Tomatoes with garlic are a healthy, tasty dish for the winter table. But how to make them really tasty? The recipes presented below are easy to prepare and have an amazing taste. And for those who first try themselves in home canning, at the end of the article suggested tips on how to improve the taste, quality and shelf life of winter blanks.
Tomatoes with garlic for the winter simple recipes
The classic recipes for cooking tomatoes with garlic are known to many. Such dishes are in great demand because they are universal, suitable for any occasion and always work out.
Classic Tomatoes with GarlicRead also these articles.
- When to plant tulips in the fall?
- Breed pigs Karmaly
- The best red grapes
- How to plant eggplants for seedlings
Photo of classic tomatoes with garlic
- Tomatoes (preferably small);
- Garlic - 1 kg of tomato is needed per 1 kg.
Brine (for 1 liter of water):
- Sugar - 75 g;
- Salt - 25 g;
- Vinegar (9%) - 2 tsp. (for each half-liter jar).
- Wash and sterilize the jars before cooking. Caps for them separately boiled in water.
- Garlic is peeled, washed and cut into bars.
- Sliced teeth are scattered on the bottom of the cans, and tomatoes are placed on top.
- Water is boiled in a saucepan, and then it is poured into cans. After 5 minutes, it is drained back. The procedure is repeated twice.
- After the second drain of water, salt and sugar are added to it. The brine is brought to a boil and poured into banks. Vinegar is added on top, and the preservation rolls over.
Ready banks overturn and cover until cool.
If desired, you can not cut the garlic into bars, and chop on a grater or garlic press. In this form, it looks beautiful in banks.
Tomatoes with garlic and greens
Photo of tomatoes with garlic and herbs
For variety, you can cook tomatoes stuffed with garlic. The recipe is similar to the previous one, but with its own subtleties.
Ingredients (for 3 cans of 1 l):
- Tomatoes - 2 kg;
- Garlic - 2 heads;
- Parsley - 1 bunch;
- Sugar - 125 g .;
- Black Pepper - 6 Peas;
- Laurel - 3 leaves;
- Table vinegar (9%) - 3 tsp;
- Salt - 30 g;
- Water - 1 l.
- Tomatoes thoroughly washed out, the attachment of the stem is cut.
- Garlic is peeled and also washed under running water. Then it is cut with a thick straw to make it convenient to use for stuffing.
- Stuffing is pretty simple. Take a tomato, where the stem is cut, insert 1-3 cloves of garlic. Inside the tomato is soft, even if you take the cream, so it is not difficult to do.
- In clean, boiled in water banks, lay out black pepper, parsley, laurel. Top stuffed tomatoes are stacked.
- In a small saucepan, boil water. When it boils, tomatoes are poured over it and 5 minutes later they are poured back into the pan. So do another 1 time, and then add sugar and salt to the water poured into the pan. After boiling the brine is poured into the jars and added 1 tsp. vinegar.
The last stage is capping the cans with lids boiled in water. Ready tomatoes with garlic and herbs turn over and wrapped in a thick blanket. After a day you can hide them.
Tomatoes with horseradish and garlicWe recommend reading our other articles.
- Variety of watermelon Crimson Sweet
- Strawberry Clery
- Plum variety Hungarian
- Why a cow gives you little milk and what to do
Photo of tomatoes with horseradish and garlic
Horseradish - a pleasant addition to any preservation. Tomatoes with horseradish and garlic turn out juicy, tender with pronounced spiciness.
- Tomatoes - 350-400 g;
- Horseradish root - 2 small pieces;
- Garlic - 2-4 teeth;
- Allspice - 2 peas;
- Chili fresh - 1 pod.
- Sugar - 60 g;
- Salt - 30 g;
- Vinegar - 100 ml;
- Water - 1 l.
- The first thing is preparing vegetables. Everything is thoroughly washed out. Chili, horseradish, garlic are cut as you like.
- Horseradish, chili, garlic and allspice are put into dried, sterilized jars.
- Tomatoes are stacked on top of the spices. It is desirable that they fit tightly to each other.
- Water is boiled in a saucepan and bottled. After 15 minutes, you need to drain it back into the pan, boil again, add sugar, salt and at the very end, when boiling, vinegar.
- As soon as the vinegar is added to the marinade, it is poured into cans and sealed with sterilized lids.
