Top dressing of bees in the spring is a very important part of bee care. For dressing take different bee treats, each with its own characteristics and methodology of use. The article describes why to feed the bees before and after the flight, as well as how and what to conduct feeding.
Feeding bees before flying
Top dressing of bees in the spring
Feeding the bees in the spring before the flight increases the productivity of the uterus. It is known that in order to care for the future generation, bees must be full and strong. The uterus is always focused on the bees - whether they can feed the offspring. If the family is weak, then it is not necessary to count on large offspring.
Dates usually fall in early spring - March. It can be any number - depending on the climate. At this time, the street is still cool, the bees do not fly out of the hive, there may be recurrent frosts, severe cold snaps, and snowfall. Usually, in the first warm days, beekeepers check the beehives, the condition of the bees, but since it is still dangerous to pull out the frames (so that the bees do not scatter), fertilizing is most often carried out blindly.Interesting! If the beekeeper knows his business and has been engaged in such work for years, he can check the condition of the frames and the amount of food in bees in early spring. In this case, it will be possible to understand for sure the number of required dressings before the first flight.
Top dressing after flyingRead also these articles.
- Potato variety Zest
- Flower Drimiopsis
- Yellow watermelon - varieties and cultivation
- Onion sets - varieties, planting and care
Feeding the bees in the spring after the flight is focused on reinforcing the strength of insects, stimulating their performance and activity. After the bees make the first flight, their condition can be determined. If there is any doubt about their health, add drugs to the top-dressing for recovery.
The timing of such feeding is directly dependent on climate. As soon as the temperature rises to + 10 ... +15 degrees, when the bees can fly out of the hive, you can begin to watch them closely. Top dressing is done when it becomes clear how insects feel and if they need medicines.
Top dressing of bees with sugar syrup
Top dressing with sugar syrup
Top dressing with sugar syrup is considered the most common and convenient. Bees like it, and for the beekeeper is easy to prepare. They give it to the “table” of insects when the temperature in the street is within + 10 ... +15 degrees. This particular feeding of bees in spring is considered ideal for stimulating them to take off. Therefore, it is suitable as the first to fly. In addition, the syrup enhances the immunity of bees, facilitates the fight against many diseases, infections.
To make sugar syrup, it is necessary to dissolve sugar with boiling water in equal proportions. Then the solution is cooled and poured into the trough or directly onto the frame. If the first flight is still far and cold outside, the syrup is made thicker and more concentrated. But often you can not feed a thick sugar syrup.Important! It is not recommended to use very liquid syrup (low concentration), because it is digested for a long time and can lead to the extinction of the family.
In the case when top dressing is given for a specific purpose, certain ingredients are added to the sugar syrup.
Coniferous Extract, Bee and Nozemat
- Coniferous extract (1 g / liter of syrup) activates egg laying by the uterus. The same substance nourishes bees with vitamins and protects against ticks.
- Cobalt (8 mg / l) can increase brood breeding by 20%. In order not to risk with pure substance, you can simply add the drug "Pchelodar", it contains cobalt. There is he in the "DCM" - a multi-component additive.
- Means "Nozemat" is added to top dressing, if after the first flight the beekeeper has noticed that the insects have diarrhea (nosematosis). Acetic acid (3 g / kg) can also be added.
If there is an opportunity or desire to pamper the bees, you can add some honey to the sugar syrup. Only 40 grams of honey are needed per kilogram of sugar, and water is taken as before as much as sugar. Such a solution is much more nutritious than ordinary syrup and also facilitates digestion.
Top dressing with honeyWe recommend reading our other articles.
- How to freeze zucchini
- Black currant Hercules
- The best varieties of black tomatoes
- Bitter Pepper Varieties
Honey - the main food of bees. If the spring honey in the hive is not enough, the bees will starve. Honey feeding of bees in the spring, for them in this case - the best delicacy.
Photos of honey are full
- Honey full.
This is a simple aqueous solution of honey. It is not economically profitable, but it is much more useful than any syrup, because it contains many vitamins, nutrients and is as close as possible to nectar. It strengthens the immunity of bees, stimulates their activity, is used to activate egg-laying and quickly build up the family.Important! If necessary, you can always add medication for bees to such dressing.
Depending on what consistency is full, it can act in different ways. Thick full is used as food, medium-liquid for reproduction and stimulation for departure. Liquid well fed usually bees are sprayed so that they get used to each other.
How to cook it? Honey is brought to a liquid state if it is taken crystallized (heated), then mixed with water. For liquid need a concentration of honey and water 1: 2. Equal parts are taken for medium consistency. For a thick full of 4 parts of honey, only 1 part of water is needed.
Kandy is a pasty food for bees. There are a lot of recipes for its preparation, but there is also a classic, honey. 26% honey, 74% caster sugar, 0.18% water and 0.02% vinegar interfere until a homogeneous mass. This dough is divided into convenient pieces and put 200-300 g on top of the frame.
Protein nutrition of bees
Photo perga for bees
The protein feeding of bees in spring is given in order to accelerate the development of the brood. In this case, you can use: pollen, perga and their substitutes, namely: soy flour, dried and cow's milk.
- Top dressing perga.
Perga for bees is an indispensable source of protein. Without it, the uterus can completely stop egg-laying. That is why it should always be in the hive, at least in small quantities. If during the summer the bees have done a lot of perga, some of them can be removed and then used in the spring to feed the bees.
In order to make a suitable perga it is necessary to place a frozen piece of perga in a water bath so that it melts. If necessary, you can add an aqueous solution of sugar.
- Top dressing substitutes perga.
There are many different substitutes perga. If it is not left in the hive and there is no place to take from the outside (buy it, get it from another hive), then you should use substitutes.
- It is impossible to completely replace perga, but the closest substitute is the Gaidak mixture. Soy flour, milk powder and dry brewer's yeast are mixed in a 3: 1: 1 ratio. You can also mix a drop of pollen (more for smell). Now you need to knead the dough, make it into convenient cakes, which are laid out in hives.
- A kilogram of last year's pollen is mixed, then it is mixed with 200 g of honey and 150 ml of water. The resulting mass is well mixed and placed on the framework. If necessary, it will need to be added.
- A kilogram of honey and half a kilogram of bee bread are mixed in half a liter of hot water. Then you need to strain the mixture through a sieve and leave for 2 days so that it is well infused. The family is given about 0.5 kg every 3 days.
- 200 g of powdered milk (or plain cow milk) and a kilogram of sugar are diluted in 800 ml of boiling water. Then the mixture is placed in the feeders. But they give such a sub-feed little by little, because it quickly turns sour.
- Soy flour (defatted) is mixed with pollen in a ratio of 3: 1. This mixture is kneaded on sugar syrup so that the consistency of the dough is obtained and is given to the bees.
Proportions feeding for bees
If it is correct to feed, the bee family will be healthy and ready to increase their numbers. But do not forget that any dressing should be given only fresh. They are fed immediately after preparation, not allowing to lie in the refrigerator for a long time. Poor quality or damaged feed for bees can adversely affect the health and livelihoods of the bee family.
Proportions in the preparation of dressings should be strictly followed. Of course, a sweeter syrup of insects will not kill, but if you regularly feed in the wrong concentration, it can disturb the digestion of the bees and, as a result, threaten their lives.