One of the well-known, popular varieties of plums is Honey White, sometimes it is called Honey Yellow. This is a very sweet yellow plum with a rich aroma. It is grown for sale or for their own needs. The variety is distinguished by simple tree care, good yields and beautiful commercial quality fruits. More information about the variety can be found in this article.
Description of a grade of plum Honey
Honey White Plum is an early variety. The tree grows in height to 6-7 meters. Crohn is not thick, rare, so sunlight is evenly distributed, contributing to the maturation of the crop at one time. The variety has a great demand throughout Ukraine, in the central part of Russia.
The flesh is light yellow, very sweet, with a honey aftertaste
Fruits are oval or round. The rind is yellow, with a gray-white bloom, it is soft, eaten. Mass of cream 35-55 g. Stone of medium size, oval shape. The flesh is light yellow, very sweet, with a honey aftertaste. Taste is estimated by tasters at 4.5 points out of 5.
Characteristics of Plum HoneyRead also these articles.
- Vladimirskaya cherry
- Black spunbond
- Variety of onions Slizun
- Flower Asiatic Lily
In the care of the plum, Honey White is considered unpretentious, but what other characteristics does it have?
- The tree is quite large, occupies a lot of space on the site.
- The variety is frost resistant, not afraid of drought.
- The most common diseases are immunity.
- Commercial quality fruits, beautiful, fragrant, tasty.
- On the road, the fruits are not crumpled, they can be transported over long distances.
- The aroma of the variety is very pleasant, honey.
- The yield is moderate.
Productivity of plum Honey moderate
Features of growing
In order for the tree to produce large yields, it is necessary to choose the right place for planting. Plain terrain is usually chosen, with loam or sandy soil. The groundwater level should be no higher than 2 meters deep. It is also important to make sure that the place is sunny, because with a lack of light and heat, plums grow acidic.
Plum sapling Honey white for planting is chosen one-year or two-year. The bark should be without damage, signs of disease. The root system is well inspected before buying a sapling.Important! Plum Honey samobesplodna. To get a big harvest, it is necessary to plant near varieties such as Hungarian Early Donetsk or Renklod Karbysheva.
Planted Honey White plum in the middle of spring or early September. 1-4 weeks before planting, as far as time permits, it is necessary to dig a hole. The approximate dimensions are 60x60x70 cm. If several seedlings are planted at once, the distance between them should be 5-6 meters. Land for planting is made of 5 kg of compost (can be replaced by humus), 200 g of superphosphate and 60 g of wood ash. All this needs to be mixed with simple garden soil.
Planted Honey White plum in mid-spring or early September
The day before planting, the shoots and roots of the tree are shortened by 3-5 cm. It is also necessary to remove all the leaves and soak the roots in the Vimpel growth stimulator solution. On the day of planting, a bucket of water is poured into the pit, then a peg is fixed there for the garter. When everything is ready, you can make a hill in a pit of fertile soil, put a seedling on it and drop it on all sides. After filling the pit, you need to compact the ground with your hands, tie the tree to a peg and thoroughly water the ground.
Honey Plum CareWe recommend reading our other articles.
- Chinese cabbage
- Cabbage variety Sugar Loaf
- The best varieties of basil with a description
- Peach Variety Golden Anniversary
In the first 2 years after planting the seedling, it is important to pay special attention to the tree, because it is still small and can easily get sick or start to grow incorrectly. The most frequent problems arise from the fact that there are a lot of weeds in the near-circle wheel, which have fallen leaves. This is a convenient habitat for pests, diseases, in addition, weeds draw moisture, nutrients from the ground and can even lead to deformation of some young plum roots. So it is important to keep the barrel close to clean! For the rest, standard care is maintained throughout the life of the plant.
- Watering in the first 3 years of cultivation is carried out once a week in the amount of 15-18 l / tree. From the fourth year they can be carried out once every 2-3 weeks, but already in the amount of 30-35 l / tree. If summer is rainy, watering is reduced, less water is needed in early spring, after the snow melts. But in the fall you can stop watering the tree altogether, because natural precipitation will suffice.
- To reduce weeds, it is less important to mulch the tree trunk. To do this, use straw, sawdust or decorative mulch. For the winter, you can take the humus. In the summer, the layer of mulch should be up to 15 cm thick, and in the winter about 30 cm.
- Feeding is carried out from 3 years after planting. In the spring, urea is applied at the rate of 5 tablespoons per 30 liters of water. In the summer under each tree is to make nitrofosku (8 tablespoons per 25 liters of water). And after fruiting, the tree is fed with superphosphate and potassium sulfate. Each substance take 20 g and diluted in 30 liters of water. Organic is applied every 3 years for digging. It is best to take compost or humus for this and bring it in late autumn.
For Plum Honey Yellow, the most dangerous pest is aphid.
- Crop in the first 3-5 years is more forming. But also from the very first year of planting it is important to do sanitary pruning. If there are damaged pagons, diseased, broken branches, they should be removed. After pruning, treatment of cutting places with garden pitch is carried out in order to exclude infection of trees.
- Honey Yellow plum can suffer from such diseases as perforated spotting, fruit rot, rust. They attack a tree in years when it is weakened or loaded with a crop. To cope with such problems, spraying with 1% solution of copper oxychloride is carried out; you can use some good fungicides like Topaz, Poliram, Titan.
- For Plum Honey Yellow, the most dangerous pests are aphid, plum moth and plum sawfly. To cope with them, you need to remove the most affected areas and burn. Then the tree is sprayed with insecticides like Karbofos, Chlorofos. The radical area is cleared of foliage, weeds, it is important to spray these insecticides near the tree too, so that the pests do not settle there.
For the winter, the White Honey plum is best whitened, to warm the basal zone with mulch, and in the server areas also to shelter the trunk from severe frosts.
Harvesting and storage
Honey White plum is suitable for all types of blanks
During the season, up to 35 kg of fruit can be harvested from one tree. The harvest of Honey White plum ripens approximately from mid-July to the first days of August. Gather it early in the morning or in the evening. First, remove the lower cream and gradually move to the upper. You can collect from a tree or from a ladder, as it is convenient, some gardeners use special tools for this to facilitate the work. The harvest is stored for 2 months at a temperature of + 1 ... +3 degrees and humidity around 85-90%.It is important! It is not recommended to knock down or shake the plums from the tree, because they can be beaten and this will reduce their commercial and storage quality.
Plums universal use. They can be eaten fresh, frozen or canned. They make delicious sauces, jams, compotes, juice. You can close them whole in jars or halves, in their own juice. Honey plum is also suitable for the preparation of desserts, baking. During cooking, it only partially loses its taste, but retains its flavor completely.
Reviews on a grade of plum Honey
Honey White plum has almost no flaws, but when it is grown, gardeners point out some problems.
- Maxim Oleinik: "Good plum. It responds well to quality care. If you cut it in time, feed it, the harvest will be big. Every year we remove 25-30 kg from our trees. For canning there is enough and just for food, they are very good, sweet. The color of the skin is beautiful , yellow, but because of the plaque look white. "
- Elena Zhuk: “When we decided to plant a plum, the choice fell on Honey. It seemed to us the sweetest. The first 3 years didn't hurt anything, then there were spots on the leaves. I didn't know what it was, but after spraying with fungicides 3 times, they disappeared. The productivity of plums is high, in any case, for personal needs, so we recommend. "
- Dmitry Zhurba: “Several years ago I grew this plum, but then I had to replace it with other varieties. It is certainly sweet, transportable, but the yield is low. It was not enough for sale, namely, it was grown for it. Besides, the caterpillars like the variety, they often have to be sprayed ".