The last thing you need to do - turn the tomatoes with horseradish and garlic and wrap them to cool. Such a dish for the winter is well kept and does not explode.
Tomatoes with garlic and honey
Photo of tomatoes with garlic and honey
For gourmets who like savory dishes, it is recommended to try the recipe of tomatoes with garlic and honey for the winter. The taste of the dish is sweet and sour.
Ingredients (6 liter cans):
- Tomatoes - 3 kg;
- Garlic - 2 heads;
- Sheets of black currant - 12 pcs .;
- Horseradish - 3 leaves;
- Dill - 6 umbrellas;
- Honey - 12 tbsp. l;
- White pepper - 18 grains;
- Cloves - to taste;
- Salt - 180 g
- Water - 5 liters.
- Garlic is cleaned and washed away from dirt. The tails are cut, and the teeth should be cut into bars.
- After washing, the tails are cut off the tomatoes and in this place they are stuffed with garlic. Tomato enough up to 3 bars.
- Currant leaves, horseradish, dill and then tomatoes are placed in sterilized preservation containers.
- In a saucepan, boil water with salt, honey, pepper and cloves. Marinade is poured and poured into jars 2 times. Each time the tomatoes should be steeped in boiling water for up to 7 minutes. After draining the water is brought back to a boil. On the third time, when the marinade is poured into jars, they are immediately rolled up and turned over.
- Hot preservation is covered with something warm to cool.
In this recipe, it is important that the tomatoes are stuffed with garlic. This allows the brine with honey to soak them as much as possible. The taste of whole tomatoes, preserved in such a brine is usually unsaturated.
Tomatoes with garlic arrows
Recipe photo of tomatoes with garlic arrows
Canned tomatoes can be made not only with garlic cloves, but also with garlic arrows.
Ingredients (per 3-liter jar):
- Tomatoes - 1.5 kg;
- Garlic arrows - 300 g;
- Black pepper - 5 peas;
Marinade (per liter of water):
- Salt - 30 g;
- Vinegar (6%) - 100 ml.
- Garlic tomatoes and arrows washed under running water.
- In a separate saucepan, boil water is brought to a boil. Then garlic hands are added to it (they should be cut into small pieces before that) and boiled for 3-5 minutes.
- After cooking, the arrows must be removed and distributed in sterilized banks.
- Pepper and tomato are placed in jars.
- Salt is added to the water after the arrows, and the brine is brought to a boil.
- The resulting brine is poured into banks, pour vinegar on top.
- Now you need to sterilize the jars for about 30 minutes, and then roll up.
Winter conservation tips
Good preservation is to comply with all the details of cooking.
- It is very important to thoroughly wash out the cans used for canning. Wash them outside and inside with detergents, soap or simple baking soda.
- Tanks for canning are taken completely intact. If the neck is chipped, then the tightness will be questionable. A dish in such a container can blow up long before the onset of winter.
- Not only cans should be washed thoroughly, but also tomatoes used for canning, as well as garlic. If there is dirt on them, the harvesting will not last long.
- Tomatoes for preservation for the winter, it is desirable to take with a dense skin, if you want to preserve them in whole form.
- To prevent the tomatoes from bursting during hot brine pouring, a toothpick is punctured 1-3 times in the area of the stem.
- If not vinegar, you can replace it with aspirin. Per liter of water take 1 tablet of aspirin.
- If in the recipe garlic is cut into bars, slices, then it is better to take large cloves. And if rubbed on a grater or squeezed through a garlic press, then fine teeth will do.
- For 3-liter cans, usually large tomatoes are taken. For liter - cream. And for a half-liter cherry is ideal.
- After seaming, it is important to check whether the lid is well attached to the jar. To do this, turn it over on its side, and then up the bottom. If the brine does not leak through the lid, then the closure was successful.
- Tomatoes are preserved with garlic in a dark, cool room. If you leave it in a room where it is always warm and bright, it can quickly deteriorate.
Tomatoes with garlic - a tasty, healthy dish for the winter. Tomatoes are always fragrant, but the taste does not change much, and the pickle always pleases with an acrid flavor. Cooking options such a lot of preservation. When choosing a recipe, you should take into account personal preferences and some nuances. For example, stuffed tomatoes are recommended to be made exclusively with cream, because soft tomato varieties in a can quickly fall apart.