Cherry Shpanka turned out to cross cherries and cherries. It has high resistance to frost, yields and very rarely gets sick. There are several types of Shpanka cherries, each of which has its own unique features. Description of the variety, types, methods of cultivation and much more about Shpanka cherry varieties can be found below in the article.
Description cherries Shpanka
Wood Pile quite high, can reach 6 meters
Cherry Shpanka appeared as a result of long-term crossing of different species. The homeland of the tree is Ukraine. The tree is quite tall, can reach 6 meters. It has a spreading crown, so it needs an abundance of space. Foliage average density. The leaves are ellipsoid in length up to 8 cm, saturated green color.
The berries are dark red, rounded oblate. On branches grow with whole garlands. The berries are large, weighing up to 10 g. The flesh is lighter than the peel, fleshy, sweet with a slight sourness.
Characteristics of the variety ShpankaRead also these articles.
- The best pink grapes with a description and photo
- Grape Variety Transfiguration
- Chicken Drinkers
- Red Baron onion variety
Productivity from a tree of 35-50 kg
There are more than enough merits in the cherry variety Shpanka, which is why it is often found in private areas. Even on small farms, these trees are often grown.
- The tree gives an early harvest. Already in the beginning of summer you can eat sweet berries.
- Diseases rarely affect the variety. And even the pests do not appear often.
- Frosts to -40 degrees tree transfers without damage. Only the youngest twigs can freeze, but the trunk and the old pagons will not be afraid of such a cold. In the northern regions of Russia, gardeners insulate them, but rather so that the tree will survive the spring frosts, not the winter ones.
- The berries have excellent product qualities and are long lying, which simplifies the sale.
- Cherry Shpanka tolerates drought calmly, and not only natural. If a gardener cannot water a tree for a long time, it will not dry quickly. 2-3 waterings per season will be enough for him.
- Productivity from a tree is 35-50 kg.
Not all gardeners like the variety Shpanka. Listed below are the disadvantages of a tree that gardeners often encounter.
- The first harvest from the original Spanki can be tried only 5 years after planting.
- Some varieties, including simple pork, grow up to 6 meters. And it can greatly complicate the harvest.
- To increase yields need to plant a number of pollinators.
- Pagons can break under the load of berries.
- Pruning is an important part of tree care.
Cherry species Shpanka
After the breeding of the main variety described in the article, the breeders continued their work and received several varieties of Spanki.
- Donetsk Shpankand obtained by crossing cherries with cherries. This is an early appearance, giving the first harvest in 3 years after planting! Berries are sweet and sour. The tree is resistant to climate change and produces high yields.
- Shpanka Shimskaya gives a tree of medium height (3-4 meters). It can tolerate severe frosts and therefore is popular in northern regions with a cold climate. Berries are sweet and large with pronounced sourness.
- Kursk Shpanka gives flattened berries. This is a very tasty variety, reaching fertility 3 years after planting.
Below are 3 more grades Shpanki, which are even more popular than the original variety.
Cherry species Shpanka
Shpanka BryanskWe recommend reading our other articles.
- Why do orchid leaves turn yellow?
- Black Currant Exotica - variety description
- Chickens breed Maran - description and productivity
- Proper planting currant cuttings in the spring and autumn
The main advantage of the Shpanka cherries of the Bryansk variety is that it can be transported even over very long distances without losing the external qualities, taste or attractiveness of the berries. This variety has a long shelf life.
Most often used for fresh consumption or canning. Experts note that the berries in the jam are incomparable, as well as in compotes. They have a rich taste, not a lot of acid.
This variety was also obtained by crossing cherries and cherries. Berries have Dwarf Shpanki bright red. The pulp is high in juice, very sweet.
As the name implies, a tree grows low - up to a maximum of 3 meters. But if shortened, cut in time, then you can get a tree about 2 meters.
