are very sweet, large, as in the picture!"