Not only ripe tomatoes can be taken for marinating for the winter. Green fruits have dense flesh, never falling apart, but in taste they are not inferior to ripe tomatoes. Marinated green tomatoes are known for a long time and the cooking options for this dish are various. The article below presents the best and proven recipes for the winter.
How to pickle green tomatoes?
Marinating method of green tomatoes
Green tomato preservation is tasty, healthy and has many benefits. Very often, gardeners deliberately break green tomatoes in order to protect them from phytophthora or other diseases, and sometimes these fruits are bought on the market by a hostess to diversify the winter menu. But how to pickle green tomatoes. In fact, the process is no different from pickling ripe fruits - the main thing is to follow the recipe.
Green tomatoes for pickling can be taken in any size, grade and shape. They can be round, cream or even an unusual shape, as long as they are not spoiled. And yet it is precisely small tomatoes that look best in jars, because they do not have to be cut. And they cut large fruits so that they fit into the jar without any problems and so that they are better impregnated with marinade.
As for additional components, there are no special rules, you can add any vegetables, spices, greens, but in order not to lose money, you should start with small batches of preservation and try which recipe you like more and which should not be repeated.
Recipe for Pickled Green Tomatoes for the WinterRead also these articles.
- The best meat breeds of pigs
- Kuban grape variety
- Diplomatic Flower (Mandeville)
- Grape variety Amur
Recipe photo of pickled green tomatoes
Delicious pickled green tomatoes can be made using the most simple, easy-to-cook recipes and with the available ingredients in any home.
Recipe number 1
Ingredients (3 liter jars):
- Green tomatoes (preferably small) - 2.5-3 kg;
- Laurel - 3 leaves;
- Hot pepper (chilli, fresh) - 3 pcs .;
- Black pepper peas - 15 pcs .;
- Carnation buds - 6-9 pcs.
- Water - 3 l;
- Granulated sugar - 150 g;
- Vinegar 9% - 45 ml;
- Salt - 150 g.
- Tomatoes are washed under running water several times to be completely clean.
- Banks under preservation are washed out with food soda. In them, spices are placed on the bottom, and then tomatoes. For one liter jar, 2-3 cloves are taken, one hot pepper (can be cut to make it sharper or leave whole), one bay leaf, 5 black peppercorns. Tomatoes are laid tightly so that there is little free space in the bank.
- Now you need to cook the marinade. Water, sugar, salt interfere in the pan, when the mixture boils, vinegar is added to it. After 2 minutes of boiling pouring is ready and it is poured into jars.
- Ready cans are pasteurized at a temperature of 90 degrees for 20 minutes.
Recipe number 2
Ingredients for (3 liter jars):
- Green tomatoes - 2.1 kg;
- Allspice - 15 peas;
- Carnation buds - 6 pcs .;
- Black pepper - 21 pcs .;
- Hot chili - 3 pods;
- Laurel - 3 leaflets;
Marinade (3 liters of water):
- Sugar - 180 g;
- Vinegar 9% - 90 ml;
- Salt - 120 g
- Banks wash soda and dry. Then they put the allspice and black pepper, cloves, laurel and chili. The more chili to add, the sharper the tomatoes will be, so here on the fan.
- When the spices are laid out, you can fill the jar with tomatoes, which are washed and dried on a towel before.
- Covers separately boil for 5 minutes. Then boiling water is poured into jars with tomatoes, and they are left under the lids for 10 minutes.
- Now you need to drain the water and refill the jars with boiling water for 10 minutes.
- While cans of boiling water are infused, marinade is made in a separate container. Water is mixed with sugar, salt, brought to a boil, and then vinegar is added and switched off 2 minutes after boiling.
- Water is drained from the cans with tomatoes, and the marinade is poured. Then they are rolled, turned upside down and wrapped in a blanket for a day to cool completely.
Delicious pickled green tomatoes
Recipe for Pickled Green Tomatoes with Hot Peppers
The taste of the resulting green tomatoes in a jar affects not only the pickle, but also the spices, the greens with which they marinate. The recipe of pickled green tomatoes with an abundance of spices and greens allows you to get in the winter, juicy tomatoes, with a piquant unusual taste and incredible aroma!
- Green tomatoes - 3 kg;
- Horseradish leaves - 5.5 g;
- Dill - 150 g;
- Celery or parsley (which you like more) - 11 g;
- Hot red pepper in pods (fresh) - 1 pc .;
- Laurel - 3 leaflets;
- Garlic - 12 g;
For the marinade:
- Water - 3 l .;
- Sugar - 150 g;
- Vinegar 5% - 675 g;
- Salt - 150 g.
- Green tomatoes are well washed out under running water.
- Horseradish leaves must be finely chopped so that they are easily put in jars.
- In clean, washed jars laid out greens and spices, so that in each container was approximately equal amount. Tomatoes are placed on top of greens and spices, very tight, one to one.
- When the ingredients are already in the jars, begin to cook the marinade. Water, sugar, and salt are mixed in containers and brought to a boil, then vinegar is poured in, boiled for 2-3 minutes and turned off.
- Hot marinade is poured into the jars, and then they are covered with washed lids, but not yet rolled.
- To preserve not exploded, it is necessary to sterilize the jars. Preservation is set in a pot of water (70 degrees) and sterilized. Liter cans are sterilized for 8 minutes, 3-liter - 15 minutes, and 0.5 liter - 5 minutes.
- After sterilization, the banks are rolled up, turned upside down and covered with a warm rug. In a day they can be transferred to other winter blanks.
Marinated green tomatoes with garlicWe recommend reading our other articles.
- Carrot variety Queen of autumn
- How to plant eggplants for seedlings
- Pigs of breed Duroc and their characteristics
Photo of pickled green tomatoes with garlic
Green tomatoes combine very well with garlic, so you can find a lot of recipes for marinating them together. The recipe outlined below is not difficult, as a result, the tomatoes are fragrant, with a dense texture and slightly garlic taste.
- Green tomatoes - 2 kg;
- Garlic - 2 heads;
- Dill - 1 large bunch;
- Water - 1 liter;
- Granulated sugar - 25 g;
- Dill seeds - 1 tsp;
- Laurel - 1 sheet;
- Salt large - 24 g;
- Vinegar 9% - 70 ml.
- Tomatoes are washed and made holes on one side (pocket).
- Garlic is peeled and, if the teeth are large, cut with plates (not very thin). But if the teeth are small, they do not need to be cut.
- In each tomato (made a pocket) put one clove of garlic. Garlic is better as far as possible, to lay inside the fruit so that it does not fall out.
- At the bottom of the cans (washed with baking soda) are placed dill, and then tomatoes with garlic.
- In a bowl or pan, boil water, add sugar, salt, laurel and fennel seeds. When everything boils you can add vinegar and boil for another 2 minutes.
- Cooked marinade fill the banks with tomatoes and then close with simple plastic lids.