Not every gardener manages to get good seedlings of pepper. Well, about an adult, developed plant that gives great, tasty harvests, many generally only dream. The reason is that pepper needs special conditions for growth and care, the essential part of which is fertilizing. If it is not fertilized, it begins to slow down growth, stretch out, and not grow into a beautiful bush, get sick, reduce the yield or quality of fruits. How to feed the pepper and how to do it correctly, you can read below in the article.
How often to fertilize pepper?
Pepper Californian miracle
Before feeding the pepper, this or that fertilizer needs to figure out how often to do it. Many factors (grade, climate, place of cultivation, quantity and grade of pepper) influence the intensity of fertilizing, but mainly you need to pay attention to the quality of the soil. Pepper loves a nutritious land, and in empty ground does not develop at all. Therefore, it is necessary to plant seeds or ready-made seedlings only in fertilized land and as the crop grows, and, that is, the consumption of nutrients from the soil, it should be fed.
If we talk about a normal soil, then pepper needs about 5 dressings for the entire development period. The first is carried out after picking up seedlings in separate cups (2-3 leaves). A day before planting seedlings in a permanent place in an open or closed ground also need to conduct dressing to reinforce seedlings. When the seedlings take root in a new place (2 weeks after planting), you can fertilize them. The following fertilizer is applied during the flowering period, and then during the beginning of fruiting (the formation of fruits). After the fruits begin to grow, fill with color, fertilizing is carried out only as a last resort, for example, if the plant withers, develops poorly. Do not forget that any dressing at this time can negatively affect the quality, taste and even the color of the crop.
Interesting! Determining whether the dressing of pepper was carried out is very simple. If a plant has new, green leaves, everything is done without mistakes, but if the development has not changed, the leaves do not grow, the color fades, then, most likely, something was done incorrectly.
How to feed the pepper for growth?Read also these articles.
- Pig diseases
- Drinkers for cattle
- Quail Pharaoh
- The best varieties of lettuce
Types of feeding for pepper
If the pepper does not grow well or does not develop properly, appropriate fertilizer should be applied. Flabby leaves, dim color of the bush, thin stem, weakness of the branches indicate a lack of calcium, nitrogen, boron, phosphorus, iron, zinc, manganese, copper and some other elements. How to feed the pepper to restore its appearance and accelerate growth?
- Eggshell is most often laid in the ground when planting a plant, but an infusion can be made. To do this, crushed shell of 2-3 eggs is taken, poured with 3 liters of water and infused in a dark place for 3-4 days. Then it is used for watering young and adult bushes. Especially proven to be this tool when growing seedlings.
- The infusion of herbs contains an abundance of various elements. It will be useful for the growth and development of the plant, as well as significantly increase the yield. To prepare the drug, you need to chop the leaves of plantain, coltsfoot, dandelion, nettle, woodlice and pour water in a ratio of 1: 5. Insist means a week, and then use a liter for each bush.
Interesting! Feeding of peppers is usually carried out in the morning or in the evening, when the sun is not too bright, it is not hot outside, there is no rain.
- In order for young seedlings to develop quickly, you need to add a handful of ashes to each well, when planting in a permanent place.
- Yeast promotes the growth of root and green mass, increases the yield, so you should not neglect such fertilizer, especially since it is natural and harmless. 1 kg of wet yeast infused in 5 liters of water all day (preferably in a dark, warm place). Then 2-3 tablespoons of ash are added to the solution and used for watering.
Important! Yeast fertilizer is useful, but is used only in combination with ash, since the yeast in itself is washed out of the earth with potassium.
Mineral fertilizers can also be used for active plant growth. At the first top-dressing it is necessary to provide an abundance of potassium and nitrogen to a plant, using, for example, Kemira-Lux, Kristalon or GUMI Kuznetsova according to the instructions. If you wish, you can make fertilizer yourself. 3 tablespoons of superphosphate, 3 teaspoons of potassium sulfate, 2 teaspoons of ammonium nitrate are taken on a bucket of water. During the second feeding the same means are used, but the concentration increases by 2 times.
How to feed the pepper for a good harvest?
