Nectarine is a very tasty fruit. On sale there are many varieties of this amazing delicacy, each of which is distinguished by something special. This article presents all the most famous varieties of nectarine and describes how this fruit is useful and can cause harm.
What is nectarine
Nectarine in appearance is very similar to peach, but the main difference is that the peel is absolutely smooth, while the peach is covered with a small down. You can find white nectarine. It is usually small in size, not inferior in taste to other species. But most often on sale there are yellow-red nectarines of a wide variety of varieties.
Photos nectarine "Stark Red Gold"Interesting! Nectarine can grow on a peach, but peaches on nectarines are rare!
The fruit is thermophilic, it grows predominantly in warm areas, but it also feels good in cold regions. The tree and the fruits are sick very rarely and almost no pests are affected. The fruits are round, reaching a mass of 200 g.
As part of this fruit are:
- vitamins (A, groups B, C, E, K);
- minerals: potassium, phosphorus, iron, calcium, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, zinc;
- saturated, polyunsaturated and simple unsaturated fatty acids.
Photo nectarine "Crimson Gold"
In 100 g of product:
- 11.8 g - carbohydrates;
- 0.9 g of proteins;
- 0.2 g fat;
- and only 48 kcal.
The history of the origin of nectarineRead also these articles.
- Planting garlic in the fall
- Mini Gilt Mini Pig
- How to feed an apple tree
- What to process cabbage
Nectarine is home to East Asia. Even in the XVI century it was called ridiculous fruit, although it was valued for taste at all times. For a long time it was believed that it was obtained by selection. But over time, scientists have found that the fruit occurred through the natural evolution of peach in nature. It is believed that at some point the climate has changed dramatically and the peach has mutated in order not to die. Gardeners immediately appreciated the potential of new trees and fruits, and began to breed nectarines.
Photos nectarine "Donat"
Description of Nectarine Varieties
Varieties of nectarine very much. Below are the best varieties of nectarine.
- "Stark Red Gold" - American variety. Maturation occurs in the second half of August. The tree grows medium in height. Fruits are spherical, 180-200 g yellow. The flesh is dense, the drupe goes away without problems. The taste is pleasant, sweet.
- Crimson Gold - skonoplodny grade of nectarine. Fruits of 100-130 g, yellow with pink blush. The flesh is orange, fleshy. Excellent taste like even gourmet. It has a high, regular yield, frost resistance.
- Donat - fig nectarine, derived in Italy. Ripening is average; fruits are harvested from the end of July. The tree grows medium in height, with a dense crown. Fruits in 2 years after planting. Fruits are medium, burgundy, without pubescence, weighing up to 150 g. The shape of a fig like peach is flattened. The stone is small, moving away without problems. The pulp is creamy, fibrous. The taste is sweet, gentle, there is a pleasant aroma.
Photos of nectarine "Ruby 7"
- "Ruby 7" - very fruitful form of nectarine. Maturation has been observed since mid-August. The tree grows medium in size, but the crown is spreading. Fruits of 150-180 g, dark red, round. The flesh is yellow, the bones are red. The tree is winter-hardy, has moderate immunity to diseases.
- "Nectare 4" - American type of nectarine. Ripens by the first of August. There is resistance to cold, fungal diseases. Fruits 140-160 g, maroon rind. The flesh is closer to the orange, dessert taste. The stone is small, detachable.
- "Lola" - Uzbek variety. It has a high sugar content and strong aroma. The tree grows low, with a compact crown. Creamy fruits with green tint and red blush. Weight up to 100 g. The pulp is fibrous, white. The taste is sweet with sharpness, which is quite unusual for nectarine. Variety ripens early, has resistance to frost.
Photos of nectarine "Nectared 4"
- "Fantasy" - tall variety. Fruits are large, 150 g on average, yellow with rosy stains. The flesh is dark yellow, but the bone is reddish. The taste is harmonious. Differs in winter hardiness, disease resistance. Pest control is almost not affected. Suitable for freezing.
- "Favorite" - variety of Ukrainian selection. Trees of medium height, sprawling crown. The taste is sweet and sour. Fruits of 150 g, yellow-cream color with a pink blush on the side. Drupe easy to get. The tree is resistant to fungal diseases, frost.
- "Stark Sanglo" - variety bred by American breeders. Tree height is about 3 meters, the crown of medium density. The fruits are round, asymmetrical, yellow in color with a dark red blush. The pulp is fibrous, sweet and sour. Drupe easily moves away. A variety of fruit, resistant to frost.
The benefits of nectarine for the human bodyWe recommend reading our other articles.
- The best varieties of peas
- How to prepare raspberries for winter
- What are the cells for quail and how to make it yourself
- How to feed gooseberries?
Photos of nectarine "Lola"
The benefits and harm of nectarine are studied by scientists for more than a year. Nectarine has many useful properties. It has both preventive and therapeutic effects on the human body.
- Restores the fluid balance in the cells and tissues of the body, which allows you to maintain health and youth.
- Displays all excess fluid and sodium, so the fruit is prescribed for the prevention of atherosclerosis and hypertension.
- Improves the digestive tract, normalizes the acidity of the stomach.
- Lowers blood cholesterol.
- Stabilizes the nervous system. Helps reduce irritation, anxiety.
- It protects the body from the appearance of tumors and cancer cells.
- Nectarine juice is used to treat blood diseases.
Photos of nectarine "Fantasy"
Nectarines are used in pharmacology for the manufacture of oils used in various ointments. True, for these purposes only certain varieties of bitter nectarine are suitable.
In cosmetology, this product has also found application. Nectarine pulp makes nourishing, wellness masks. And nectarine trees are often used in the woodworking industry. They have a peculiar texture and are easy to process.
Harm and contraindications
Although nectarine and belong to the useful products, in some cases it can not be used.
Photos nectarine "Favorite"
- People with diabetes, this fruit is contraindicated, because it contains a lot of sugar.
- People who are prone to allergies can also harm this fruit. The cause of the allergic reaction is usually blue acid and protein contained in nectarine.
- If you are hypersensitive, it is better not to use nectarines.
In addition, during the cultivation of nectarines, various hazardous chemicals are often used to obtain high-quality fruits. As a result, the crop becomes polluted by harmful substances. During the quality control of products, such fruits are usually withdrawn from sale, but if the product goes on sale illegally, it can be dangerous to the human body.
Photos nectarine "Stark Sanglo"
Gardeners that grow nectarines in their garden and consumers most often speak positively of nectarines.
- Marina Stepanyuk: "For me, nectarine is an indispensable fruit. A couple of years ago, when I started eating it, my cholesterol dropped dramatically, my blood pressure returned to normal, and since then, I use this fruit every season. And I freeze a certain amount for the winter taste in the cold season. "
- Sergey Mokhov: "Nectarines are loved by my whole family. They used to buy only on the market, made jams, desserts and even ice cream out of them! But then they tried to grow nectarine at their dacha. It turned out that it is not harder than growing an apple tree, only the process is more labor-intensive. it is good to warm up for the winter, to make sure that they do not get sick, to water it on time, to feed it, but the result is worth the effort. This year they gathered the first crop of nectarines. It tastes good, like from a store, only more useful, because it was grown by hand! "
- Valentina Antipova: “For several years they tried to grow nectarines on the plot, then, after sorting out the varieties, they realized that they were buying species unsuitable for our climate. A couple of years ago they bought a seedling of the variety“ Favorite. ”It has been growing for 2 years, I endured winter without problems. I hope soon eat juicy fruits. "