Raspberry Polka is often referred to as Shelf. This remontant variety, known for its taste and rapid growth. Polka is grown almost throughout Europe and beyond. This is a promising type of raspberry, which is suitable both for industrial cultivation and for cultivation on small, private lands.
Description of the raspberry variety Polka
The Repair Raspberry Polk was created by the breeder from Poland, Jan Danek by crossing OTM-Bliss and Z-89141 varieties. This new variety was registered in 1993, and in 2003 entered into mass sale.
Bush average height. The roots are fibrous. The shoots are flat, strong, 1.5-1.8 meters long. Even during the big harvest, they do not bend under the weight, so that the supports are not required. Fruit branches are formed on all internodes, on which 6-8 berries can ripen simultaneously. There are spikes on the ponds, there are not many of them and they are quite soft, without hooks, but they prick, so it is recommended to take care of the bushes and harvest in long rubber gloves.
Raspberry elastic, medium juiciness, sweet, slightly sour, strong smell, pleasantImportant! Malina Polka gives very few basal shoots, does not grow much. Because of this, it is convenient to grow it on large plantations.
Berries are always formed on annual and biennial pagon. On two-year branches, fruits ripen from mid-summer, and on annual ones - from the second half of August. The berries are large, cone-shaped. Weight - 8-12 g. The color of the berries after full ripening is almost maroon or deep crimson, there may be a noticeable shine. Raspberry elastic, medium juiciness, dessert, with a slight sourness. The smell is strong, pleasant.
The virtues of raspberry polkaRead also these articles.
- Grade Pears Cathedral
- Why do not rush quails
- Leghorn Chickens
- When to plant squash for seedlings
Polka raspberry varieties have a lot of positive qualities.
- The variety has good immunity to many diseases characteristic of raspberries. He also tolerates attacks of pests.
- After ripening, berries can be stored for a long time on the branches, without falling off.
- After collecting the berries for a long time, do not let the juice.
- Commercial quality is high. Raspberry Regiment gives large, beautiful berries, one to one. The color is saturated, the aroma is strong.
- Berries easily carry transportation over long and short distances.
- Harvest can be collected by mechanized or manual method.
- Productivity from a bush - 4-6 kg.
- The taste is excellent, rated at 5 points out of 5.
Productivity from a bush - 4-6 kg
The disadvantages of raspberries
Negative moments in the cultivation, as it would not want to avoid, will not work. Raspberry Polka has a lot of advantages, but it also has disadvantages.
- Frost resistance is average. In cold regions, we can not do without warming.
- Heat and drought raspberry Polka endures with difficulty. Berries are roasted in the sun, they can let the juice dry, lose taste.
Features planting raspberry polkaWe recommend reading our other articles.
- Rabbit Cages
- Platicodone Flower
- Varieties of winter wheat
- Breed of High Line Chickens
Planting is an important point in growing any crop, including raspberries. If it is wrong to plant it or pick up a bad place, it will not be able to please with abundant crops from year to year. Place for planting raspberry varieties Polka is chosen sunny or in partial shade. It is recommended to make manual supports for the canopy in advance, so that in the hot summer it will shade the bushes from the scorching sun. The land should be fertilized, not marshy.
Planting raspberry Regiment is held in spring or autumn. The variety quickly takes root, responds well to return and early frosts, as long as the planting material is of high quality.
Raspberry varieties are propagated Polka root processes or cuttings. The cuttings are cut in spring, summer, then the notches are made on the bark on one side of the cutting and it is placed in the root solution. When the roots appear on the handle, they land.Important! Malina Polka grows very poorly during a drought. If the earth dries out for a long time, part of the crop is lost!
Place for planting raspberry varieties Polka is chosen sunny or in partial shade
If a scion is taken for planting, it is cut off from the main bush in advance, the roots are soaked in a solution from pests, diseases and then used for planting.
Planting is carried out after fertilizing the soil. As a fertilizer, you can take compost, humus, superphosphate. For each cutting or shrub, a separate hole is made, although sometimes raspberries are planted in trenches. The depth should not be very big, because the root neck is not buried. When the pits are made, water is poured into them, then cuttings or bushes are put (better, at an angle of 45 degrees, but not necessarily). It remains only to sprinkle the roots with earth, compact with a hand and thoroughly water.
Raspberry Polka care is carried out from early spring to late autumn.
- The land around the bushes should always be clean, weed-free, loosened. If desired, you can mulch it to simplify the work and reduce the number of irrigations.
- Watering is carried out simple or drip. The second option is much more convenient, especially during the drought period - the land due to constant moisture will not dry out and it will be easier for the plants to transfer the hot summer.
- Garter is an optional part of care. If there are only a few bushes in the garden, you can not make supports, do not tie up the bushes, they will grow up, the pagons rarely fall to the ground. However, in large landings, the garter is recommended to make it easier to move between the rows.
- Pruning varieties raspberries Polka can be carried out 1-2 times a year. In the spring, remove those pagons that have frozen out over the winter or have signs of pest damage. In the autumn they cut off the old shoots, all damaged pagons. Some gardeners grow this remontant variety, annually updating a bush. In the fall, they completely cut off all the pagons, leaving small hemp, and the following year, raspberries produce a rich harvest on the appeared, annual twigs.
- Top dressing is important for maximum yield. If the land was fertilized when planting, the first dressings are made from 3-4 years of cultivation. In the spring, around April - early May, mineral fertilizers are applied with an abundance of nitrogen. Before flowering and while tying berries, make compost, wood ash. From minerals suitable potassium phosphate fertilizers. For the winter, every 2 years they make humus for digging.
Watering is carried out simple or drip.
- Raspberry of this variety does not often hurt; 2 preventive treatments per year are enough to protect the bushes. And of the pests, the most harm is the aphid. From her bushes are treated 3 times a year with specialized drugs.
- For the winter, the bushes are recommended to warm well. For this pagon pruned late autumn. The earth is 20-30 cm warmed with mulch. If there is little snow in winter, then it is necessary to cover the bushes with insulating material (burlap, agrofibre, film, lapnik, straw). Thus, it is possible to protect the ground part of the bush from severe frosts.
After the harvest is ripe, it can be harvested. In the summer, as in the fall, there is no shortage of crops, but gardeners note that it is in the fall that raspberries produce the largest and most delicious berries. After collecting this raspberry variety, you can make the preservation for the winter, desserts, pastries, juices. Berries are also suitable for freezing and drying. During processing, they retain a lot of vitamins and minerals.
Reviews about raspberry variety Polka
Polka raspberry varieties known to many gardeners, we offer to read the reviews of people who grow it.
- Elena Stepanova: "Polka picked Polka from reviews on the Internet and neighbors' recommendations. She planted bushes in the spring, settled down quickly. The variety is very good, productive, raspberries are enough for preservation and for food - the grandchildren are happy. The only problem is those bushes that grow in the shade , and I have two such, give not very sweet berries. "
- Sofia Bykova: I grow raspberries for sale for the family. Polka has become fond of the fact that the berries are moderately juicy. They don’t flow, but they aren’t dry. The taste is perfect - sweetness and acid are in perfect harmony. Bushes grow quickly, you can cut off all branches and next year the harvest will be big, and this is convenient in cold regions. In general, I recommend it to everyone! "
- Maxim Chuiko: "Shelf is one of the best raspberry species. Ideal for sale. Even if you harvest in the evening, in the morning the berries look fresh, as if just fresh from a branch. Juice is not allowed during transport, the taste is good, the aroma is amazing! But that if ripe berries are not picked on time, and they fall under the rain, the taste changes, it becomes somehow bland. "