Homemade tomato juice, unlike the store, does not contain harmful ingredients. Everything in it is only natural and healthy, and it is not difficult to prepare it. The most difficult thing is to choose a good recipe, because there are a lot of cooking options. The following article presents the best recipes with excellent taste and rich aroma.
A simple recipe for tomato juice for the winter
The classic recipe for tomato juice for the winter contains a minimum of ingredients. It is made quickly and has a simple, but bright tomato flavor.
Photo of tomato juice for the winter
- Tomatoes - 6 kg;
- Salt - to taste;
- Sugar - to taste.
- Tomatoes are washed in the shower 2 times and let them drain.
- Clean tomatoes cut in halves, remove the place of attachment of the stem, and then cut several more times to make small pieces. They are passed through a meat grinder to make a puree mass.
- The resulting tomato puree is poured into an enameled container, and put on the stove. It is necessary to heat it to 95-97 degrees Celsius, and then, while hot, rub through a sieve. The sieve is initially taken not small, with a hole diameter of about 1.5 mm. Then the resulting mass again fray through the second sieve with small holes of 0.6 mm on average.
- Due to the fact that the juice is passed through a sieve, it turns out a homogeneous mass without lumps and stones. Now the juice is poured back into the cooking pot, salt and sugar are poured to taste (although you can do without them), bring to a boil and boil for 3-5 minutes on medium heat - until foam stops (it must be constantly removed).
- Banks are washed in advance with soap or soda and dried. The finished juice is poured over them and then sterilized. Half-liter jars are sterilized for 15-20 minutes, liter ones - for 20-25 minutes, and 3-liter jars - for 30 minutes. When the sterilization time is over, the containers are rolled up with boiled lids and turned upside down. Under a thick towel, they should be cooled all day, and then they are transferred to the pantry.
To make tomato juice tasty, richly red, tomatoes with a uniform color, juicy pulp and thin skin are picked for it.
Homemade Tomato Juice Recipe with ChilliRead also these articles.
- Apple-tree Sinap Orlovsky grade
- Planting tomato seedlings in the greenhouse
- California rabbits
- Bentham Breed
An interesting, savory taste is obtained in tomato juice, if you add a little chili in it while cooking. This juice is perfect for dinner or holiday table.
Photo of homemade tomato juice with chili
Ingredients (for 2-2.5 liters of juice on average):
- Tomatoes - 4 kg;
- Salt - 30 g;
- Sugar - 35 g;
- Chile - 4 ringlets.
- Tomatoes are washed several times under the shower to remove all the dirt. Then they are cut into pieces, removing the greenish places in the area of attachment of the stem.
- Now you need to squeeze the juice out of the resulting pieces by means of a juicer. If there is no juicer, you can use a meat grinder, but then you will also need to rub the resulting mass through a sieve to remove the stones.
- The juice is poured into an enameled container, add sugar, salt and put on the included plate.
- Tomato juice should be brought to a boil and boil over low heat. As cooking is performed, foam will appear at the top of the juice, it is removed with a spoon and poured into the sink. When the foam stops appearing, add chili rings and boil the tomato for just 1 minute.
- Banks under the twist sterilized and while they are still hot, pour into them the finished juice.
- The containers are sealed (the lids must be boiled beforehand or at least scalded), turned over and covered for a day.
The cooled tomato juice is transferred to other winter preparations. Storage space for tomato juice should be cool and dark.
Homemade Tomato Juice for the Winter with Bell Peppers
Tomato juice, though useful, but during its preparation a lot of vitamins are lost. To compensate for the loss, when it is boiled, Bulgarian pepper is often added to the main tomato mass. It is much more vitamin C, so even after cooking it is no less useful than fresh.
Photo of tomato juice with bell pepper
- Tomatoes - 4 kg;
- Sweet pepper - 600 g;
- Laurel - 1 leaf;
- Allspice - 3 peas;
- Sugar - 75 g;
- Cooking salt - 60 g.
