The grapes of the Transfiguration were bred by VN Krainov. The status of the variety has not yet been assigned to him, but saplings are available for sale, therefore, it is possible to grow a hybrid of grapes. Transformation in your garden or a plot without problems. About the quality and features of the hybrid will be discussed below in the article.
Description of the grape variety Transformation
The grape variety Transformation refers to table species. It has a very early maturation period, which is only 110-115 days from the beginning of the growing season. It can be grown in open ground and in greenhouses. For greenhouse cultivation, the crop is harvested by the end of July. The vine of this grape is a strong-growing, it is well woven along natural and artificial supports.
Clusters are conic, friable. Approximate weight up to 1 kg, but there are exceptions under 3 kg. The berries have a cylindrical, oblong shape. The average size is 3,5x2,5 mm. Weight 14 g, but it is 18-19 g. The skin is thick, it can be eaten. The color of the peel is yellow-pink, on the surface there is a layer of white wax. The pulp is dense, with a high content of juice.
Photo grape transfigurationImportant! If the summer is not sunny or the vineyard is located in the shade, the berries may not get a pink "tan" and will remain just yellow.
The taste of the Transformation grapes is sweet with a slight sourness, which is completely absent after over-cooking. There is no particular aftertaste or delights, the taste is simple, but sweet, like adults and children. In 100 cm. Cube. pulp contains about 19 grams of sugar, which is a high figure.
Characteristics of grapes TransformationRead also these articles.
- Gladiolus flower
- How to breed geese at home
- Cucumber salad for the winter
- How to feed gooseberries?
The advantages and disadvantages of the Transformation grape variety are its characteristics - special features that distinguish it from other hybrids or varieties.
- Adapted to growing in different climatic regions, but in the northern regions leaving is complicated by shelter for the winter.
- Grape Transformation is a self-pollinating hybrid, so you can grow it in closed greenhouses.
- Resistance to frost is average. The bush will endure cold up to -23 degrees, but at lower temperatures it may freeze.
- The high content of sugar in the composition allows you to make this grape a good, homemade wine.
- Variety Transformation refers to the popular pink grape varieties among gardeners.
Photo of bunches of grapes Transfiguration
- Berries are not peas, even if conditions are unfavorable.
- Transportability of bunches is good. On the road, they are not crumpled, of course, if transported correctly.
- Commercial quality is high. Grapes Transformation attracts not only fresh color, but also the size of the berries.
- The yield from a bush reaches 20 kg or a little more, although rationing of the crop and weather conditions strongly influence this.
- There is a tendency to grease.
- The grape variety Transformation is stored for quite a long time.
- Resistance to diseases is average.
Features of growing and care
To plant a bush or stalk of a grape variety of the Transfiguration is needed just like any other. There are no special differences or recommendations, but care should be of high quality if you want to get a big harvest.
- The land is regularly loosened - once a week is the most minimal.
- Due to the intensive growth of the vine, it must be cut 1-2 times a year. Trimming is done on 6-8 eyes. This is enough to control the growth of the plant, and at the same time provoke the emergence of new lashes.
- To get large clusters, it is necessary to normalize the number of inflorescences of grapes Transformation. All unnecessary desirable to remove. On one shoot, experts recommend leaving one inflorescence, no more.
- Wasps are the main pest of this grape. To save a crop from them, it is necessary to put each bunch in a special sack. From the rest of the pests that can appear on the grapes Transformation should use insecticides.
- From diseases like oidium, bacteriosis, anthracnosis, chlorosis, mildew, a routine spraying is carried out 1-2 times a year with fungicides.
- Watering is carried out not often, but abundantly, so that the earth is saturated with moisture, and not swamping the soil in the upper part, then it will be possible not to be afraid of rot.
- In the winter, if the region is cold, it is worth sheltering a vineyard. Any material at hand is used. To warm the ground, you can take any mulch, lay it in a layer of 15-20 cm and cover it with a sacking. The bush itself is recommended after pruning on ¾, wrap with the same burlap or agrofibre.
It is very easy to determine the ripeness of the berries - if a dent remains under pressure, you can remove the clusters. Crop harvested as ripening, so that the berries do not overripe.
Photo of ripe grapes variety Transformation
Reviews of grapes TransformationWe recommend reading our other articles.
- Chicken soup
- Potato variety Queen Anna
- Variety of zucchini Gribovsky 37
- How to store winter garlic
Gardeners and gardeners have a positive attitude to the grape variety Transformation. It is simple and affordable, and there is no particular difficulty in growing.
- Alexander Nosovsky: “For more than 2 years I can’t do without him, my choice is the grape variety Transformation. The whole family loves it very much. I grew one bush, this year I planted 2 more. If you normalize the harvest, the clusters turn out like in a store - beautiful, big, and the berries are sweet and juicy, downright sugar. "
- Maria don: "Normal, though not the best grapes, and yet I decided to plant it myself simply because care is simple. The yield is high, the taste is not bad, and yet there is not enough zest, or something. In general, a hybrid of 4 points out of 5 as for my taste. "
- Alexey Mokritsky: “Take the one that will be sweet and not capricious - so my wife told me when I went to the market to buy grapes for planting. I took the Transformation grape. Now we need to buy another bush - the berries are big, sweet, juicy, the whole family just not enough to take the soul. "