When choosing a hybrid tomato for planting, you need to take into account many nuances. Among the main points that gardeners pay attention to are the yield, taste, size, color of fruits and especially agrotechnics. Tomato Polbig F1 has many fans among experienced and novice gardeners for a number of advantages, which can be found below in the article.
Description of tomato variety Polbig F1
Tomato Polbig F1
Tomato Polbig F1 is a short growing hybrid bred by Dutch breeders. Early, from the appearance of the first shoots to the ripening of fruits, an average of 95 days passes. Can be grown in open and closed ground.
Bush grows to 0.8 meters in open ground. In greenhouses, the height can reach 1.3 meters. Masking and if carrying out, then partial - to the first brush in the open ground. In closed ground, a plant is formed in 2-3 stems. The leaves are medium in size, of typical shape. Color from light to dark green. The inflorescence is simple, without much difference.Important! Tomato Polbig F1 has a high content of carotene. But when the fruits overspeed, its quantity sharply decreases.
Fruits reach a weight of 130-150 g (in greenhouses up to 200 g), have a round shape, multi-chamber, the edges are poorly pronounced. Color red, saturated, there can be a pink shade. There is no green speck at the stem. The flesh is also red, fleshy, juicy. The taste is pleasant. Tomatoes are suitable for salads, preservation, cooking soups, mashed potatoes, lecho - that is, universal use.
Main characteristicsRead also these articles.
- How to plant eggplants for seedlings
- What is hydroponics?
- How to choose and prepare seed potatoes for planting
- What are the vitamins in cabbage
Each variety or hybrid of tomatoes is distinguished by its special characteristics that distinguish it. What features has a hybrid Polbig F1?
Hybrid Polbig F1
- Early ripening.
- Cold-resistant - belated frosts are not terrible for him.
- Fruits do not crack, stored for a long time.
- Transportable qualities are good, during transportation the fruits do not crumple and do not deteriorate, if they are properly laid.
- The hybrid is immune to Fusarium, Verticillia. Not affected by blight due to the early term of fruit ripening.
- The yield from the square of planting reaches 5.7 kg, but only with good agricultural techniques.
- Taste tomatoes excellent both fresh and preserved.
- Because of the considerable height of the bush, a garter to a trellis or pegs is necessary.
Grow a hybrid only by seedling method, even in greenhouses. Seeds for seedlings are usually sown in March. They germinate at a temperature of +25 ... +27 degrees. The first picking is carried out with the appearance of 2-3 leaves, and landing at a permanent place in 2 months. Approximately 1-2 weeks before transplantation into open ground is hardened. The permissible temperature for quenching is not less than +13 degrees.Important! Planting a hybrid in open ground in early May, you can get an early harvest and a very good one, but then you may need a temporary film cover to protect the sprouts from returnable frost.
Plant a half-big F1 tomato so that the bushes do not interfere with each other when they are fully grown. Observing the correct distance between the seedlings plays a key role, since the thickening weakens the plants, and even any diseases, the pests more quickly "wander" in neighboring crops when they grow close. Planting pattern 50x40 cm. Density - up to 5-7 seedlings per square meter. In fact, it is quite compact when compared with some other hybrids and varieties of tomatoes, so you should not plant them even more densely.
In terms of care, it should be noted that the hybrid Polbig F1 needs proper lighting, protection from drafts, timely, moderate watering. Tomatoes are usually fed with complex mineral fertilizers. It is also desirable to carry out at least 2 times a year the treatment of pests and diseases with folk remedies, if there is no real threat. The rest of the hybrid is easy to grow and does not require much time and effort from the farmer.
Reviews of gardeners about Tomato Polbig F1We recommend reading our other articles.
- When to dig garlic?
- Pig diseases
- Canned cucumbers
- What to feed geese in winter and summer
Many gardeners love to experiment with new varieties and hybrids, but there is not always time, opportunity and money for such risks. To understand a good hybrid or not, you can simply know the opinion of it from gardeners who have already grown it in their garden beds.
Rose with tomato
- Alexey Dmitriev: "As a rule, I choose varieties, not hybrids, but last year I retreated from the rules. Tomato Polbig F1 was a pleasant surprise for me - I’ll plant it annually. There were almost no problems with it, and the harvest was so great that tomato juice shut down 2 years ahead. "
- Irina Kostina: “When I tried the hybrid for the first time, I was disappointed at first. The seedlings were very weak, thin. But after transplanting into the open ground, the seedlings began to grow rapidly. As a result, the bushes were large, developed, they gave a lot of fruits. And what are these tomatoes are delicious - I recommend to try! ".
- Oleg Belov: “I can’t say anything positive about a hybrid, but I don’t say anything negative either. I grew it for fresh consumption. I didn’t feel a special yield, seedling friendliness or simple agricultural technology - a typical, albeit tasty hybrid. Yes, the yield is guaranteed, but for this price you can find and more interesting hybrids and varieties. "
- Boris Semerov: “It has long been noticed that the Polbig F1 tomato never produces beautiful seedlings. The sprouts are always frail, regardless of dressing, the ground. But after planting in a permanent place, the bushes are actively growing. So you shouldn’t be afraid for seedlings. Last year The bushes attacked the cladosporia. I sprayed it to cure it, but a few ovaries still fell off. I grow this hybrid for pickling and salads - very tasty in conservation! ".
- Nina Vasilievna: “It grew a hybrid in a film greenhouse in autumn. Germination of seeds was 100% - pleasantly pleased. Unfortunately, because of the early frosts, we had to pick some tomatoes green, but they ripened without any problems at the window of the house. With 50 bushes 60 kg of tomatoes were harvested. This is not as much as we wanted, but the taste and quality of tomatoes are worth it! "