Hybrid eggplant Clorinda F1 - is one of the best for growing in temperate regions. Plants are resistant, high yield and fast growth. Eggplant Clorinda F1 has excellent taste and is used to prepare a variety of dishes. Below is a detailed description of the type and features of its cultivation.
Description of the variety Eggplant Clorinda F1
Clorinda Eggplant F1 refers to medium early hybrids. The first fruits can be tasted already 66-68 days after planting. Bush vigorous, reaches a height of one meter. Moreover, it is compact, does not take up much space. Internodes are short. The leaves are medium in size and rich green in color. On the cup there are rare spikes.
Fruits are oval in shape, up to 25 cm long. Weight can reach 1.5 kg, but more often they collect fruits weighing 300-500 g. The skin is dark purple. The flesh is white, dense, practically without seeds. Long does not darken after cutting. The taste is 4.5 out of 5 tasting points, the bitterness is almost not felt.
The peel is dark purple. The flesh is white, dense, practically seedless.
Characteristics of the Clorinda F1Read also these articles.
- The best early tomato varieties with a description and photo
- Grape variety Augustine
- Long-awaited grape variety
- Zucchini Cavili F1 - variety description, cultivation and care
Among the wide variety of varieties and hybrids, gardeners often distinguish exactly Clorinda F1 eggplant. The reason for this are the characteristics of the species.
- The hybrid has the extended fruiting.
- Productivity is high. From a square of landings 5,8 kg of fruits gather on average.
- Fruits grow about the same size and look very similar. So this hybrid is often grown for sale.
- The taste of the fruit is excellent, suitable for different types of treatments.
- The hybrid has a strong immunity, including resistance to tobacco mosaic virus.
- Culture is not afraid of short-term cold snaps and can grow in a cool climate.
Seeds for seedlings sown at the end of February or in March
Growing Clorinda Eggplant F1
Grow up hybrid Eggplant Clorinda F1 in greenhouses and in open ground. You can use the trellis for convenience, or simply tie the highest and most productive bushes to individual pegs. Clorinda F1 eggplants are almost never grown. To get an early harvest you need to use seedlings.
Seeds for seedlings sown at the end of February or in March. It is recommended to sow in a substrate of compost, turf, sand and peat, but you can use the soil for seedlings. Seeds germinate at a temperature of +25 degrees. In developed, ready for planting seedlings, should be 6-7 leaves.Important! Eggplants grow best in sandy soil.
The place for landing is selected windless, sunny (it can be partially darkened). To get a good harvest you need to fertilize the land before planting. 3-6 kg of compost are added to the square (depending on the type and condition of the soil) and 2 cups of ash, and then the soil is dug up and leveled.
Planting seedlings in the wells, located at a distance of 30 cm from each other. Before planting, the wells are filled with water, and when it is absorbed, you can plant seedlings. Sprouts lay in the pits, sprinkled with earth and tamped with her hand. For the next 5 days, the plants do not touch or water, so that they take root, take root.
Grow a hybrid Eggplant Clorinda F1 in greenhouses and in the open field
Subtleties of careWe recommend reading our other articles.
- The better to feed the goslings from birth
- When to plant tulips in the fall?
- Bordeaux mixture
- Growing onions on a feather
Clorinda F1 Eggplants need regular grooming.
- Watering can be done in the early morning, until the sun fully rises or in the evening, after it sets below the horizon. For irrigation use warm, separated water.
- Every week, after irrigation, when the water is absorbed into the ground, it is necessary to loosen the rows and under the bushes. Do this carefully so as not to damage the root system. But hilling in this case is not needed.
- Eggplant grows only with sufficient dressings, so you need to fertilize the planting every 2 weeks. Complex mineral fertilizers diluted with water are used. Per 10 liters of water usually requires 30 grams of the drug, although depending on the type of fertilizer and brand, the proportions may vary, so you should carefully study the instructions.
- The first bud appeared on the plant is always torn down. And after the appearance of 6 ovaries, a growth point is pinned.
- Those plants that produce the most harvest should be tied up so that they will not break under the weight of the fruit.
Ripe fruit must be cut and used for food. Hybrid eggplant Clorinda F1 can be cooked, fry, simmer, bake. If the harvest is plentiful, you can store the fruits in the refrigerator for at least a week, or dry them, freeze, prepare winter preservation.
For growing Clorinda F1, you can use the trellis or simply tie
Pests and diseases
Strong immunity Clorinda F1 eggplant allows gardeners very rarely face problems such as diseases in the bushes. However, if the humidity is very high or the care is not of good quality, fungal diseases may appear. In this case, watering is stopped and the bushes are treated with Fitosporin, Zircon or the like.
Of the pests bushes most often affects aphids, slugs, spider mites or the Colorado potato beetle. Karofos, Keltan or systematic treatments with folk remedies like soap infusion or wood ash will help to cope with them. You just need to scatter the latter over the bushes - it will scare away insects.
Reviews of Clorinda Eggplant F1
Gardeners like the Clorinda F1 hybrid for high yields and taste, although with annual cultivation, sooner or later they have to face these or other problems.
- Alexander Vorontsov: "Clorinda F1 is an excellent sort of eggplant. It grows quickly, yields are high. But there are many in my area and, unfortunately, bushes are often affected. I usually struggle with folk remedies, because by the time they appear there are already small fruits. no complaints. "
- Stas Lobachev: “A good hybrid, I have been growing it for 2 years. There is no shortage of crops. The bushes are powerful, large, you have to make support beforehand, otherwise they fall. natural fence, and surely every bush, when it grows up, is tied to a peg in several places. So it’s easier for plants and it’s easier for me. "
- Maria False: “For sale, the Clorinda F1 is perfect. My family has been growing and selling eggplants for more than 15 years. This hybrid has recently been tried. spoil and sell very quickly. "