If a lot of tomatoes, it is best to preserve them in their own juice. Such preservation is done very quickly, but in addition, tomatoes in their own juice are very useful, as they retain a lot of nutrients. They can just eat or take to cook a variety of dishes. Below are the best recipes that are easy to do at home.
A simple recipe for tomatoes in their own juice
Usually, tomatoes in their own juice are made from tomato juice. But tomatoes are needed for juice, and if there are not many of them, you can make an economical and simple version of the dish.
Photo of tomatoes in own juice
- Tomatoes - 1.5 kg;
- Hot pepper - 1 pod;
- Ground black pepper;
- Salt - 10 g;
- Sugar - 100 g;
- Laurel - 1 leaf;
- Water - 2 l;
- Tomato paste - 150 g
- Tomatoes are washed under running water and pierced the skin in several places with a needle or a toothpick.
- On the stove boil water. When it boils it is necessary to pour a little in a saucepan and pour tomato paste there. The mixture is well mixed and poured into the rest of the water. Sugar, salt, laurel and a little sliced hot pepper are poured in here (the amount depends on personal preferences). The resulting dressing is boiled for 5 minutes.
- Tomatoes are put into sterilized, clean jars and filled with boiling pouring.
- Banks must be carefully sealed, turned over and covered with a thick blanket for a day.
Recipe for delicious tomatoes in their own juice for the winterRead also these articles.
- How to grow strawberries from seeds
- Description and characteristics of the Yaroslavl breed cows
- How to plant radishes in the greenhouse and open ground
- Black currant Hercules
- Tomatoes (can be large);
- Garlic - 5-8 teeth;
- Black pepper - 8-10 peas;
- Cloves - on request;
- Sugar - 20 g;
- Salt - 1 tsp;
- Citric acid - at the tip of a knife in each jar.
Photo of tomatoes own juice
- Jars for canning are washed out with food soda. And to destroy all bacteria, they are also sterilized.
- When the containers are ready, they put black pepper, cloves, sugar, citric acid and salt in them.
- Garlic is peeled and sliced. Then it is also packaged in banks.
- With tomatoes removed skin. To make the process easy, they simply need to be filled with boiling water for a couple of minutes, and then removed and cooled. Peeled tomatoes must be cut in half and put in spice jars.
- Take a wide capacity. It is filled with water for several centimeters, a thick towel is placed on the bottom, placed on top of a container with tomatoes, covered with lids and sterilized for 5 minutes. During this time, the tomatoes will start up juice and settle.
- Now it is necessary to report the halves of the tomatoes to the jars and sterilize them again for 5 minutes. So do, until the banks are filled to the top. After that, the last sterilization takes place over a quarter of an hour.
- Ready preservation is taken out of the pan and corked. It is also necessary to turn the neck down and wrap a thick rug.
When the banks cool down, it is usually reserved for this day, they will need to be transferred to the pantry, for winter preservation.
Recipe tomato in its own juice without sterilization
If there is no time to sterilize the dish, you can do without this process. The recipe of a tomato in its own juice without sterilization is outlined below.
- Small tomatoes - 1.4 kg;
- Large, juicy tomatoes - 2 kg;
- Salt - 60 g;
- Sugar - 75 g;
- Vinegar 9% - 1 tbsp. l
- Those tomatoes that were taken for refueling, fall asleep in boiling water, and then removed after 2 minutes. This will allow you to easily remove the peel. Then they are cut and mashed. This can be done by twisting the vegetables through a meat grinder, using a blender or grater. The resulting mixture is poured into a container for cooking, salt and granulated sugar are poured into it and sent to the stove. Tomato juice should boil and boil for 5-10 minutes, then vinegar is poured into it and turned off.
- Small tomatoes are washed and pierced with a toothpick over the entire surface of the skin.
Photos of canned tomatoes in their own juice
- Tanks for preservation are sterilized and punctured tomatoes are placed in them. Laying is preferably as tight as possible.
- Containers with tomatoes poured boiling water and kept so, under the covers for a quarter of an hour. Then the liquid is drained, and pour the fill under the neck. Now you can and roll up.
The finished preservation is turned upside-down to the bottom and covered with a thick blanket. When the banks cool down, they can be removed to the rest of the winter harvest.
Tomatoes in your own juiceWe recommend reading our other articles.
- Carrot Nantes
- Pushkin breed of chickens
- Turkeys breed BIG 6
- Top dressing of winter wheat
Delicious tomatoes are obtained with horseradish. This seasoning improves the taste and enhances the flavor of preservation. Especially for our readers, the recipe for a tomato in its own juice, which is also called - fingers you will lick.
A photo of a tomato in your own juice
- Tomatoes - 4 kg;
- Bulgarian pepper - 250 g;
- Homemade tomato juice - 2.5 l;
- Salt - 50 g;
- Sugar - 100 g;
- Horseradish - ½ large root (or whole, but small);
- Garlic - 1/2 head;
- Hot pepper - 1 pod.
- Tomatoes are washed out in the shower and dried on a towel. So that they do not burst from boiling water, they need to be pierced with toothpicks in several places on the surface of the peel.
- Banks under the twist washed with soap or baking soda, and then sterilized.
- Pierced tomatoes laid out on the banks. Desirable tight - so less will fill out.
- Banks of vegetables filled with boiling water and cover with lids (but do not need to roll up). In this state, they are heated for half an hour.
- Tomato juice is poured into a separate container. In the combine chop the horseradish root, garlic teeth, sweet and hot peppers. The resulting porridge mass is sent to the juice. Salt and sugar are poured here. On a small fire, such a gas station should languish for about 20 minutes.
- The water that was poured to the tomatoes must be poured into the sink. And instead of it pour the finished, boiled pouring. Capacity immediately clog, put the neck down and cover, so that they slowly cooled.
Tomatoes in their own juice with tomato juice
Often, to improve the taste, while cooking a tomato in its own juice, other vegetables are also taken for the winter. For example, beets and daikon, as in the recipe below.
Photo of canned tomato with tomato juice
- Tomatoes - 1 kg;
- Beetroot - 1 medium in size;
- Daikon - 1 medium radish;
- Garlic - 3-5 teeth;
- Ground black pepper;
- Vinegar 9% - 50 ml.
- Tomatoes are washed out, a toothpick is made several punctures in different places and put in jars (pre-sterilized).
- To fill, chop up daikon and beetroot in mashed potatoes, as well as 5 ripe, juicy tomatoes. Sugar, black pepper, salt and garlic are added to improve the taste of the pot. At least pour vinegar.
- Next, pour the pot on the fire and within 10 minutes, it should boil.
- Everything, it is possible to fill banks with tomatoes, and to cork them.
Tomatoes in their own juice for the winter is useful and appetizing. They can be attributed to the universal conservation. After all, it is consumed by simply eating tomatoes separately, and also used to cook a variety of salads, sauces and juice.