A large crop of pepper can be obtained only with the introduction of timely, good fertilizing. You can do them yourself or use purchased ones. So, how to feed the pepper? Many gardeners prefer to use folk methods. They include green infusions, decoctions, as well as fertilizers made from organic "garbage", such as banana peel, peeling vegetables, eggshell, ash, and similar components.
- The peel of 2-3 bananas is crushed and infused in water for 3 days. After this infusion filter and water the peppers. Banana peel contains a lot of potassium, so it is extremely necessary in the spring, during the growth of the plant and during fruiting, so that the pepper has a beautiful, even, rich color.
- At the time of flowering does not interfere with feeding peppers bird droppings or humus. But using them in its pure form is dangerous, so a solution is being prepared. Chicken droppings are mixed with water in a ratio of 1:10, and humus 1: 5 and then used for watering. But at one time you can use either humus or litter, it is not recommended to combine them.
Interesting! Pepper loves ashes very much. It is not only available, but also very useful fertilizer, which has a positive effect on the plant throughout the entire period of its growing season. But fresh manure can harm the pepper.
- The excellent taste of the fruits and their abundance will provide the gardener with ashes during the fruiting period of the pepper. A tablespoon of pure wood ash is taken 2 liters of hot water. After the mixture was real day, it is well shaken and used for watering.
- To increase the yield and taste of pepper can be iodine fertilizer. Per liter of water is taken no more than 2 drops of iodine and 100 ml of serum. After thorough mixing, the solution can be used as intended.
If you do not want to engage in natural fertilizers, you can apply as fertilizer and minerals. To increase the yield, the drugs usually used are Agricola, Uniflor-Rost, Gomelskoye, Nitroammofoska and the like. They are all divorced according to the instructions.
How to choose a top dressing?We recommend reading our other articles.
- How to grow watermelons in the suburbs
- How to cut gooseberries
- The best varieties of potatoes with a description and photo
- Hilling of potatoes with hiller
If a gardener does not have time to prepare fertilizers, dilute them, measure and respect the right proportions, he simply acquires complex fertilizers for pepper: "Ideal", "Kemira-Lux", "Aquadon-micro", "Orton-Fe". They provide the plant with a minimum or maximum of useful substances (depending on the type and concentration), and fully justify their use. Pepper grows well, gives a harvest, becomes more resistant to diseases, growing conditions.
Important! To purchase complex fertilizers, minerals or other ready-made fertilizers, even if it is organic, is needed only from verified sellers or in specialized stores.
The choice of a mineral preparation should be based on the characteristics of planting pepper (greenhouse, open ground), culture problems (no crop, weak shoots, loss of color, etc.) and other similar points. Therefore, the composition before buying and before feeding the pepper, you need to study well, so that it does not turn out that the substance does not contain the necessary elements for the plant.
With organic fertilizers easier - they can be made from herbs, products stored in the refrigerator. As for humus, compost, litter and even wood ash, then it is advisable to buy them on large farms with a good reputation. After all, bad manure, like other fertilizers, can be contaminated with pests, diseases, or of poor quality.
Even dressing when growing peppers does not always give good results if they are not carried out correctly. Than to feed pepper, it was described above, and now it is worth understanding the features of the procedure.
- Extra root dressings for pepper never apply! All fertilizers flow right under the bush. And if the droplets fall on the leaves, they should be washed with clean water. Since it is very harmful for the plant.
- To plant sprouts on a permanent place is necessary only in a nutrient, fertilized land, otherwise even good seedlings will start to wilt quickly.
- Solutions and infusions are always made using warm, not cold water. Sometimes you need some hot water, but only in certain recipes.
- If the sun is low, peppers provide additional supplements with an abundance of potassium (ash, banana peel). This is especially true for greenhouse varieties.
Finally I would like to note that when growing peppers, you need to be very careful. The plant reacts very badly to the lack of elements: it deteriorates the appearance, reduces the yield, dims or changes the color of the leaves. And if such signs appeared to be postponed with fertilizing is impossible. It is worth remembering that the timely application of fertilizer for the bushes can not only increase the yield or improve the taste of the fruit, but also save the life of a plant that will die in a matter of days with a lack of vital elements.