Sweet pepper refers to solanaceous crops. Among a wide variety of varieties stands out Ratunda pepper. This is a high-yielding variety, giving beautiful, tasty, sweet fruit. Description of the variety, its characteristics and methods of cultivation can be found in this article.
Ratunda pepper variety description
The flesh is sweet, fleshy with a taste of honey
Ratunda is a sort of pepper that is common in Ukraine, Moldova and some regions of Russia, because in these countries it is easy to grow because of the peculiarities of the soil and climate. For full maturity, this variety needs 125 days. Pepper varieties Ratunda grows a bush height of 40-70 cm (in greenhouses bushes are always higher than in the open field). Leaves of typical shape, green.Interesting! Ratunda pepper variety is characterized by a high content of vitamins and minerals, due to which it is so popular in horticulture and trade.
The fruits are round, lobed, a bit like a shape of a pumpkin. The color is deep red, but there are also instances of yellow and purple. The weight of one pepper can vary between 150-250 g. The normal thickness of the walls is 1 cm. The flesh is sweet, fleshy with a honey flavor. Internal partitions have an acrid taste without bitterness and are also used in food. The seeds inside the fruit are plentiful.
Characteristics of Ratunda pepperRead also these articles.
- Jam from apples for the winter
- Early melon varieties
- Pietrain breed pigs
- Drinkers for quails
With a square meter yield of 5-10 kg
Variety Ratunda pepper has both advantages and disadvantages, which should be aware of the gardener before purchasing seeds for planting.
- Cultivation in greenhouses of various types or in open ground is possible.
- Transportability is high. Pepper on the road does not crumple, does not deform due to the dense, elastic walls.
- Commercial quality fruits, beautiful, prominent.
- Harvest can be stored for a long time without changing the external or taste.
- This sweet pepper is very bad for drought, long heat and lack of light.
- The variety is high-yielding. On average, 5-6 fruits are removed from one plant per season. With a square meter receive a harvest of 5-10 kg (depending on the density of planting).
- The taste of fruit is sweetish. Sugar content more than 5%.
Growing Ratundu is easiest through seedlings
Growing Ratunda pepper varieties is easiest through seedlings. Around March, they begin to harvest it. Seeds are sown on a moist mixture of compost and garden soil sparse, so as not crowded. From above you need to tarnish the seeds with earth, sprinkle them from a spray bottle and cover with a film. For seed germination, a temperature of +21 degrees is maintained.
When the sprouts appear, the film is removed, and after the appearance of 2-4 leaves, you can dive sprouts in separate peat cups with a diameter of up to 8 cm.
After about 10-12 weeks, the seedlings are ready for the last transplant. In the greenhouse it is planted in May, but in the open ground - not earlier than mid-June. Transplantation is carried out in cloudy weather on a warm area (you can warm it up in advance).
The distance between the individual seedlings should be at least 45 cm, otherwise the plants will be crowded when they grow fully. Between the rows, a space of 70-100 cm is left. Seedlings are planted in separate wells, which can be fertilized with compost, ash, or humus mixed with soil to reduce concentration.
How to care for Ratunda sweet peppersWe recommend reading our other articles.
- When to plant squash for seedlings
- Variety of tomatoes Pink Elephant
- Horse maintenance
- Sow farrowing machine
Ratunda pepper is poured over in the evening, with warm water right under the root.
After planting the seedlings need to pour the pepper and leave for about a week to take root and root. During this period, only watering is complied with from the obligatory standards of care, because all other procedures can introduce plants into even greater stress and adversely affect the development of bushes. But when the plants take root, they provide full care.
- Ratunda pepper is poured over in the evening, with warm water right under the root. It is necessary to ensure that the earth does not dry out, but it should not be swampy. Usually, under each bush it takes up to 3 liters of water in one irrigation, but if the irrigation is frequent, you can water it with a liter of warm water, that will be enough.
- Pepper Ratunda grows up to 60 cm. It is not very high, but because of the severity of the fruits, they can bend to the ground and even break in strong winds, so the garter will not harm. The pegs are simply placed between the plants and the stems of grown bushes are tied to them.
- Weeding in the case of sweet pepper can harm, because its root system forms a whole network in the upper layers of the earth. But so that the earth does not dry out and does not take a crust, it is worth mulching it with straw or something similar.
- If for a long time the temperature outside does not fall below +35 degrees, the plants should be pritemnit.
- Top dressing with complex mineral fertilizers, solutions of compost or humus will allow to increase the yield by 1.5-2 times.
- Pepper pests are not uncommon. For aphids, spider mites and some other insects, the bushes are treated with insecticides like Karbofos or Keltan. It hurts sweet pepper rarely, but if you do not follow the rate of watering, the development of rot is possible.
Ratunda peppers are harvested as the crop matures
Ratunda peppers are harvested as the crop matures. After the pepper has reached technical maturity and acquired a green color, it can be harvested, but if it is left for another 2-3 weeks, it will become a deep red - it will acquire its natural color.
Harvest can be used to prepare a variety of winter preparations (marinating, drying, freezing, fermentation). Pepper Ratunda can be used for the preparation of the first, second hot dishes, cold appetizers, salads, sauces.
Reviews about the grade of pepper Ratunda
In compliance with the norms of planting and care, Ratunda pepper always justifies the expectations of the gardener, hence his popularity.
- Alexandra Kalinina: "Ratunda's variety is mid-season. The planted pepper usually ripens in 125-130 days, but the time spent on care fully pays off with tasty peppercorns. The crop is usually rich. The pepper is beautiful, it looks very nice in jars. And even after heat treatment, it retains its color and shape. I usually use it for canning. And even somehow I made stuffed pepper out of it. Because of its small size, it turned out to be small, but it was incredibly tasty! ".
- Timur Laptev: “Pepper is very good for sale. Size, shape, taste, color, and even aroma all attract buyers. I grow 5 varieties for sale, but it is Ratunda pepper that is usually bought first. Growing costs fully pay for themselves, so the variety profitable. "
- Margot Zolotko: "We grow Ratunda pepper varieties from year to year. It likes taste (moderately sweet), appearance, fleshy walls. In dishes it retains taste, is stored for quite a long time. Yes, it’s not very problematic to grow, the main thing is to water in time and ensure a normal temperature ( darkening from the sun in the heat) ".