Hisex Brown is a famous cross-hens, derived from the crossing of the Leggorn, Lohman Brown and New Hampshire breeds. The bird is unpretentious in growing and feeding. Refers to the direction of the egg. Chickens have a high egg production. Cross recommended for breeding on small farms and large enterprises.
Description of the breed of chickens Hisex Brown
The hens of Hisex Brown were bred in 1970 in Holland. Around 1974, the cross was already known in the USSR and was divorced in some regions. Birds of this cross-country have a dense, knit physique. Laying weighs - 1.9-2 kg, roosters often reach 2.5 kg. Legs are bright yellow, widely set.
The head is average, the comb is small, red
The head is average, the skin is pink. The comb is small, red, can stand or hang on its side. Earrings are scarlet, rounded. The eyes are always bright with a green tint. The beak is small, light yellow.Interesting! Hisex Brown is subdivided into 2 cross - White and Brown. The White White Layer, as the name implies, is completely white, with a proportional build and bears uniform, medium-sized eggs. As to Brown, this cross differs in both the color of the feather and the large size of the eggs - about 70 g.
Feathers are adjacent to the body. Color pen brown. On one hen there can be feathers of light brown, dark brown and even reddish color. The tips of the feathers are sometimes white or beige.
Laying weighs - 1.9-2 kg, roosters often reach 2.5 kg
Characteristics of hesex BrownRead also these articles.
- Barley varieties
- Carrot variety Shantane
- How to bounce a goat after the first lambing
- How to plant dill seeds
The characteristics of the cross, as many breeders believe, are much better than those of Hisex White. That is why Cross Hisex Brown is in great demand.
- Sexual maturity of females comes from 4 months of life, and males from 5 months.
- Survival rate of young stock is within 95%. However, females are almost completely devoid of maternal instinct and eggs do not hatch.
- The female for the year gives an average of 300-320 eggs of high quality. The weight of eggs is 65-70 g. The shell is brown, rather dense.
- Feed consumption is not very high.
- The high productivity of females is maintained for 22-23 months, then it begins to decline.
Chicken per year gives an average of 300-320 eggs of high quality
- The meat at the cross-country is harsh, even in chickens. But for brawn, broth, meat feed for animals, it is suitable.
- It is beneficial to let the bird be slaughtered not earlier than 3 years of age. After 3 years, laying hens reduces productivity to a minimum and it is no longer beneficial to contain it.
- Cross has an excellent immune system. Individuals rarely get sick.
- The nature of the bird is docile, even young roosters are not aggressive. Thanks to this, you can keep the cross together with other species.
The main drawback of the cross is that when breeding at home after several generations, the birds begin to lose their parental qualities, and productivity decreases. So the herd has to be updated from time to time, by purchasing additional young individuals on farms where they are breeding.
Features of maintenance and care
In the maintenance and care of Hisex Brown unpretentious.
The coop should be dry, light, as spacious as possible.
- It is necessary to keep a bird with a brown feather only in free-range chicken coops. For cells, this cross is not suitable. When kept in cages in chickens, productivity is greatly reduced. Up to 4 individuals per square meter of the room.
- The room for keeping chickens should be dry, bright, as spacious as possible. In summer, the temperature inside varies within +25 ° C, and in winter it should be no lower than + 12 ° C. Drafts, dampness are excluded.
- The litter in the chicken coop is made of sawdust, straw, hay, or something similar. Perches are located at a height of 40-60 cm from the floor.
- Chickens Hisex Brown can tolerate low temperatures without any problems, but it is impossible to keep them in the cold all winter, because it will affect their appearance, health, and productivity. So the chicken coop must be insulated or heated. If the room is small, you can install a simple heater, but safe so that the bird does not burn over the heating panel.
- In the chicken coop, high-quality lighting is done so that in the winter you can artificially extend the day for the bird. It boosts egg production. Light day should be about 10-12 hours throughout the year.
- To allow birds to clean the feathers, a tank with sand and ash is installed in the hen house. Such a simple addition to a chicken coop will reduce the risk of parasites in chickens and roosters.
Walking for Hisex is required
- Curiosity and activity are peculiar to the Hisex Brown breed. Walking for them is required. It is necessary for this to equip a fenced area with a high fence, through which individuals can not fly. The bird must be let out for a walk in the warm season every day. In winter, only the warmest, sunny days are chosen for walking.
- Cleaning in the room and on the walk is carried out as often as possible, about once every 3 days, so that the chickens are always clean. If you do not, they can start to hurt. The litter is changed every 2-3 months, and the room is disinfected once every six months.
Diseases Hisex BrownWe recommend reading our other articles.
- Why does garlic turn yellow
- Romanov sheep breed
- The best varieties of oats
- Radish Glow description and characteristics of the variety
Chickens Hisex Brown do not get sick often. They have sustained immunity to many diseases and even parasites they are much easier to tolerate than many other species. And yet, if the birds are kept in poor conditions (damp, drafts, dirt), diseases will somehow arise and not rarely. In addition, overcrowding in the chicken coop leads to outbreaks of infections.
