Raspberry Caramel is a young, remontant variety. Well proven in industrial cultivation, but also suitable for cultivation in small personal plots. Variety tolerates severe frosts, grows in regions with different climatic conditions. Berries are very sweet, universal purpose. Details on the characteristics of the variety and the characteristics of its cultivation can be found in this article.
Description of the raspberry variety Caramelka
The repair raspberry Caramelka was bred in 2013, and in 2016 it was registered in the State Register of Russia. Bushes average height, grow quickly, compactly. In height reach 1.5 meters. There are many pagons, they are erect, they do not fall under the weight of berries. Not a lot of spikes. The leaves are dark green. The buds are medium in size, white, gathered in a brush. When planting in spring, you can expect the first fruiting in the same year.
Flowering occurs in June and lasts all summer
Flowering occurs in June and lasts all summer. Shrubs have both female and male flowers, so pollinators are not required. The first berries can be expected by the second half of July. From the moment of the appearance of the first berries, the bushes bear fruit until the autumn frosts.
Crop ripens on annual and biennial sprouts. The berries are dense, very juicy with a memorable aroma. The mass of berries can reach 12 g. The shape is cone-shaped. Color - red. The taste is sweet, rich, but if the bushes grow in the shade, then there will be sourness. The composition of the berries about 10% sugars and 0.96% acid.
The advantages and disadvantages of raspberry CaramelRead also these articles.
- Feed for pigs
- Breed Muscovy duck (Indo-Hound)
- Varieties of cabbage for pickling and storage
- Description and characteristics of the variety Cherry Youth
Like any other raspberry variety, Caramel has a number of positive and negative qualities. The advantages of this raspberry emit many gardeners.
- Fruits in the first year after planting.
- There are almost no thorns.
- Berries are stored for about a month after harvest.
The shape of a berry is cone-shaped, color red
- The taste of berries is excellent, sweet.
- Berries are suitable for transportation over long distances.
- Commercial quality berries are good.
- The harvest can be collected both manually and mechanically.
- Viable grade. Maintains frosts to-30 degrees!
- Productivity from a bush to 5 kg of berries.
Although few flaws, they are significant.
- Shrubs give few shoots and cuttings, so planting material is difficult to obtain, and expensive to buy.
- In the care of this very picky variety.
- During a drought, you need to make sure that the land under the bushes does not dry out, otherwise the raspberries will start to fade quickly.
- Bushes have resistance only to some diseases, but still often are affected by anthracnose, septoria, verticillus and purple spot.
Raspberry Caramel is considered one of the most demanding in terms of growing. The first problems can be encountered even during the landing. The fact is that this variety accepts only high-quality, fertilized soil. Place for planting should be sunny, humidity - normal, not too high. If some of these conditions are not met, the bushes will slowly grow and will not give a good harvest.Important! If the raspberry Caramel grows in the shade, its berries will be small and sour. So, the choice of a place should be approached with all responsibility.
Raspberry Caramel is considered one of the most demanding in terms of growing
Before planting, roots of seedlings are soaked in the root. The plot is dug up, fertilizers are applied (compost, potassium nitrate), the earth is well loosened to be soft. Landing is carried out in rows. Between seedlings in a row should be about one meter of free space. Between the rows leave 1.5-2 meters. When planting, seedlings need to be properly compacted in the ground. After this, the rows are watered. Rooting for bushes takes about 2 weeks.
Raspberry Caramel CareWe recommend reading our other articles.
- Dogwood Jam
- Why does not bloom Decembrist
- Calf diseases and treatment
- Growing dill in a greenhouse in winter
A big harvest of raspberry variety Caramelka can be expected only if you follow the rules of care.
- Watering is carried out once every 2 weeks. During a drought, water should be added more often. A bush at a time should account for about 15 liters of water.
- To raspberry not sick, it is necessary to spray it with specialized means. The treatment of pests is also important, because this variety is often affected by aphids, the raspberry beetle, the raspberry-strawberry weevil.
- Tying bushes is not necessary. Pagons stretch to the sun and do not fall, but if the landing is extensive, the garter does not hurt, so it is easier to separate the landing from the tracks.
For raspberry caramel, pest control is important
- Top dressing raspberry varieties Caramel hold in the spring, during flowering and autumn. Nitrogen substances are needed in the spring, and potash and phosphorus are needed during flowering in the fall. In the autumn and spring, you can add organic matter, but in the summer only minerals are suitable for dressing.
- Since the variety is remontant, it is necessary to cut the bushes for the winter, leaving only small hemp. Pruning is done after the first frosts hit, approximately by this time the raspberry will give the last harvest.
- This raspberry tolerates frost well, but for reliability, in cold regions it is worthwhile to put bundles of straw between the rows as mulch.
Harvesting and storage
When the raspberry is ripe, you can begin to collect it. The collection takes place from about the second half of the day or early in the morning if there is no dew. Berries without problems depart from the stem, the flesh is not damaged and does not let the juice.Important! No need to hurry with the harvest of raspberries. If you give the berries to ripen, they will be more sweet, because they have time to collect sweets.
If the berries ripen, they will be sweeter.
Harvest raspberry Caramel is suitable not only for fresh consumption, but also for processing into jam, compotes. Often, confiture is made from it, jam, put in pastries, used for fresh desserts. Berries can also be dried, frozen, during heat treatment, they do not lose their taste and aroma. Because of the sweetness, they are also used in the preparation of liqueurs.
Reviews on raspberry variety Caramelka
Raspberry Caramel is very difficult to grow, and yet, thanks to its unsurpassed taste, it is preferred by many other varieties.
- Timur Budenko: “I grow Caramelka variety for my family. When I bought seedlings for the first time, I chose a bad place. In the partial shade the bushes practically did not grow, the raspberries were not tasty. But then the neighbor advised me to transplant the bushes in the sun. Raspberries stretched out, began to give great harvests, and what tasty berries turned out to be - really surprising! It is also good that the harvest has been stored for a long time! "
- Elena Koteiko: “In terms of cultivation, the raspberry variety Caramel is the most capricious of all, as for me. But it is worth the effort. First, it should be noted that it tolerates frosty winters well, but also, the berries are universal and very sweet. There is a demand for them always, therefore, although it is difficult to grow this variety, I will never give up on it ever! "
- Oleg Brazhinnikov: "Raspberry Caramel in our family has been cultivated for years. The crop partially goes for food, partly for sale. In cultivating, the variety is profitable, though difficult. The main problem we are facing for 2 years in a row is raspberry aphid. It regularly precipitates bushes , although it is quickly removed. A year ago, he equipped drip irrigation under the raspberries. The bushes grow in the sun, they do not burn from the heat, they do not boil. They ripen quickly. "