Growing early crops allows you to get the first harvest in the shortest possible time. Early cucumber varieties are greenhouse or for open ground. There are also self-pollinated species. This article will describe the most popular varieties with excellent taste characteristics.
Best early grades
The best varieties are distinguished by stable yield, high commodity qualities, and the shortest ripening periods. These are fairly well-known cucumber species that many have heard about.
Photo cucumber Kid and Kustovoy photo
- "Kid" - superearly shrub variety, which gives the first harvest in just 41-43 days from the date of emergence. The bush grows up to 50 cm in height, the garter is optional. Zelentsy grow up to 10 cm and weighs 80-90 g, dark green color. Productivity is stable - 2-2.5 kg / bush. Suitable for salting and fresh consumption.
- "Kustovoy" ripens on average for 45-50 days. It has a female type of flowering. It can be grown both in greenhouses and in the open field, but the latter option is preferred. The plant is compact, whip branching is not strong. Zelentsy are dark green, elongated, weighing up to 90 g and a length of about 11 cm. The yield per square is about 12 kg.
- "Super Mini" gives fruits for 40-45 days from emergence of shoots. It is a bee-pollinating plant, spindle-like, grown in open ground or greenhouse. Zelentsy have large bumps, dark green skin. Thorns are black. Resists blotch and powdery mildew. Delicious taste, without bitterness, when biting cucumber crunches. Suitable for canning or pickling.
Photo varieties Masha F1 and Snack Bar
- "Masha F1" - ultra-fast hybrid. The first fruits ripen in 35-40 days. The green stuff is lumpy, small, neat, regular shape. Resistant to many diseases and temperature extremes. Characterized by excellent taste, versatile use. It is grown in open and closed ground.
- "Snack Bar" ripens in 45-48 days. It is grown in open and closed ground. Fruits up to 14 cm with large tubercles, weight 100-115 g, bright green, spikes black. Use is universal. It is resistant to olive blotch and temperature extremes.
This also includes such varieties as: "Chinese snake", "Cask of pickling", "Madame F1".
Early varieties of cucumbers for greenhousesRead also these articles.
- Potato cultivar Impala
- Quail food
- Open ground cucumber varieties
- Feed Yeast
Greenhouse early cucumber varieties require certain growing conditions. As a rule, lighting does not play a key role for them, but high humidity and temperature are very important. Also for such varieties it is worth using only high-quality, fertilized soil and comfortable greenhouses, where windows can open, because not all of them are self-pollinated!
Photo cucumbers Orlik F1 and pickling
- "Orlik F1" gives fruits for 47-50 days from emergence of shoots. Female bloom hybrid - parthenocarpic. Grown in film greenhouses. Fruits up to 16 cm, weigh 120-150g. Hillocks are pronounced, spikes white. Taste without bitterness. It is resistant to powdery mildew, downy mildew and root rot. Productivity from a plant to 8 kg.
- "Pickled" recommended for greenhouses. Ripens in 38-41 day. Fruits are cylindrical, up to 12 cm, weighing about 130 g. The rind is green, tuberculate with white spikes. There is resistance to true and downy mildew, root rot and olive spot.
- "Zozulya F1" - Parthenocarpic hybrid. Gives fruit for 40-45 days. It is grown mainly in spring greenhouses. Fruits are lumpy, with white thorns. The length of green leaves is from 14 to 22 cm. The crop ripens at the same time. Immune to olive spot, but afraid of root rot.
Early varieties of cucumbers for open ground
Photos varieties Khutorok and Anulka F1
In the open ground, early varieties of cucumbers are grown since ancient times and quite successfully, so it is not as difficult as it may seem at first glance. The main thing is to choose the right place and provide cucumbers with full watering and nutrition (top dressing).
- "Little Farm" - bee-pollinating hybrid with female bloom. Cucumbers without bitterness, very tasty, universal type. The hybrid is resistant to diseases, greens have a presentation, so it can be grown for sale. Productivity is high.
- "Anulka F1" - gherkin. Ripens in 45-55 days. Growing bush up to a meter in height. Cucumbers up to 8 cm, weight 60g, tuberculate. The peel is light green, has a neutral taste, without bitterness. Used for appetizers, salads, canning and pickling. Resistant to common diseases. Productivity about 5 kg / m. sq.
- "Cellar" matures in 43-48 days, bee-pollinated. It is grown in open field. Film cover is allowed only if it is temporary. Fruits are cylindrical, up to 100 g, about 10 cm long. The tubercles are large, the color is green in a white stripe, the thorns are brown. Use Zelentsy in preservation, fresh. Productivity from a square to 17 kg!
- "F1 road" grown exclusively in open field. Zelentsy to 100 g, length within 10 cm. Has large tubercles, thorns of brown color, color of a peel dark green with light strips. Taste without bitterness. There is resistance to downy mildew and adverse growing conditions. Up to 5.5 kg of cucumbers can be removed from one plant per season.
Partenocarpic early cucumber varietiesWe recommend reading our other articles.
- Dutch radish varieties
- Astilbe flower
- Durum Wheat
- Breed description Peking duck
Self-pollinated (parthenocarpic) early cucumber varieties are distinguished by the fact that they do not need to be pollinated by insects. Such early varieties of cucumbers are grown without problems in greenhouses and in the open field while observing the rules of care.
Cucumbers Liliput F1, Little Leaf and Baby-Anyutka F1
- "Liliput F1 " ripens in just 38-42 days from germination. Parthenocarpic hybrid with female bloom. It is grown in greenhouses and open field. Cucumbers cylindrical up to 9 cm, weighing about 85 g, lumpy. It is recommended for canning pickles and gherkins. Resistant to olive blotch, downy mildew, powdery mildew, root rot. Productivity from a square to 11,5 kg.
- "Little Leaf" or "Little Leaf" in translation from English is parthenocarpic American variety. Ripens in 35-45 days from the day of emergence of shoots. It is grown in the greenhouse or in the open field. Bushes are compact. The leaves are several times smaller than those of simple cucumbers, which simplifies harvesting. Fruits are small, up to 8 cm, green, mounds are small. In the care of unpretentious. Productivity is high. Taste without bitterness, application is universal.
- "Baby-Anyutka F1" gives fruit for 40-45 days. Female bloom. Growing universal. The plant is quite branchy, powerful. Zelentsy of a cylindrical form, 11 cm long on average, weighing up to 130 g. The peel is dark green. Pulp without voids, crispy, fragrant, suitable for salads and processing. Productivity to 12,9 kg / m. sq.
This category also includes: "Mamenkin favorite", "Marinda F1", "Matryoshka F1", "Petersburg Express F1".