Raspberry Orange miracle was obtained by Russian breeders in the Bryansk region. This is a remontant variety, so that in a season not one but several harvests can be gathered from bushes. Gardeners often choose this particular variety for cultivation, for its large berries, taste and frost resistance. Below in the article the characteristic of the variety and the peculiarities of its cultivation will be given.
Description of the raspberry variety Orange miracle
Berries grow weighing 6-12 g and a length of about 4 cm
Raspberry variety Orange miracle grows a bush up to 2 meters. Shoots are located straight, but under the weight of the crop can bend strongly or even fall to the ground. On the branches there are many sharp thorns.Interesting! In botany, raspberries are not related to berries, but to multi-stem. In other words, it is a fruit consisting of a large number of small fruits with stones, fused together.
Berries grow by weight of 6-12 g and about 4 cm long. Their shape is oblong, similar to a cone. The berries are dense, smooth, very beautiful and glisten in the sun. The color is rich orange. The flesh is high in sugars, juice, acidity is not pronounced. The aroma is strong, pleasant, preserved after picking the berries.
The advantages and disadvantages of the varietyRead also these articles.
- Raspberry Grade Golden Domes
- Yellow Tomato Varieties
- Planting apricot
- How to bounce a goat after the first lambing
Bees increase yields by 60-100%
Before buying a sapling Orange miracle you need to familiarize yourself with its advantages and disadvantages. What benefits can this raspberry boast?
- The taste is sweet, rich.
- The berries are dense, if collected in time, so they can be transported over long distances.
- Easy tearing of berries.
- Raspberries do not crumble after ripening even before a week, so it is not necessary to rush to harvest.
- Marketability is high. Raspberry Orange miracle attracts attention with the color and size of berries, aroma.
- Long fruiting period.
- The yield is high - 2.5-4 kg / bush. Often branches literally fall to the ground from the gravity of the crop.
- Resistance to frost down to -30 degrees Celsius.
There are also disadvantages to this variety, but there are not many of them.
- The bushes have many thorns, which greatly complicates the harvesting of berries and the care of the plant.
- If the bushes grow in the shade, the berries will be sour.
- It can hurt gray rot.
- Poor endures long drought.
How to plant a raspberry orange miracle
Raspberry leaves can be brewed
Place for landing is chosen in advance, taking into account many factors. It should be sunny, well lit (so that the berries are sweet, not sour), preferably on a plain or hill. The land should be nutritious, not acidic, with a low level of groundwater.
Raspberries of this variety are planted in spring, in March, or already in autumn, in October or November (so that there is still at least 1 month before the onset of persistent frost). For bushes make trenches or pits 20-40 cm deep. It is better to dilute the land for planting with ash, humus or compost so that it is nutritious. The amount of these fertilizers depends on the amount of soil that will be used. But on average, for a bucket of earth you need 0.5 buckets of humus and 1-2 cups of ash.Interesting! Raspberry leaves are very helpful. They can be brewed as a simple tea, but to begin with, the leaves are kneaded and dried so that they brew well.
Saplings before planting are inspected for damage, rot on the roots or pagon. If there are such problems, the seedling is thrown away or cut to healthy tissue. After this, you need to cut the place cut with ash for disinfection. Seedlings have at a distance of 1-1.5 meters from each other. Aisle do 1.5-2 meters to make it convenient to move between raspberries and care for the bushes. Bushes are laid out one by one, covered with earth and tamped well. From above the landing plentifully watered.
Care and harvestWe recommend reading our other articles.
- Bellarosa potato variety
- Marigold Flowers
- Strawberry Clery
- The content of guinea fowls at home
Photo mulching raspberry bushes
Care for raspberries varieties Orange miracle need a regular, but not to say that it is very difficult, the main thing is to adhere to the basic rules and problems will not arise.
- Watering is carried out regular and plentiful. You can install a drip system, if there is a possibility or a large plantation - this will simplify the work.
- Loosening the land under the bushes is carried out several times per season. It is important to ensure that the soil is not taken up by a dense crust and that weeds do not overgrow. The latter are removed as they appear.
- For bushes is best to make a support or a garter. The fact is that pagons can fall during fruiting and berries are heavily smeared in the ground, especially after rains or watering. It is not always possible to thoroughly clean them, especially since on the ground they quickly begin to rot.
- Feeding is carried out by litter or minerals. It is desirable in this case to use liquid solutions - they are absorbed faster. Fertilizers are used 3-4 times per season: in spring, during flowering, after the first fruiting and for the winter.
- Raspberry variety Orange miracle is resistant to many raspberry diseases, but prevention does not hurt. In the spring and autumn the bushes are treated with folk remedies. Throughout the development, ash can be poured under the bushes - it drives away harmful insects. If raspberries are sick, you need to use fungicides, and insecticides will help from pests.
- There is no need to cover or warm the bush for the winter, it suffers severe frosts. But if there are concerns, you can simply mulch the earth by 25 cm - this will be quite enough.
Due to the presence of sharp thorns on the shoots, you need to be extremely careful at harvest time. The first berries appear in early August, and the latter are harvested closer to the autumn frosts. Collected berries can be used fresh, used for freezing, drying, cooking desserts, jams, preserves, stewed fruit.
Reviews on raspberry variety Orange miracle
Single opinion about raspberry Orange miracle not. Below are reviews of gardeners who grow it in their homestead plots.
- Peter Dorofeev: “We have been picking berries from the Orange miracle for 5 years now, and we are making delicious jam. True, he has an unusual color, but in terms of the vitamin content, I think it is not inferior to red. from the bush. "
- Vladimir Shubin: “A few years ago I planted an Orange miracle raspberry. The fact that it is sweet and large is nice, but I just can’t put up with the prickles.
- Ekaterina Doronina: "A good variety for freezing and processing, although fresh is also not bad. I grow in the shade - sour berries come out. Next year I want to transplant a few bushes in the sun, see what the difference will be."