There are many types of cabbage, but the cabbage is considered traditional and is grown by gardeners everywhere. Cabbage Hope is known for a long time. It has a high yield, gives weighty heads of cabbages. Description of the variety and the method of its cultivation will be described below in the article.
Description cabbage varieties Nadezhda
Cabbage shape rounded slightly oblate from above
Nadezhda cabbage variety was bred in the second half of the 20th century. It was obtained by crossing cabbage "Dense" and "Slava Enkgoysena." It is grown mainly in the middle and northern regions of Russia and Ukraine. Often this cabbage is grown in Moldova and Belarus. It is a mid-season variety, ripening on average for 110-130 days. It is suitable for cultivation on private, small sites and on an industrial scale.
The socket reaches 65 cm in diameter. The heads are dense, weighty, although usually small in size. Head weight 3-3,5 kg on average. The shape of the cabbage is rounded slightly oblate from above. The color of the upper leaves is dark green with a coating on the surface. In the cut - white. The stalk inside is short.
Characteristics of cabbage HopeRead also these articles.
- Self-pollinated cucumber varieties
- Rex Rabbits
- Turkish carnation
- How to deal with blight on tomatoes?
Cabbage varieties Hope is grown, as a rule, in the open field. Greenhouses for this type is not the best option - there is little sun and light.
- Productivity is high, stable. Usually, up to 15 kg of crop is harvested from the square of planting.
- There is immunity to many cabbage diseases.
- Commercial quality is good. Heads neat shape, nice color.
- Transportability is excellent. Crop can be transported over long and short distances without harm to the heads.
- After harvesting, the crop can be stored for a long time without losing any appearance or taste.
- This is a very tasty variety with an abundance of useful substances. Cabbage is rich in minerals, vitamins, fiber.
- There is no cracking tendency.
- Not afraid of cold to -5 degrees, and yet the optimum temperature for it is + 15 ... +20 degrees Celsius.
Place and land for landing
Land for planting should be nutritious and loose
Growing cabbage variety Hope is possible only on a well-lit, open area. If the sun is not enough, then the growing season will be stretched. In addition, when developing in the shade in the cabbage, more harmful substances accumulate, the forks become loose, not dense, and the keeping quality decreases. Good progenitors are Solanaceae and melons.Important! When grown in sour land, cabbage often has a keel.
Land for planting should be nutritious and loose. Since autumn, it is fertilized with humus, and in the spring they make potassium, calcium and nitrogen. Mineral fertilizers can be under the spring digging or just put a little into the wells during planting. In addition, before planting, you need to check the acidity of the soil. It must be neutral.
Planting cabbageWe recommend reading our other articles.
- Calf diseases and treatment
- Better feed peach
- African swine fever
- How to store pears
Cabbage Hope can be grown seed and transplant method. However, the rassadny method is most often used. Because of the cool spring in most of the middle and northern regions, it is not possible to plant seeds early, and the seedlings quietly grow in heat waiting for the right time for transplanting when it will be warm outside. So it is really convenient.
Photo planting cabbage Hope
The seedling begins to be harvested from mid-April. First you need to find a container for seedlings and make the ground. Container can be any - a container, individual cups (preferred), peat tablets and so on - what is in the house. The land is made from a mixture of sand, garden soil and leaf humus in equal proportions. After thorough kneading, it is poured over a weak solution of potassium permanganate (to destroy pests and diseases). Seeds before planting are also pickled in a weak solution of potassium permanganate for 20-30 minutes, then washed and dried.Important! In order for seeds to germinate faster, they can be processed after washing with growth activators, such as Agat-25, Zircon or Albit.
Sowing seeds carried out at 0.5 cm, sprinkled with earth and watered (from a spray bottle). They germinate at a temperature of + 20 ... +22 degrees. Then the seedlings are transferred to a room where the temperature does not rise above +15 degrees.
1.5-2 weeks before planting in open ground cabbage Nadezhda hardened in the open air. At first, "walks" are arranged for 15-30 minutes and gradually increased to 5-6 hours per day. Planting in open ground is possible when the plant will form 4 leaves and will be about 14-18 cm in height - approximately in May.
You can plant in shallow grooves or pits, so that between the rows were ridges. Deepen sprouts is not necessary. They are planted so that the earthy ball out of the cup is flush with the site. Land during planting is well compacted, and then watered.
To get consistently high yields, cabbage. Hope must be properly maintained.
From pests and diseases, you can use "Fitoverm", "Iskra D"
- Water is always taken for watering warm, settled in the sun. Water under the root, so as not to fall on the leaves. It is necessary to do this procedure so that the ground was a little wet all the time.
- After watering, loosening is carried out when water is absorbed. The earth should always be a little spurted, not solid!
- During the development period, cabbage is fed about 3-4 times. The first feeding is done 3 weeks after planting in a permanent place. The second - 12 days after the first, and the third after 2 weeks. When there is a build-up of green mass in cabbage, you need to feed with nitrogen, and later, when the head is forming, potassium and phosphorus are taken.
- Hilling is carried out several times a season so that the plant builds up its root mass and becomes stronger. If cabbage is not spud, large, developed heads can not wait. This procedure is needed until the moment when cabbage tops begin to cover the aisles.
- Variety Nadezhda often suffers from bacteriosis, so spraying from this disease will not interfere. You can make them prophylactic, so that it does not reach the point of treatment. Usually used for spraying specialized tools. Dry wood ash can also be scattered around the plants.
- From pests and diseases, you can use drugs such as "Fitoverm", "Iskra D". Caterpillars are harvested by hand or using folk recipes.
Best of all Hope suitable for sourdough and salting
Hope cabbage heads are collected, when they become dense, the lower leaves will fall, the head will form, it will no longer feel empty to the touch. You can immediately pick up the plants from the root, and then cut off the heads or cut the heads, and then remove the remnants of the culture. After sorting cabbage Hope is removed for storage.
Use the harvest varieties Hope can be used for cooking soups, side dishes. Best for starter and pickling. After processing, the leaves become softer (crispy in pickling), with a pleasant aroma and delicate texture.
Reviews of cabbage variety Nadezhda
Cabbage Hope has many advantages over other varieties. So it is not surprising that it is grown everywhere.
- Lyubov Gracheva: “Nadezhda has been growing cabbage for more than 5 years. This variety is dear to our family. It is unpretentious, it gives a big crop, but we don’t need more for us. It has a pleasant, sweet taste, for fermentation is what you need. Care without difficulties - all procedures are familiar. "
- Inna Rodionova: “The cabbage is good. And the size that is needed is convenient to store, cut and taste excellent. For boiling, frying, stewing, even in batter the leaves did - very tasty! But of course a considerable proportion of the crop goes to fermentation."
- Victor Nesterov: “I've been growing cabbage for sale for many years. In recent years, I switched to Nadezhda variety. Yes, it doesn’t give big heads, but for buyers this is necessary - small but beautiful. Demand is consistently high, there are even regular customers, especially in season sauerkraut. "