Mineral fertilizers are designed for annual fertilizing plants during their growing season. And in order to improve the fertility of the soil is usually used organic fertilizer. Manure - the most famous and common organic fertilizer that is used to fertilize the land for garden and horticultural crops. But in order for it to have a significant effect, you need to know when to apply manure - in the fall or spring, and how to do it correctly.
Manure as fertilizer
Manure can be of different species, depending on the animals from which it is received.
- Pork manure. It is rarely used because there are a lot of parasites in it, which negatively affects both the development of plants and the crop itself. Yes, and it is not safe for a person to deal with such a product!
- Horse dung. The most effective, but it is expensive, and it is not always possible to get it. It has a rich chemical composition and is suitable for use both in open ground and in greenhouses.
- The avian species is most concentrated and has a fast action. Therefore, it is always taken in very small quantities. It is used not only to enrich the soil, but also to fertilize crops during the growing season.
- Cow dung This is the most popular type. It is widespread, affordable and great for increasing soil fertility.
Preparation of manure for the garden
- Sheep manure has a rich composition, but it is even harder to get it than horse manure! The main problem is the abundance of nitrogen in the composition; therefore, it is introduced into the ground in low concentrations. Often used as a biological method of heating greenhouses.
- Rabbit manure has a lot of ammonia and methane. It is used in small quantities. In such a product may be pests.
The concentration of certain substances in different types of manure is different. Below is the approximate amount of nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium in different types of this fertilizer.
|Type of manure||Potassium g / kg||Phosphorus g / kg||Nitrogen g / kg|
Is it possible to apply manure to the soilRead also these articles.
- Raspberry Grade Golden Domes
- How to deal with ring rot of potatoes
- The best early varieties of cherries with a description and photo
- Pig Premixes
Manure is a strong, concentrated fertilizer that is dangerous to plants when fresh, but what about the land? Can I apply fresh manure to the soil? Not only possible, but necessary! But this is usually done either before planting (several weeks or even a month) or in the fall, when the harvest has been gathered and the land is free from garden crops.
For land and crops, fresh manure as a fertilizer has several advantages over many other feedings.
- It has a long period of action.
- Does not contain artificial or harmful, chemical components.
- It has a rich, multi-component composition.
- Improves the structure of the earth.
- It can be used in the fall or spring, as it is convenient gardener.
- It nourishes the root system of crops with carbon dioxide.
- It is quite affordable fertilizer (in any case, some of its types).
- In application universally.
But it should be noted that there are a number of shortcomings, due to which many gardeners are wary of using it in their summer cottages.
- If you add too much manure, the fertilizer will burn the root system of the crop.
Manure application to the beds
- Regular application of manure can change the acidity of the soil.
- High-quality fertilizer from manure should not be fresh, but rotted, and it takes a lot of time.
- Weed seeds are often found in fresh manure. So after using it, the plot often has to be cleared of weeds for a long time.
But, despite all these shortcomings, manure has been and remains one of the most popular types of organic fertilizer for the garden and garden. It is used to feed a wide variety of crop types and, of course, to increase the fertility of the soil.
When is it best to make manure in the fall or spring
Manure is a very useful, nutrient fertilizer for the soil, but it must be applied correctly! The fact is that an abundance of nutrients can lead to the death of cultivated plants. So it is not surprising that gardeners are wondering when to make manure in the fall or spring?
Experts note that if the land in the area is sandy or sandy, then it is better to add manure in the spring to the soil. The reason is that from light soil useful substances are washed out very quickly by rains, irrigations, and in this case soil aeration is much more significant than in the case of heavy earth. So it is inexpedient to bring manure into light soil in the fall - by spring most of the nutrients will be washed with melted snow.Important! Organic elements in the composition of manure are an important component in the formation of humus, which is known to be very useful.
In the heavy soil manure always make it in the fall! During the winter, he manages to perepret, saturate the land and at the same time become not dangerous for crops. In such a land, you can safely plant any crops and sow seeds, they will grow rapidly. Moreover, it is believed that in order to improve soil fertility in the years ahead, it is necessary to bring manure into the ground in the fall!
Application of liquid manure to the fields
How to make fresh manure to the groundWe recommend reading our other articles.
- Kuban grape variety
- Flour, its species and varieties
- Black Currant Exotica - variety description
- White Swan Peach
Manure is not as easy as it may seem. In order not to harm the plants or the ground, you need to follow certain rules.
- Fresh manure can be applied to the soil only in the autumn, because during its initial decomposition a lot of heat and gases are emitted, which can be harmful to the root system of crops. In spring and summer you can only make diluted slurry, humus, infusions prepared on the basis of manure.
- Depending on the type of manure, its concentration in the soil or under the plants can vary greatly!
- As a feed for cultivated plants, rotted manure is always used. In it, chemicals are in a simple form and therefore are absorbed faster.
- During the introduction of manure into the ground it is necessary to ensure that it does not fall on the leaves, stems, shoots of plants, because this will lead to their death.
- Manure is always made only by digging. As a feed can be used infusion, humus and other solutions, but not fresh manure. This substance is intended more to improve the quality of the soil, its fertility, so it is necessary to bring it separately, before the crops are planted or when they have already been harvested.
- The depth of seeding depends on the type of soil. On the sandy ground, digging is done on the whole spade bayonet (20 cm), and on heavy - about 12 cm.
When is it better to put manure under trees
You can fertilize trees with manure both in spring and in autumn. In the spring, trees need a lot of nitrogen, so an infusion is made. Fresh fertilizer is poured with water in a ratio of 1: 3, then the mixture is infused for about 14 days. From time to time the infusion needs to be stirred. To make the working composition you need to dilute the resulting infusion with water in a ratio of 1:10. If not cow, but bird droppings are used, then it is necessary to breed 1:15.
In the fall, manure is introduced into the ground fresh. A ditch is dug around the tree, fertilizer is poured and buried. Such organic fertilizer will feed the tree for 2-3 years!
Manure for shrubs and flowers
Manure for shrubs and flowers
Berry bushes without dressings give poor yields. In the spring they can be fed with minerals, but in the fall they make manure and other organic matter. But it is desirable to alternate between years mineral and organic fertilizers, because putting them together under the shrubs is not recommended.
Manure is brought not under the bush itself, but into a groove dug around the perimeter of the shrub. It is also possible to make ditches between rows, if the bushes are not solitary. After making the manure, the ditches are buried or the land is simply dug up along with the manure. Under each fruit bush make 1 to 3 manure buckets. The concentration depends on the age of the plant and the type of soil.Important! Peonies and dahlias are recommended to feed manure in the fall. A kilogram of horse or cow fertilizer is taken for 10 liters of water. A day later, the infusion is diluted 1: 2 with water and used for watering.
Is it possible to make manure for flowers? Flowers, flower bushes also need fertilizing with manure! In this case, it is usually chosen horse or cow type fertilizer. Manure can be used as mulch or liquid spring-summer feeding. The mullein is usually diluted 1: 4 with water and insisted for 4 days, and then 1:15 is diluted again with water.
As you can see manure in the garden is an indispensable tool, but you need to be able to use it in order not to harm the land and crops. Understanding the types of this fertilizer, their characteristics can be provided with a family for the years to come. After all, it has a long-lasting effect, and manure can be applied practically throughout the whole year, albeit in different forms.