Garlic can be found on almost any summer cottage. Culture belongs to the onion family, has a sharp taste and is considered one of the best natural antiseptics and antibiotics. Gribovsky winter garlic is one of the most common varieties. It is easy to grow and can be stored for a long time. Description of the variety and methods of cultivation are presented in this article.
Description garlic varieties Gribovsky
The variety of garlic Gribovsky belongs to the well-known winter species. The ripening period is 80-125 days - depending on the climate and variety. During the growth necessarily releases the arrow, which sometimes grows to a meter. The inflorescence is a dense green umbrella with an abundance of small bulbs. The leaves are 15-40 cm long and up to 2.5 cm wide. In total, about 10 leaves grow on a plant per season.Important! The positive qualities of garlic Gribovsky include resistance to bacterial and fungal diseases, resistance to low temperatures and drought.
Each head may have 5–12 teeth of medium size.
The shape of the bulb is rounded oblate. Husk dry on top, slightly yellowish with purple or purple veins. The heads have a weight of 30 to 60 g, there are champions, under 100 g. Each head can have 5-12 teeth of medium size. The taste is always spicy. Use this garlic to grow mostly in cooking, as well as in folk medicine, cosmetology.
Varieties of Gribovsky garlicRead also these articles.
- Ovstuzhenka Sweet Cherry Variety
- Animal silo
- Raspberry variety Glen Coe
- Clematis Multi Blue
There are several varieties of garlic varieties Gribovsky. They are very similar, although they have unique qualities.
- Gribovsky Jubilee - winter arrow variety. Ripens in 100-105 days. The head is of medium size with red-lilac scales, contains about 6 teeth. It has good immunity and can be stored for a long time. The taste is very sharp. Productivity from a square of landings approximately 2 kg.
- Gribovsky 80 - Archery, winter variety. Easily adapts to any weather conditions, so the growing area is quite wide. Lezhkost is average, but with proper conditions it is stored a lot. The head contains up to 11 teeth. The taste is very rich.
- Gribovsky 60 - this is a fruitful, arrowhead subspecies of Gribovsky. It has a high resistance to cold snaps and even small frosts, it is not afraid of drought. The head has a medium size (40-60 g). Zubkov from 5 to 12 pieces. Immunity is not bad. Can be stored for a long time after collection. The taste is spicy.
Planting garlic Gribovsky
Planting garlic Gribovsky
Gribovsky winter garlic is grown with usually single-edged bulbs. Only well-drained, moist soil is removed under this culture. The place is suitable sunny. Garlic grows well after cabbage, cucumbers and legumes. It can also be planted in the aisle of strawberries.
Landing is carried out in late autumn, right before the autumn frosts. Before landing the head is divided into teeth. The land is loosened in advance, leveled. Put teeth in the furrow depth of 2-3 cm. Between plants should be at least 10 cm of free space. Between the rows leave 15-20 cm of free space. During the landing, it is worthwhile to make sure that the upper part of the prong, where the shoot escapes, looks up, not down.Important! Garlic tines should be simply placed in the furrows. If you force them into the ground, the growth of the root system will slow down.
After landing, when the grooves with teeth are already covered with earth, the rows between rows mulch, so that the earth is saturated with oxygen, useful substances, and the moisture is less weathered. You can also mulch the rows with garlic, but only if the winters are snowless in the region, otherwise there will be a risk of earlier spitting, and this threatens to freeze plantings. Before the appearance of the first shoots in the spring, plantings do not touch at all.
Care cultureWe recommend reading our other articles.
- Raspberry variety Glen Ampl
- Eggplant seedling pick
- Tomato Variety Golden Heart
- Carrot variety Imperator
When the stems and leaves begin to turn yellow, you can begin to harvest
As in the case of any other vegetable crop, Gribovsky garlic requires attentive care throughout the growth.
- Watering is carried out about once a week. But this figure may vary depending on the weather, type of soil, as well as the state of the beds. It is known that the more weeds, the more often you need to carry out watering! Approximately 3 weeks before picking garlic, watering is stopped completely.
- To loosen the ground must also necessarily once a week. This is done so that the head can develop properly. Carry out the procedure a day after irrigation, when all the water is well absorbed into the ground. During this procedure, it is advisable to get rid of weeds. They are uprooted and burned.
- Garlic dressing Gribovsky is recommended primarily in early spring, so that the culture quickly grows and grows feathers. Used for this nitrogen minerals. At the end of the spring and summer feeding is carried out only when necessary. Phosphoric, nitrogenous minerals and chicken manure are considered good for culture.
- Around June, when the arrow has already grown by 10-15 cm, it is necessary to cut it. In this case, the plant will send power to the development of the head, rather than arrows with bulbs. To obtain planting material usually leave a few arrows.
If the care was correct, the gardener will get a rich harvest with large heads of garlic. It will have a good, full-bodied taste, pleasant aroma and can be stored for several months.
Harvesting and storage
You can store garlic by different methods.
When the stems and leaves of the crop begin to turn yellow, and then fall down, you can begin to harvest the garlic Gribovsky. The heads are dug carefully, with forks and left to lie in the sun to dry and ripen.Important! Harvesting garlic is possible only in sunny weather when the ground is not wet. If the heads are dug up after or during the rain, they will be poorly stored.
Before storing the garlic, cut the tops of garlic, dry it well from a few days to weeks and sort it out. It is important to sort the heads by size and quality. The largest, smallest and damaged go to the food in the first place, and those that are whole, medium size, can be removed away, they lie the longest. Garlic can be stored in different ways. Most often, they are folded into nets and hung in a cool, dark place where there is no damp or drafts.
Garlic Reviews Gribovsky
Opinion of gardeners on a grade of garlic Gribovsky usually positive. Rarely complain about it, and this is not surprising, because the variety is considered one of the best!
- Marina Sorokina: “I plant garlic on my site annually. I like to experiment with new varieties, but I always plant at least a couple of long rows of Gribovsky Yubileiny varieties for insurance. This garlic grows well, develops quickly and if properly maintained, gives a decent crop."
- Stepan Pavlov: "Winter garlic Gribovsky 60 is good for any dishes. It is of course very spicy, but useful. In terms of cultivation, there is only one problem - the heads sometimes grow very small. What is the reason is incomprehensible - the soil is loose, there are no weeds. But, the benefit of such specimens rarely come across. "
- Valeria Ivanova: "Gribovsky garlic was grown not only at the dacha, but even at home, in a pot. It is not very simple, but the experience was interesting. The variety grows well, responds to top dressing. It tastes more than a worthy rival to many other varieties. put not a lot (due to sharpness). It is stored without problems, the main thing is to provide normal ventilation only in the cellar, otherwise it starts to rot. "