On large and small farms where cattle are bred, it is difficult to do without a separator for milk. This is a device that allows you to clean the milk or divide it into fractions. In this article, you can familiarize yourself with the principle of operation of the separator, its main varieties and known models.
What is a milk separator?
In the old days, manual methods were used to cleanse milk or to separate cream. But it took a lot of time, effort, and also required the use of clean rooms with a certain temperature. To simplify this process, a milk separator was invented. A separator is an apparatus that allows you to clean the milk, separate the cream, or even make butter.
Photo separator Motor Sich 100
The first models of separators were made for large factories and plants to increase the number of products. Over time, scientists have invented more compact versions of separators, which are convenient to use with small amounts of milk.
The operation of the separator is based on the principle of centrifugal force. Heavy watery mass in the separator is separated, and light fat (cream) accumulates closer to the center. In this way, the cream is separated from the milk and both products are separated into different cups. In this case, the fat content of the cream on certain separators can be adjusted.
Industrial and domestic milk separatorRead also these articles.
- Apricot Variety Champion of the North
- The content of guinea fowls at home
- Duck breed indian runner
- Raspberry jam
To date, commercially available industrial and domestic separators.
Photo separator Salute ESB04
- The household separator can be electric or mechanical. He is able to skip small amounts of milk, making skimmed inverse, cream, and also just clean the milk from impurities. Such designs are small, take up little space, are easy to assemble and disassemble, wash.
- Industrial models differ in that they can process large volumes of milk. They work only through an electric motor. In addition to cleaning milk, separating cream, processing milk into butter, certain models have the function of separating cottage cheese from whey. Industrial species can be open, semi-closed or closed (hermetic). These are quite large, heavy machines, which require a lot of space, cleaning them more laborious.
Photo separator Farmer
Electric and manual separator
Household separators are divided into electrical and mechanical. Each of them has its own qualities and disadvantages. Mechanical separators, they are also manual, operate when a farmer force is applied. They do not depend on electricity and this is a significant advantage, but large volumes of milk for them are very difficult to process. Working for such a separator can quickly get tired. The manual separator is very simple, it is easy to repair, although it does not break often.Important! When buying an electric separator, you need to pay attention to the power and operation of the engine. After all, it depends on its quality what product will be obtained after processing.
The electric separator is preferably used when processing significant volumes of milk. Such a device rather quickly and efficiently does its job, but can be turned off when voltage is interrupted. Industrial electrical devices do not react so sharply to changes in voltage, but they are not practical in living conditions.
Photo Separator Rotor
Instrument SelectionWe recommend reading our other articles.
- Variety of cucumbers Phoenix
- Apricot varieties for the Moscow region
- Black carrot
- Automatic egg incubator
During the selection of a separator, it is necessary to initially decide for what purposes it will be used. For large production, a production model is needed, but for a small farm there is enough household equipment. If you need a household appliance, it is important to determine whether it is manual or electric. But what else should you pay attention to when choosing a milk separator?
- The power of the device depends largely on what kind of load it will go. If the device is needed for household needs, then he does not need more power. But, if milk is processed daily in large quantities, then the power of the device is chosen high, otherwise the separator will not last for a long time. A household separator can process from 50 to 80 liters of milk per hour, but in order for the machine to work for a long time, you need to choose one that has sufficient capacity.
- Material type. Metal devices are long, due to the fact that the material is durable. Plastic milk separators break more often due to the fragility of the material. If you often use such a separator, it will not last long. Although if you carefully handle it, then a plastic device will allow you to work on it for years.
Photo separator Neptune
- Functions. Different models of milk separators have their own specific functions that they can perform. For example, the processing of milk into butter is not available in all devices. But this is just one of the options for additional functions; they may also be available: a regulator of fat content of cream, skim milk, a normalizer, a milk cleaner, dehydration of cottage cheese, etc. Some of them are important, others are not of practical use. In order not to overpay for unnecessary functions, you need to think about this during the purchase of a separator.
Well, finally, it is also important to pay attention to the cost. A very expensive device will pay back its cost in a small farm for a long time!
The best models of separators
Household milk separators come in all sorts of options. Types of separators differ in displacement volume, functions and other qualities. The best options popular among farmers are presented below.
Photo separator R3-OPS
- "Motor Sich 100" - electric device weighing 4-6 kg. Consumes 60 watts. Bowls have a volume of 12 liters. Productivity - 80-100 l / hour. Cost within 3700-5400 rubles. Price depends on the case material (metal or plastic).
- Separator "Salute ESB04" - electrical apparatus, small size. Separates the milk from the cream, while filtering it from pollution. There is an overload system. Productivity - 50 l / hour. Cost - 4260 rubles.
- Separator "Farmer" can process up to 80 liters of milk. The mass of the structure is about 3 kg. Energy consumption - 80 watts. Cost within 3900 rubles.
- "Rotor" (Altai) is powered by electricity. The power used is 100 watts. About 55 liters of fluid are processed per hour. Dairy receiver volume of 5.5 liters. Instrument weight - 3.5 l. Price - 2250 rubles.
- Separator "Neptune" powered by the mains. Productivity - 50 l / hour. It has a stable rotational speed, and the fat content of milk can be regulated by a special regulator. The weight of the device is only 3.2 kg. The cost is 2950 rubles.
- "R3-OPS" (Penzmash) - manual separator in order to purify or divide the milk into fractions. Made of high quality plastic. Productivity - 50 l / hour. The capacity of the milk receiver bowl is 5.5 l. Cost up to 3000 rubles.
The milk separator can greatly facilitate the work of the milkman. Such a device is able to make high-quality cream from fresh milk, butter, and some machines also separate the whey from the curd. For large and small farms, they are very convenient and beneficial to use.