Krupnoplodnaya variety pork is distinguished by high winter hardiness. It tolerates frosts up to -30 degrees without problems and therefore it is very rarely warmed. Drought for her is also not terrible, but still it is advisable to water in time so that the weather does not affect the yield or quality of the berries.
The tree grows up to 3 meters in height, bears fruit for 3 year. Due to the fact that the varieties of berries are large, they are easy to collect. This cherry is popular in canning. Sweet compotes are also made from it and eaten fresh.
Features of growing
During planting it is necessary that the root neck is level with the ground.
Shpanka planted in the spring, because in the fall the tree usually does not have time to fully take root. The pit for planting is prepared in the fall. It is dug in a diameter of 60-80 cm and a depth of 50-80 cm. If the groundwater level is high, you need to lay drainage - 10-20 cm of rubble, broken brick or something like that. After it has been dug, a fertile soil is prepared for planting from 3 buckets of simple earth, 2 buckets of humus and 250 g of superphosphate. You can add a little potassium sulfate (100 g). Now a 2/3 pit is filled with this earth and left until spring.Important! During planting, you need to ensure that the root neck is level with the ground!
In the spring, the landing pit, dug out and almost completely filled with earth, is well rammed, fed with melt water. Sapling before planting inspect for damage and if they are, they are cut (if it is the roots) and cut sites are treated with garden pitch. Plant a tree according to the usual pattern - on a mound of earth, straightening the roots. After planting, the ground is compacted and watered with 3 buckets of warm water.
Already planted tree needs care.
- Watering is carried out up to 5 times per season, abundant. 3-5 buckets of water are spent on wood, depending on its age.
- Loosening the root zone requires that the roots have enough oxygen. During the season up to 2-3 times is enough - spring, summer, autumn. After loosening, the land can be mulched.
- Weeds are removed from the root zone, because they most often cause the appearance of diseases, pests.
- From 3 years after planting, they start feeding the tree. In the fall - organic. 1-2 buckets are enough for digging a wheel circle. In the spring, nitrogen will not interfere, and in the summer phosphate and potash mineral fertilizers.
- Pruning need annual. In spring or autumn, when there will be time, it is necessary to cut off all dry, damaged, diseased branches. Also, the crown is thinned out every year so that there are not very many twigs. If this is not done, harvesting will be problematic.
- In the winter, the tree can be mulched, wrap the trunk, but this is not an obligatory procedure.
Harvesting and storage
Keep pork can be fresh, frozen, dry
After the berries ripen, they begin to collect once a day or every 2 days. They need to be collected in dry weather, not after rain. Otherwise, the shelf life will be greatly reduced. On average, Shpanka cherries can be stored in the refrigerator for about 5 days. But, because cherry easily absorbs other smells, it should be stored in a sealed package and away from meat, fish and other products with strong odors.Important! If you collect cherries with stalks, their shelf life will increase.
Cherry Shpanka is used for fresh consumption, canning, preparation of desserts, jelly, juice, compotes. You can store it fresh, frozen, dry.
Reviews of cherry Shpanka
All types of Shpanka cherries are popular and in great demand. They are beneficial in growing, give delicious, universal by the method of use, berries.
- Andrey Popov: "Shpanka variety cherry is not very dark berries, there are more beautiful species in this regard. But in compotes, it is amazing jam - it does not lose its taste. Children love it and even happily collect it from the tree. The main thing is to collect it because after overriding becomes wormy. "
- Olga Ogorodnikova: “Even in my cold region, this variety quietly endures winters. For the winter, of course, I warm, I don’t risk it - 25 cm mulch and wrap the trunk. The branches froze a couple of times, but young. I cut them in spring, before sap flow begins. In leaving no problem - the main harvest in time to collect. "
- Vladimir Glavin: “Shpanka is a good variety, the berries are large, red, very tasty. Of course, there is acidity, but this is normal for cherries. One tree grows in the garden, next year I will plant another, and a couple of other varieties (pollinators) for sale. They say that it will increase the productivity of Spanki, so there will be a double benefit! "