Most often, this breed suffers from lichen, aspergillosis, chicken pox, streptococcal infection, helminths, syngamosis, amidostomosis. With a lack of vitamins appears vitamin deficiency, anemia. Drafts and dampness in the room lead to the development of arthritis, pneumonia.
The patient needs to be isolated, call a veterinarian and decide on the disease and treatment
When identifying a sick individual, it must be isolated, then call the veterinarian and decide on the disease and treatment. The rest of the herd must pass an inspection and preventive treatment.
How to feed laying hens
Hisex Brown doesn’t eat much, but in order for the hen to rush well, it needs high-quality, balanced feed. The easiest way to feed is to use ready-made feed for layers. But he is expensive, so some breeders prefer to make a diet on their own. To make homemade feed is taken:
- crushed corn - 3 parts;
- wheat - 3 parts;
- legumes - 2 parts;
- oats - 1 part.
It is advisable to mix premixes, meat and bone or fish meal into this mixture.
Homemade feed for Hisex Brown do it yourselfImportant! So that chickens and roosters do not have problems with digestion, a capacity with gravel, coarse river sand and a crushed shell is installed in the hen house.
Bags are usually made from boiled and fresh vegetables. A hen and rooster eat potatoes, carrots, beets, zucchini, pumpkins, cabbage. You can give them together with cleaning, only before that you need to grind well, so that the birds would be comfortable eating food. You can replenish the amount of fat in the diet by means of sunflower, soybean meal or cake.
If in the summer the bird is regularly released for walking, feed consumption will greatly decrease. This breed loves to get food on their own. On the walk, if there are grasses, bugs, and birds in the pen, they will find food for themselves. This saves money.
For chickens Hisex Brown it is important that there is a large amount of water in the drinker. They can drink a lot, especially in summer when it is hot and stuffy. Water changes as often as possible - ideally 2 times a day, so as not to be polluted, But using nipple or similar, closed drinkers, water can be changed when it ends in a drinker - every 3-4 days.
For chickens Hisex Brown it is important that there is a large amount of water in the drinker
Breeding chickens breed Hisex Brown
Cross Hisex Brown, starting from the 3rd generation, loses the qualities inherent to the maternal individuals. In particular, this quickly occurs if crossbreeding with other breeds, crosses (except Leggorn) is allowed. In order to breed this particular bird on the farm, without any impurities, it is advisable to purchase young stock in factories for breeding.
If it is decided to breed the bird on its own, then you will need to purchase an incubator. Chickens Hisex Brown have almost completely lost their incubation instinct, so it is incredibly difficult to bring them out naturally. But in the incubator, they quickly divorced. In 99% of cases, the eggs are fertilized, hatchability is 99%, and the survival rate of the young is 95%. Chicks usually grow quickly, have good health, immunity. Sex can be distinguished on day 2 - females have a darker plumage.Interesting! Laying for chickens can be made from a torn newspaper, paper, and when the young grow up, you can replace it with sawdust.
Chickens are kept in a brooder until they grow up. Drafts, dampness, dirt are completely excluded! In a brooder, young animals are harvested every day; litter is replaced as necessary. It is very important that the chickens do not get sick. In the first couple of weeks, the lights almost never turn off.
For chickens the water in the drinker should always be!
As for feeding, it is important to follow certain rules.
- The first few days give boiled, chopped egg. From 3 days you can add chopped dandelion, nettle (scalded), sorrel, onion feathers to it.
- At the end of the first week, they introduce mash bags with steamed corn and wheat.
- From the second week feed already fed.
- From the third day dry cereal mixes and vegetable mash with greens are given. At this time, the chickens are already grown up, they can be moved to the chicken coop and begin to take to the street.
It is important that the diet contains vitamins, minerals. If necessary, include premixes (in winter, for example). Water should always be in the drinking bowl!
Reviews of breed Hicex Brown
Chickens Hisex Brown are known in many countries. Breeders consider them one of the best species, but what do breeders think about cross-country?
- Tamara Novik: “Having moved to the countryside, my husband and I decided to breed chickens. The choice fell on Hisex Brown, because we have a farm near where this species is professionally bred, so buying a bird is not difficult. The cross is very good, individuals quickly take root in the new place, egg production at the highest level, eggs go on sale, because there are too many of them for us. The lack of poultry taste is tough meat, but for soup it’s what we need. "
- Lyudmila Kovzh: "Haysex Brown brought together with Leggorn, because these species can be crossed with each other. Breeds are pleased, egg production is very high, birds are calm, they do not fight with each other. At one time, the productivity decreased, but as it turned out, the hen was undernourished. As a result, their feed was transferred "It's easier. I breed the birds in the incubator, the young grow quickly, there are no problems with the chickens. For three years of growing, they only got sick once, but the medicine helped to quickly cope with the illness - well, she turned to the vet in time."
- Dmitry Muratov: “I like Hisex Brown because of the beautiful view and calm nature. The birds are good, the yard is decorated, there is no noise from them. In terms of productivity, no complaints. Females are good, breeding in an incubator, periodically purchasing additional purebred individuals on farms. If provide the right conditions, there will be high egg production in winter and summer, while females always give large eggs with thick shells. The main disadvantage is that they need to be fed. On a homemade diet, they are worse. "