When processing wheat, a by-product is obtained - wheat bran. In the old days, it was considered not particularly useful and was used as an additive in the diet of agricultural animals. But from the end of the 20th century, wheat bran began to be actively used in healthy nutrition, traditional medicine, and cosmetology. Today, you can buy them at almost any grocery store or pharmacy, but in order for the product to benefit, not harm, you need to know about its properties and contraindications.
What is wheat bran
Wheat bran is a secondary product of production. But in order to understand what they are, you need to figure out how they are received. After the production gets grain, it is purified for further processing or sale. As a result of cleaning and processing of grain, a by-product of production is obtained - bran.
Wheat bran is a secondary product.
In fact, bran is simply a hard shell of the grain, to which dust and husks, obtained by grinding the wheat, are then also mixed. They are obtained not only from wheat, but also from barley, oats, rye, buckwheat. But it is wheat bran that is soft, therefore suitable for food.
Wheat bran is used mainly on animal farms. The product has a mass of nutrients, therefore it is almost irreplaceable for agricultural animals. It is useful for health and for the development of young. In addition, a quality product is useful for people, it is sold in stores and pharmacies. It is used for the treatment of ailments, rehabilitation, diet food. It is also a valuable product in cosmetology.It is important! Bran cause dehydration after consumption, so when they are taken you need to drink plenty of water!
Wheat Bran CompositionRead also these articles.
- Rex Rabbits
- Perennial asters
- How to deal with ring rot of potatoes
- How to tie grapes
To understand the full benefits of wheat bran, you need to study their composition. They contain a lot of nutrients.
Wheat Bran Composition
- Vitamins A, B, E improve immunity, improve eyesight, condition of nails, skin, hair.
- Iron is an active participant in the synthesis of blood cells.
- Zinc - helps in healing wounds, has a positive effect on the condition of hair and nails and skin.
- Copper - is necessary for normal blood formation, produces collagen and hemoglobin.
- Selenium - protects the body from radicals.
Also in the composition are:
- starch, vegetable oil, protein;
- unsaturated fatty acids;
- manganese, sodium, magnesium and some other minerals.
Photos of ground bran
According to GOST 7169-66, wheat bran should not contain harmful impurities, radicals, hazardous metals in concentrations exceeding the permissible rate. After receiving the bran, before selling, they are tested for color, taste, smell, moisture, the presence of pests, impurities, so that only a high-quality product gets into the market.
Types of wheat bran
In pharmacies, you can find two types of this product.
- Ground bran is a natural product that has not been subjected to additional processing. However, when stored in them often appears fungus.
- Molded or granulated bran. They are convenient for use on the road, but during production they undergo additional processing and therefore lose some of the useful properties.
Photos of molded or granulated bran
Benefit and harmWe recommend reading our other articles.
- Graft pruner
- Violet flower
- Grape Variety Buffet
- The benefits and harm of quail meat
Wheat bran has many beneficial properties that it is important for everyone who uses them or only plans to know about.
- Increase immunity, resistance to viral infections, due to the content of a large number of useful substances.
- Wheat bran cleanse the intestines. They literally clean off the decay products and toxic substances from the intestinal walls when they pass through it. So mainly the product helps to normalize the stool, get rid of constipation.
- Normalizes metabolism, intestinal microflora and absorbs carcinogens. In the fight against dysbiosis is the best tool, if there are no contraindications.
- Used for weight loss. The product contains nutrients and helps cleanse the body.
- Bran prevent the development of putrefactive processes in the intestine. They enhance the absorbability of nutrients, do not allow food to accumulate and roam. Scientists are convinced that systematic intake of the product can protect against bowel cancer.
- During pregnancy, if there is no increased uterine tone or other problems, this product can solve the problem with intestinal motility. It is also useful for nursing mothers, but it can be introduced into the diet only after the baby is 3 months old!
- The product also helps the liver, bile. People who drink alcohol, a lot of fatty foods, it can help avoid many ailments.
- It cleans blood vessels from cholesterol, increases their elasticity, reduces the risk of developing diseases, pathologies. Wheat bran is useful for people prone to tachycardia, arrhythmias, atherosclerosis, heart attack.
- People with diabetes are also recommended. The product not only slows down the absorption of carbohydrates, but also reduces the amount of glucose in the blood and, accordingly, dependence on insulin.
