Depending on the direction of the breed of chickens, they are grown to produce meat or eggs. Broiler chickens are meatfowl, which have a predominantly large body mass. Their meat is usually tender, not stringy, very tasty, in some breeds it refers to dietary or delicacy species. The following article presents the most common and popular breeds and crosses of broilers.
The best breeds of broiler chickens
When creating a new species, breeders are trying to improve one or another quality of the bird so that it would be beneficial to breed. So modern breeds and crosses of broilers have their own characteristics.
Photo chickens Cross Change and ROSS 708
- Cross "Change" was bred by crossing "Broiler-6" and "Gibro-6". Chickens grow quickly, daily adding up to 50 g. Viability of about 97%. Such chicken meat is very tasty. Egg production within 140 eggs / year. The main feature is that the young need a broiler temperature 2 degrees higher than other breeds. It is important to consider that the survival rate of chicks is high.
- Cross "ROSS 708" valued most of all because it has the largest body mass and speed of weight gain. For this reason, it is the most profitable. The young mass reaches 2.9 kg in just 35 days! This bird has large legs, developed pectoral muscles, low cost of meat.
- Cross "ROSS 308" characterized by high performance. The bird's weight is not as big as that of the ROSS 708, but they give more testicles. During the day the young growth adds up to 60 g of weight. The weight of an adult bird is 2.5 kg. Slaughter is carried out from 6 to 9 weeks to preserve the taste of individuals. The carcass has a marketable, pale skin.
- Chickens "Cobb 500" have a yellowish skin tone. In 40 days the young growth reaches a mass of 2.5-2.8 kg. In addition, the survival rate is 98%, the cost of food is not very big, the legs are strong, and the breast is well-fed.
Cobb 700 and Broiler-61
- "Cobb 700" highly productive bird. By 1.5 months, females weigh about 2.5 kg, and males 3 kg. Around this time they are allowed to face. The final body weight of a broiler reaches 2.5 months - chickens 4 kg, roosters - 5 kg. The meat is light, juicy, tasty, the skin is yellow. Egg production is low, but eggs are tasty.
- Broiler-61 It has a high productivity, with a minimum of money spent on feed - up to 2-2.2 kg of feed is spent per kilogram of growth. At 1.5 months the weight of chickens is about 1.8 kg. Egg production is average, for a year the layer produces approximately 160 testicles. Survival rate of chicks is about 98%. Juveniles grow quickly, but it is important to ensure that their birds develop properly. Vitamin supplements are required, with 5 weeks should begin to restrict food.
- Cross "Hubbard Isa F-15" fast growing With special feeding the weight of the bird can reach up to 8 kg, but more often 5-6 kg. Survival rate of young stock is 98-99%. At 2 months, females weigh about 2.7 kg, and males - 3.2 kg. Egg production up to 200 eggs / year. Eggs and meat to taste good.
- Breed "Gibro-6" has high resilience - 98%. Their plumage is good, as is the appearance of the bird as a whole. Character docile. At 6 weeks the bird weighs about 1.5-1.6 kg. After the slaughter, you can see that the carcass has yellow skin and subcutaneous fat. During the day, weight gain of about 30 g. Egg laying eggs 160 eggs for 400 days. The meat is very tasty, as are the eggs. When growing chickens, it is important to control the norms of feed, otherwise obesity will appear.
How to grow broilers?Read also these articles.
- Melotria or mini cucumber
- Why a cow gives you little milk and what to do
- Straw chopper (hay)
- Rabbit Lop-eared Sheep
When growing broilers, it is worth exploring all their features. Depending on the cross, the bird can be simple or complex in terms of growing and breeding. So, "ROSS 308" quickly multiplies. Juveniles have good health, high survival rates. "ROSS 708", in turn, is convenient in terms of cultivation in that it eats little, grows fast, and is unpretentious in terms of care. But "Hubbard Iza F-15" needs special feeding to achieve a large body weight, and this must be taken into account!Important! Chickens broilers are characterized by inactivity, they are very calm, so do not create a mess, do not shout without reason and do not fight.
So, the cultivation directly depends on the species, but as a rule, broilers are calm, productive and do not cause problems.
The content of meat chickens
Photos of broilers
One cannot hope for high productivity of broilers, if nothing is done for the welfare of the birds. Even the best cross will not give the desired results and will often get sick if living in bad conditions. So, how are broiler chickens kept?
- The room for the maintenance should be, even if the bird is contained in the aviary. Cold days come in all regions. Hurricanes, slush, strong wind and other cataclysms for birds can be dangerous. It is for such purposes that they need shelter. Let it be a small room, but comfortable, so that the chickens have enough space there - cozy, warm and quiet.
- The floor in the hen house should be warm. To do this, use a biofoil or a thick layer of simple bedding. If the winters are very cold, you can also raise the floor by 20-25 cm and then lay the litter. An air cushion will keep you warm inside longer.
- Inside the chicken coop, the temperature should be normal for the birds (+ 20 ... +28 degrees in the summer and from 15 degrees in the winter), natural and artificial ventilation is provided, the humidity is maintained at a normal level.
- Every six months or a year it is necessary to disinfect the chicken coop and the enclosure. This is done to prevent various diseases and pests that easily settle in such premises. Chickens are temporarily relocated to another place, and their dwelling is completely cleaned with special means.
- It is necessary to clean not only the house of birds, but also what they use regularly: drinking bowls, feeders, baths with sand and a shell, perches, nests. After all, as the birds live, they become polluted.
- Young broods are usually kept in brooders until they grow up and only then they are gradually hooked to the rest of the chickens or kept in a separate pen.
- The ration is made up of wet and dry food, which contains abundant fats, carbohydrates and proteins. It is also very important to add vitamins and minerals. The shells crushed and gravel should always be in a separate basin.
- Fresh water must always be in the hen house!
Broilers contain very profitable. They receive not only meat, but also eggs, although not in large quantities. The bird is distinguished by good immunity, survival, all that is required of the breeder is to choose the right cross or breed and care for its birds.We recommend reading our other articles.
- How to make a goat feeders with their own hands
- Star duck 53
- How long do rabbits live?
- Horse breeds