Large plums are not only convenient to collect, but also to process. On the shelves, they attract attention, quickly sold out. But in order to receive large fruits, it is important to choose the right variety for planting. This article presents the best large varieties of plums with a description.
Blue large plum varieties
Blue plums may seem typical, simple, but there are lots of interesting varieties with a unique taste. There are some plums that have large fruits that are easy to process.
Blue large plum varieties
- "Giant" - Late type of early plum. The crop ripens by the second half of September. Cream grow large, within 100 g. The peel is dark blue with a bluish bloom, which is washed off with a light touch. The taste is sweet and sour. The "giant" is distinguished by transportability, immunity to fungal diseases and winter hardiness.
- "Anniversary" - This is a Swedish plum variety. Ripens from mid-August. Fruiting occurs at 3 years after planting. Cream grows at 50-70 g, color blue with a pronounced bloom. The taste is sweet and sour. Bone big. Differs in frost resistance, good immunity and productivity.
- "Vision" - drain of the Canadian selection. Differs late flowering. Maturation has been observed since mid-September. The tree is medium in height, with a wide, not very thick crown. The fruits are large, weighing about 50 g, elongated. The peel is dark blue with a dense patina of blue. The flesh is yellow, fibrous type, with a high content of juice. The bone is detachable. The variety is winter hardy, resistant to scar.
The best black varieties of large plumsRead also these articles.
- Raspberry variety orange miracle
- Candy for bees
- How to feed turkey poults
- Flower Ryabchik Imperial
This category includes plums with dark purple skin. From the side, the fruits really look like black, but because of the bloom they can give a blue or red shade.
The best black varieties of large plums
- "Top Hit" - late variety, created by German breeders. Harvest can be collected closer to October. The fruits are very large, weighing 70-100 g. The peel is almost black, with a purple tint. The raid is not tight, gray. Differs in tasty pulp, annual fructification, frost resistance, transportability. Suitable for home and industrial cultivation.
- "Empress" grows up to 4 meters. The tree bears fruit from 4-5 years of life. Harvest ready for harvest by the end of September. 20 kg of juicy fruits are harvested from one tree per season. They have a dark purple skin, they weigh 50 grams. The flesh is always yellow, fibrous. Used for winter preparations, cooking desserts.
- "Valor" - late plum variety. Maturation occurs in the last days of summer. The tree is average in height with a domed crown. Cream grows at 50-60 g, similar to a wide oval. The peel is dark purple with a slight touch. The side seam is noticeable. Drupe leaves without problems. The flesh is greenish, it can darken in the open air. The taste is good. There is immunity to sharq, resistance to severe frosts.
Red large plum varieties
Large varieties of plums with red fruits come across not often and this is their uniqueness. They are used, like other types of food and processing.
Red large plum varieties
- "Burbank giant" grows up to 5 meters. In fact, it is a hybrid of cherry plum and plum. Productivity from a tree to 30 kg. Large plums of this variety, often weigh about 200 g. The rind is dense, saturated red, can be burgundy, thin. The cream form is oval, rounded. Frost resistance to -40 degrees. The tree is also resistant to heat.
- "Chinese" - the variety is medium early; fruits ripen closer to the second half of September. Fruits weighing about 70 g. The peel is red. The flesh is tender and very juicy. The tree has good immunity to diseases, rarely affected by pests. Differs in high winter hardiness.
- Blue Sweet - is a unique colonic variety of plum. Harvest gives in the second year after planting. The maximum period of fruiting is 20 years, then the tree is replaced. The crop ripens directly on the trunk of the tree. Fruits grow large, weighing 80-100 g. The color is red-lilac. Oval shape. The peel is dense with a pronounced, almost indelible bloom. The pulp is pinkish, high in juice, sweet and sour.
Yellow large-fruited plumsWe recommend reading our other articles.
- Drip irrigation system
- The best varieties of early cabbage
- Tomato variety Miracle of the Earth
- Breed description Manchurian quail
Yellow and white large varieties of plums have an attractive appearance. They are often used for winter preparations, making sauces, juice. Depending on the variety, the taste may be sweet or sour, with large or small fruits. Below are the yellow and white varieties of plums with large fruits.
Yellow large-fruited plums
- "Honey" - a variety of Ukrainian selection, giving large plums. The tree grows up to 5 meters, it needs regular shaping. Foliage is thick, rich green color. The fruits are very sweet, with a honey aftertaste. In shape, they are almost round, weighing 40-60 g. The rind is bright yellow, dense. The flesh is also yellow, dense, does not fall apart. The variety is suitable for transportation, tolerates frost and drought.
- "Peach" - This is a famous plum variety. The tree is average in height with a very dense crown. Fruits reach 40-70 g. Plums are beautiful, the main color is yellow, but there is also a red blush that can cover two thirds of the fruit. Recommended for cultivation in the southern regions, because the winter endures with difficulty. But this variety has a persistent immunity.
- Golden Ball grows up to 4 meters. Crop ripening occurs at the beginning of August. Fruits have a bright yellow color. Weight to 60 g. Taste is sweet. Up to 30 kg of crop suitable for sale or processing is collected from one tree. The main problems of the variety include shedding and self-infertility.
- "Yellow afaska" - This is a Bulgarian variety of plums, which gives a harvest already from 2-3 years of life. Cream grows in weight of 50-70 g. The peel is rich yellow. The taste is sweet, usually without acid. After collecting the fruits, it is advisable to immediately recycle, because they quickly deteriorate. The advantages also include winter hardiness and immunity.
Choosing a plum variety, you should pay attention to the size of the fruits that will ripen on it. Large plums simplify the processing of the crop, they are pleasant to eat. However, such plums can be demanding to care, so it is worthwhile to carefully study their features, so that the tree in the future brings more benefits than problems.