Early varieties of plums have a rich aroma, sweet taste of fruits. Their flesh is very tender, so most often they are consumed fresh. For canning, making juices, mashed potatoes, they are also suitable, but after processing they may not have such a bright taste. Early plum varieties vary in yield, tree type, cold resistance and other indicators. Below are the best types of plums of early ripening, suitable for growing in small areas and in large gardens.
The best varieties of early plums
The best varieties among the early plums are represented only by those species that are distinguished by large fruits, frost resistance and rich, sweet taste.
- "Hermann" ripens in early July. The tree is not very tall. Pagons of normal shape, are densely in the form of a ball. Large cream, 45 g, like a wide oval. The peel is blue-violet with a thick wax coating. The pulp is juicy, sugar, dense. The taste is excellent, estimated at 4.8 points. Frost resistance is good.
- "Favorite Mlieva" - self-infertile type of plum. The tree is average in height with a spherical crown, which does not take up much space. Plums are very large, capable of weighing up to 80 g, oval with a clear seam. The rind is yellow. The flesh is divided into fibers, rich sugar, sweet, drupe well moving away. The aroma is rich, pleasant. After ripening, the fruits do not crumble, the immunity of the variety is excellent. Disadvantages: may be subject to pest invasion.
The best varieties of early plumsInteresting! Home-grown plums can grow up to 15 meters high! And their average life expectancy is 25 years.
- "Chachak early" - Yugoslav breeding variety. Fruits are usable from the end of July or from the first days of August. The tree grows medium in height, the crown is pyramidal. Description of a variety distinguishes it not only as skoroplodny, but also as a partially self-fruiting type. Fruits grow in 40-60 g, ovoid. The rind is lilac with a pink side. Prune bloom. The flesh is light yellow, sugar, juicy, is estimated at 5 points out of 5. The bark is separated without problems. There is immunity to many diseases. Winter hardiness up to -35 degrees.
- "Zarechnaya early" it is distinguished by the fact that its tree is compact, with an extended crown, has been bearing fruit since 3 years. Cream ripens in late July. Fruits are large, weighing 35-50 g on average. The peel is not very strong, dark purple color, covered with a dense wax coating. There is a seam between the halves. The flesh is dark yellow, the drupe is removed without problems. The taste is juicy, sugar.
- "Start" - very early view. Gives a harvest from 2-3 years. Fruits weighing 60 g, bright purple color. Shape in the form of a ball. The flesh is red, with an abundance of juice. Drupe leaves without problems. The taste is sugar, although sourness is present.
- "Candy Peel" - undersized variety. The tree grows up to 2.5 meters. Ripening is early, already at the end of July. Fruits grow weighing 40-50 g. The rind is maroon, the flesh is yellow. Productivity from a tree to 25 kg. Tastes are not bad, the flesh is delicate, the peel gives a caramel flavor. Disadvantages: very poorly transported, stored for a long time.
Early varieties of early plumsRead also these articles.
- Peach Redhaven
- Breed of chickens Hisex White
- How to store dahlias in winter
- Tomato variety Lady fingers
Early varieties of early plums
For the sale of fruits are usually chosen the most productive early varieties of plums. This is the only way to benefit from their cultivation and sale. And if the crop is still ripening early, then the profit will be significantly higher. What early varieties of plums give abundant, high-quality yields?
- "Skoroplodna" - Chinese plum with high yield. The tree grows to about 2 meters. The cream is round, weighing within 30 g. The peel is from bright yellow to orange. The yield per season - 35 kg / tree. Frost resistance to -30 degrees. Disadvantages: needs pollinators, drupe badly moving away from the pulp.
- "Kabardian Early" plum grows to 6 meters. The first harvest falls on the 4-5 year of tree growth. Crohn thickened, in the form of a pyramid, needs regular pruning. Fruits of about 40-45 g, almost like balls. The skin is maroon-purple, tough. The flesh is yellow, with a pronounced aroma. Fruits are transportable. Productivity is 50-120 kg / tree. Disadvantages: samobesplodnaya, plums are not long, cold tolerates poorly.
- "Eurasia 21" - This is a tall tree with a wide, branched crown. The first fruiting comes on 5 year growth. Fruits in the shape of a ball, weighing about 30-35 g. Burgundy rind with a pronounced bloom. The flesh is dark yellow with an abundance of juice. Drupe leaves with difficulty. Fruits are universal. Productivity - 50-100 kg / tree. Disadvantages: frost resistance only up to -20 degrees, regular pruning is necessary.
Early varieties of Chinese plum
Early varieties of Chinese plum
Chinese plum grows low. During flowering, it is literally covered with delicate flowers, which is an amazing sight. But, despite the abundant flowering, the yield may be low if the flowering is early. Buds just freeze out, not having time to pollinate. Nevertheless, Chinese plum varieties are loved and grown around the world for the sweetness of fruits and simple care. A description of the best Chinese plum, with early ripening, is outlined below.
- "Alenushka" - self-infertile form. It grows up to 2 meters. Cream weighing 30-35 g, but can reach 50 g. Lilac peel with burgundy tint. The taste is sweet-sour, slightly reminiscent of a peach. Drupe is small and goes away without problems. Productivity reaches 20 kg / tree. Frost resistance to -30 degrees. Disadvantages: often affected by aphids.
- "Red Ball" - the most sought-after variety in the Moscow region. The tree grows up to 2.5 meters. Fruiting is observed from 2 years of growth. Cream grows up to 45 g, maroon skin. The taste is sugar, not sour. Productivity from a tree - 18 kg. Frost resistance is high. Even with strong frosts (about -35 degrees) the roots and pagons are not damaged. Disadvantages: with frequent precipitations, rot develops; the drupe does not move well.
- "Khabarovsk Early" - self-infertile plum variety. The tree grows to 4,2 m. The krone is elongated and roundish. Flowering occurs in the last days of May. Flowers are small, cover pagons with bunches. Fruiting comes from 2-3 years. The yield of an adult tree is 30-40 kg. Fruits weighing up to 35 g, in the form of a wide oval. The peel is uneven, with a visible seam. Color - green and yellow with a blush. The flesh is yellow-green with white veins. The taste is juicy, sugar with a barely noticeable sour. The variety is winter hardy, the crop can be used for food or preservation. Disadvantages: plums spoil after collecting for a few days, splitting on the branches.
Reviews of early varieties of plumsWe recommend reading our other articles.
- How to prune apricot in spring
- The best early potato varieties
- How to feed onions?
- Coleus - varieties, care, breeding
Each gardener has his favorite early plum varieties for one reason or another. The choice of the favorite is influenced by the purpose for which the plum is grown and where.
- Denis Boyko: “I have been cultivating plums for more than 10 years. Fruits go for sale, as well as young trees. Chachak early is my favorite variety. Plum not only grows large, but also gives great yields, and this plays a key role in my business. The price for a variety of fruits is considerable and even in August, when the market is littered with all sorts of fruits, "Chachak" plum is always in great demand. "
- Tamara Gurko: “For my family, there is no better variety of plums than Eurasia. We have been growing in the garden for more than 7 years. The variety is excellent, does not require special care, the yields are stable. The taste is especially impressive. It is sweet, without tartness, sourness is barely noticeable. And the flavor is what! The harvest is stored after harvesting for quite a long time, so for those who sell plums this is also an undoubted bonus. We let our harvest on compotes, jam and just eat fresh. "
Lyudmila Kamysh: "Alyonushka variety plum tried at the neighbor It requires a lot of attention, just watering and feeding. It blooms for a long time, it's beautiful, almost not ill, so I can recommend to anyone for whom yield is not the most important indicator. "