The benefits and harm of wheat bran
- Used to normalize the hormonal system of women, the level of estrogen and prevent many pathologies.
- Bran is useful for men, as they increase potency.
- For people who are regularly exposed to stress - is an indispensable component of the daily diet. Wheat bran has a positive effect on the central nervous system, increases the body's resistance to stress, anxiety.
And what harm and contraindications have wheat bran?
- It is not recommended to use bran if there were serious problems with the intestines. For example, in the acute form of pancreatitis, gastritis or cholecystitis, bran cannot be used.
- They are contraindicated in enteritis, ulcers, colitis, intestinal bleeding.
- Dangerous product and hepatitis.
- With individual tolerance bran also should not be consumed.
- In the event of an allergy, admission is terminated.
- It is not recommended to eat bran while taking medicine.
How to take wheat bran
How to take wheat bran
Wheat bran is good for health, but if used improperly, it can also be harmful. So, how to take wheat bran?
First, the bran is washed a couple of times, then poured boiling water and infused for about 30 minutes. After that, they are taken about half an hour before meals in pure form or added to main dishes. Daily rate - up to 30 g. But the reception of this product begins with 1 tsp. per day, to check the reaction of the body and the rate rises to 30 grams gradually, every day.
After regular consumption of bran for 14 days, you need to take a break for 10 days. This is only necessary for the first time. Then they are again included in the diet. For the prevention of diseases, the product is consumed up to 3 months and 2 tsp. in a day. For therapeutic purposes, they eat up to 1.5 months, and then make a break for 15-20 days.
It is very important to drink plenty of water when taking wheat bran. If a person consumed per day up to 2 liters of water, then after adding bran to the daily diet, the rate of water is increased by 300-500 ml. If bran is not steamed, in pure form, then after them it is necessary to drink a glass of water.Important! It is not recommended to use wheat bran for more than 3 months in a row!
The use of wheat bran in cosmetology
Wheat bran face mask
In cosmetology, bran is often used. They replenish the function of keratin, which makes it possible to stop aging, prevents sagging of the skin and preserves the contours of the face. Also improves skin color, wrinkles disappear. You can buy ready-made masks with this component in the composition or make a nutrient mixture on your own.
- A face mask is very simple. 5 g of bran are sieved to avoid coarse particles. They add the yolk, a spoonful of water and mix everything well. The mask is applied on the face and held for 15 minutes, then washed off with water.
- Hair mask is made from broth. 250 g of bran are poured with a glass of water and brought to a boil. Then reduce the fire, bran cooked for 10 minutes. Then they are set aside and insist for another 1 hour. The finished mask is applied to dampened hair. Then you need to put on a plastic bag over your head and roll it over with a towel.
How to store the product
Bran is sold either in a large package for animals, or in small plastic bags for people. To ensure that the product does not deteriorate at home, it should be stored in dry, dark rooms. If wheat bran is small, you can put them in a glass jar and tightly close the lid.
Wheat bran reviews
Reviews about bran can be both positive and negative. Mostly this product brings only benefits, but as mentioned above, it has a number of contraindications. So it is better to consult with your doctor before taking.
- Olga Begunova: "For many years I have been using bran for masks. I tried to eat several times, but since I have gastritis, especially not risking with long courses. But for hair and skin it is an irreplaceable product. The face after the mask becomes toned, fresh, wrinkles are smoothed. For hair, the effect is less noticeable, only after a month of regular use. "
- Valery Mashnegud: “I recently bought wheat bran from a store to cleanse the body. The product is very nutritious and nourishing, my wife uses it for weight loss. I took in granules and honestly enough several granules to satisfy my hunger! I used fresh and steamed. After a week I noticed that the stomach began to work better, the evening pains disappeared, when I eat a lot, my general well-being has improved. "
- Dmitry Zayvy: "Bran tried on the advice of a friend when regular stomach problems started. Then there were pains of a different nature, then rumbling, then flatulence. In general, after the examination I was told that there were no serious problems, but the problems continued. So I decided to try bran. I used a teaspoon before each breakfast (half an hour). Then I drank 1-2 glasses of water. After 10 days, the problems disappeared, so now I will take it for prevention several times a year. "