A good harvest of eggplants can be obtained if the crop planting period is calculated correctly. In most areas, eggplants are grown by the seedling method. But when to plant eggplants for seedlings in 2019 according to the lunar calendar, so that they have enough time to develop, and not stretch out before landing in the ground? You can focus on the type of seeds (their maturity), and the lunar calendar, the climatic conditions of the region.
When is it best to plant eggplants for seedlings
When growing eggplant seedlings need to consider some important points.
- The climate of the region. The colder the area, the later the seedlings are planted in open ground, so you need to sow the seeds later.
- The method of growing. In open ground, seedlings are planted 7-21 days later than in the indoor, especially if the greenhouse is heated!
- Type of plant. Depending on the type of eggplants, they can be planted in a permanent place only to achieve seedlings of a certain age. This criterion is usually indicated on the back of the seed package.
Calendar planting and care for eggplant 2019It is important! It takes 1-3 days to germinate seeds, this should be taken into account when calculating the day for sowing seedlings.
Choosing the date of sowing seeds, it is worth looking for a middle ground. If you sow them too soon, they will stretch out, and if they are late, they will yield a crop with a long delay.
Calculation of terms for varieties of eggplantRead also these articles.
- Clematis Multi Blue
- Pushkin breed of chickens
- When to plant cucumbers for seedlings in 2019
- Red-cheeked apricot
Eggplant varieties have their own ripening time. From the emergence of shoots to harvest, certain time passes.
- Early varieties ripen in 90-120 days;
- Mid-season eggplants require 120-140 days;
- Late crops ripen in no less than 140 days or more.
First you need to collect the seeds of the variety you like.Important! On the back of seed packaging, there is often information when to sow seeds for seedlings, pick picking and final transplanting of seedlings into the ground.
On this basis, it is possible to calculate when to plant eggplants for seedlings in 2019.
- Early cultures are transplanted to the final place at the age of 45-60 days;
- Mid-season - 65-70 days;
- Late species for full development need 70-80 days, and only then they can be transplanted into the ground.
So on average, the cultivation of seedlings eggplant takes 2-3 months. For example, if seedlings are planted on the final site on May 15, then seedlings of late species should be grown from February 15, mid-season - in early March, and early - from March 15.
When to plant eggplants in 2019 according to the lunar calendar
Most professional gardeners sow seeds on the lunar calendar. This method is convenient (easy to choose the day) and effective - it has been tested by more than one generation of farmers. So, when to plant eggplants for seedlings on the lunar calendar in 2019
Before planting after disinfection, seeds should be germinated
Good for sowing eggplant seeds are the days of the growing moon. Favorable days for planting eggplant in 2019:
- In February - 6-8, 11-13, 20-25, 28 numbers.
- In March - 8-12, 15-20, 23-25, 27-29.
- In April - 1-4, 6-9, 11-13, 20-21, 24-26, 29-30.
When greenhouse cultivation of eggplant is used all summer, it is also possible to sow seeds in later months:
- in May - 3-4, 8-10, 17-18, 21-23, 26-28;
- in June - 5-6, 13-15, 18-20.
It should be borne in mind that not only the sowing of seeds, but also their processing, soaking, should be carried out on favorable days, otherwise you can not expect quick shoots.Interesting! Eggplants are heat-loving plants with a long growing season, so it is important to be able to correctly calculate the period of planting the seedlings for the plants to have time to develop.
Focusing on the lunar calendar in 2019, should be avoided to work with the seeds of adverse lunar days. During this period, it is better not to plant anything at all, not to sow or soak the seeds.
- In February - 4, 5, 9 numbers;
- March - 6, 7, 21;
- April - 5, 19;
- May - 5, 19;
- in June - 3, 4, 17.
Planted seeds landed convenient for you
When to plant eggplants in Siberia and the UralsWe recommend reading our other articles.
- Watermelon Grade AU Producer
- Savoy cabbage - growing and care
- The best recipes for marinated zucchini
- Potato cultivar Zekura
The climate directly affects the time of planting seedlings. If the region is cold, then the warm weather is established late and, accordingly, planting of saplings is carried out later than in warm regions.
Planting seedlings of eggplants in the ground in Siberia and the Urals is carried out not earlier than the beginning of June 2019, so seedlings begin to be engaged from the beginning to the middle of March. The earliest varieties can start sowing and the end of March. There will be enough time for development.Important! If you plant seedlings of eggplant to a permanent place too early, it may not transfer the return spring frosts, so it is better to plant a crop 7 days later than to risk a future crop.
It is recommended to grow only the early and mid-season types of eggplants in the northern areas, because later ones simply do not have time to ripen before the onset of cold weather.
Sprouts must be watered and fed on time.
When to plant eggplants in the suburbs
Middle Russia (Moscow region) is characterized by a temperate climate. In this case it will be appropriate to carry out sowing on seedlings closer to the end of February 2019. Thus, it will be possible to plant ready seedlings in open ground in the third decade of May.Interesting! In the suburbs, it is customary to sow the seeds of eggplant seedlings on February 23 - for a holiday of men, and tomatoes - on March 8, the day of women.
In the Leningrad region, the period of sowing culture is postponed for 7-14 days ahead (at the beginning of March), in order to land in the ground in early June.
If eggplants are cultivated in warm areas, the seedlings are sown until February 15, in order to transplant the shoots to the garden near the end of April.
Ready seedlings can be transplanted into the ground
Aubergine Sowing Tips
When growing eggplant seedlings it is important not only to determine the time of sowing. It is also necessary to carry out the procedure correctly so that the seeds quickly emerge.
- Eggplant seeds are not taken old, the ideal age is 2-3 years. It is advisable to buy them in a specialty store, especially if you need to grow a hybrid, and not a variety.
- In order for the seeds to give quick shoots, it is necessary to germinate them in advance by treating with growth stimulants (for example, Epin). If the seeds are old, not branded, then they should also be disinfected using a weak solution of potassium permanganate. Soaking time in the solution - 15-20 minutes.
- The substrate can be bought, although professional gardeners make it on their own, using sod land and humus. And so that the mixture was loose, it adds river sand or vermiculite. For nutritional value, minerals and wood ash are also poured into the soil.
- Containers for seedlings are usually taken plastic. Peat cups do not fit, because the roots of this culture are weak and it will be difficult for them to break through the walls.
Sowing of seeds is carried out at a depth of about 0.5 cm with a distance of 1 cm between the seeds. A hole or row is made, for example with a pencil. After laying the seeds, the wells fall asleep and slightly crush with their fingers (but do not condense). It remains only to spray the earth from the spray gun and cover it with a colorless film or glass. When germinating seeds do not really need light, but the temperature should always be within + 25 ... +28 degrees Celsius. After the sprouts appear, the film is removed and the sprouts are placed on a bright place.
Growing eggplant seedlings does not require much effort. Sprouts need only be watered in time, examined for the presence of disease and sometimes fed. If it is correct to calculate when to plant eggplants for seedlings, it will grow in time and be completely ready to be transplanted to the site by the appointed time.