- Tomatoes and sweet peppers are washed in the shower from dirt. Then they are cleaned and cut into small pieces.
- Tomatoes are passed through a meat grinder, and then through a sieve (to remove the seeds), and sweet pepper must also be turned in a meat grinder and mixed with tomato juice.
- Vegetable juice is put on the included cooker (medium heat). Place laurel, allspice in a gauze bag and dip it in the juice (after cooking it must be removed and discarded).
- When the juice boils, sugar is poured into it, salt and boiled for a quarter of an hour on low heat.
- The jars are pre-washed, sterilized and poured into them ready juice. Then the containers are sealed, put the lids down and wrapped with a thick cloth for a day. When the preservation is cooled, it is transferred to the pantry.
Tomato juice with bell pepper has a very pleasant taste. It is gentle, sweetish, but at the same time with sourness - ideal for gourmets!
Delicious tomato juice without sterilizationWe recommend reading our other articles.
- Red Scarlet Potatoes
- Bitter pepper varieties
- How to plant raspberries in spring
- Black carrot
Tomatoes are well kept in banks throughout the winter. So it is not necessary to subject tomato juice to sterilization, but only under the condition that the banks are clean and the tomatoes are not spoiled.
Photo preparation of tomato juice
- Tomatoes - 3 kg;
- Sugar - 35 g;
- Salt - to taste.
- Tomatoes are washed and cut in halves. After removing the attachment point of the tail, it is necessary to cut them smaller and pass through the juicer.
- The resulting mass is poured into the cooking pot and set on fire.
- When the juice boils, add sugar and salt to it and boil for 5 minutes over low heat. At this time, the foam will begin to appear - it is removed with a spoon.
- The recipe of tomato juice without sterilization is not difficult, but it is necessary to thoroughly wash the jars beforehand and sterilize them in the oven, otherwise the juice may start to spoil.
- Boiled juice is poured over cans and rolled up with boiled lids. It remains only to put the banks on its side or turn it over completely, and wrap them until they cool down completely.
Tomato juice with spices for the winter
Tomato juice with spices turns out incredibly fragrant. If you do not overdo it with seasonings, such a drink will become a favorite and, most importantly, a useful delicacy for the whole family.
Photo of tomato juice
- Tomatoes - 5.5 kg;
- Sugar - 250 g;
- Salt - 90 g;
- Vinegar 9% - 140 ml;
- Garlic - 2-3 teeth;
- Sweet peas - 2-3 peas;
- Cinnamon - on the tip of a knife;
- Carnation - 2-3 pcs .;
- Red pepper - ½ tsp;
- Nutmeg - on the tip of a knife.
- Tomatoes are washed a couple of times in the shower to remove dirt. Then squeeze the juice out of them by any convenient method, but there should be no pits in the juice! For example, you can take a juicer. If not, use a meat grinder, and then rub tomato juice through a sieve to get rid of the bones.
- The juice is boiled on medium heat for 25 minutes. All this time it is necessary to stir, and the foam, which will appear, to clean.
- When 25 minutes have passed, salt, granulated sugar and all spices are mixed into the juice. And so that the cloves and sweet peas do not come across later in the cup, they can be folded separately into a gauze bag and dipped into the juice while it is boiled. Juice will absorb spice valves, and the bag after cooking will need to be removed and discarded. With spices, the juice is boiled for another 15 minutes.
- After the time has elapsed, grated garlic and vinegar are added, but the tomato juice is not removed from the stove and continues to boil for another quarter of an hour.
- Banks wash well, sterilize and pour juice on them. After rolling the lids, turn them over and cover until they cool down completely.
Tomato juice contains a lot of vitamin C and other beneficial substances. In winter, such a drink is simply irreplaceable! So if there is an opportunity, it is worth preparing at least a few liter cans in the winter to feast on fresh juice without preservatives.