Rose Iceberg climbing is one of the most common varieties of roses. It is often used as a decorative hedge, to decorate arbors, flowerbeds in a mixborder. Flowers are usually not cut, and left to decorate the bush, although in cut form, they can stand no less than a week. It is grown mainly in Eastern Europe, USA, Canada and central Russia.
Climbing Rose Iceberg
Rosa Iceberg is also referred to as Schneevitchen. She was bred in 1958 in Germany. The variety was obtained by crossing a musky branchy rose and a hybrid tea rose. Rose climbing iceberg resistant to powdery mildew, black spot. It can withstand a significant increase in temperature, drought and in such difficult conditions continues to bloom.
Climbing roses grade Iceberg
The bush blossoms 2 times a year, but since the flowering is long, it can last up to 6 months a year under favorable conditions, namely from the beginning of summer until the end of autumn. The first time the bush can bloom in the first year after planting, but if the conditions are unfavorable, the flowering will be observed only from the second year. Cascade budding, abundant. Flowers open in groups and fade in groups.
Variety descriptionRead also these articles.
- Canned Beans
- Breed description Peking duck
- How to store pears
- Sow farrowing machine
Rose Iceberg is growing rapidly, the approximate height of 150 cm, strongly branchy. The crown is uniformly rounded. The life of the bush 20 years, then the root system dies off. Young pahons are light green, thin. They are numerous, but the old twigs usually leave not much on the bush. The leaves are large, the plate is shiny. The edges of the sheet are smooth or slightly jagged.
On the photo rose "Iceberg"Interesting! In hot summers or at high humidity, snow-white buds can become pinkish.
Flowers in diameter reach 6-7 cm. The shape of an unopened bud is elongated, the color is greenish, and a pink tint is possible. Opened bud has a white color. Flower semi-double with numerous yellow stamens. Buds are kept on the branches up to a week. They are collected in brushes of 3-15 pieces.
Planting roses varieties Iceberg
To get a beautiful, decorative rose bush climbing Iceberg, you need to properly plant and then provide the plant with normal care. Planting is carried out in partial shade. If planted in the sun, the leaves and petals of buds can get sunburn. Land for planting is taken fertile. It is desirable that the site was protected from the wind at least on one side.
Photo planting roses IcebergInteresting! Climbing roses are recommended to plant in the fall. So, they will be better hardened and will be able to give the first buds next year.
Land for planting is made from 1 part of humus, 1 part of sod land and 2 parts of sand. It does not hurt to add a little wood ash or mineral fertilizer to this soil mixture. Plant a rose iceberg in separate holes. The depth of the fossa should be 40-80 cm, depending on the size of the seedling. Drainage is laid at the bottom of the pits so that the water does not stagnate.
Suitable for planting cuttings or young bushes. They are carefully placed in the hole and covered with earth. After planting, the bushes are usually quickly accepted and grow. If several saplings are planted next to each other, then over time, the planting will need to be thinned out, because with thick planting the bush is sick more often, especially in a humid climate.
Plant CareWe recommend reading our other articles.
- Treating trees in spring
- How to make feed for rabbits
- Variety of plum Angelina
- Variety of cabbage Megaton F1
It is necessary to care for the Iceberg rose variety regularly so that the bush has a beautiful appearance and pleases with lush flowering.
- Bushes grow to about 150 cm in height. Experts recommend to let this rose trail along the natural fence, or form a bush up to 120 cm in height, so that it is convenient to care for it.
- Watering is carried out so that the earth does not dry out. If the summer is hot, it is necessary to water every day, early in the morning or after sunset.
- Rosa Iceberg is prone to fungal diseases. So that she is sick less often, it is necessary to process it for prophylaxis 2 times a year (spring and autumn). And if the summer was very rainy, it is necessary to conduct another flight treatment with antifungal drugs.
- In the spring and autumn is pruned bush. Dry twigs are usually harvested and those that get sick or grow incorrectly. After this procedure, the view of the plant should be well maintained, neat.
Care of a grade of a rose "Iceberg"Important! The main drawback of the variety is the barely perceptible scent of flowers. But despite this, this variety is the main among the class of climbing roses.
- Top dressing bring organically or mineral. Make them necessary at least 3 times per season, if you want to get good nutrition. But, in general, a climbing ice rose can grow with a minimum amount of dressings. Use for dressing complex minerals, fertilizers for flower crops or diluted chicken manure.
- Covering the bush for the winter is necessary in the first 3 years of growth. Then he becomes more enduring and calmly tolerates even severe frosts. Nonwoven fabric is used for covering, and the trunk circle is mulched with straw or bark.
Rose Iceberg Reviews
Rose Climber Iceberg in the world is considered one of the best representatives of the Climbing class. It can decorate any site, flower bed, fence, gazebo and so on. So it is not surprising that among flower growers she has so many admirers.
- Elena Volkova: “The variety is excellent. My rose has started branching on the fence. I don’t see any problems. It has been wintering for 5 years without shelter. It’s true that there is always a lot of snow in our region, maybe it helps her. But in any case, it’s a kind of rose that grows without problems , and therefore it deserves a place on a site! ".
- Maxim Novikov: "Rose Iceberg weaving pleases you with flowers throughout the warm season. Its snow-white flowers are hard not to notice. This is a very beautiful variety and it has long blooms, but there are also drawbacks. The wads are very thin and the flowers themselves are friable, so when the flower fades, the petals literally crumble at once. "
- Arina Rusakova: "Rose Iceberg is the sort of rose that I consider mandatory in my flower bed. I grow many different types of roses, but this one is always in the center of attention. It blooms for a long time, the buds are very beautiful, snow-white, it flows into any landscape. But I prune my beauty to a maximum, so that the bush would grow, rather than trailing heavily. It takes more than one hour to spend on high-quality pruning, but otherwise I didn’t find any problems with the variety. "