When growing chickens, the breeder seeks healthy and productive livestock. Whether they are broilers or laying hens, they must give a lot of eggs or meat, otherwise their breeding becomes impractical. Premixes for chickens simplify poultry care and increase its productivity. The fact that such premixes, their benefits and applications will be discussed below in the article.
What are premixes?
Premix for chickens
Premix for chickens - these are the food additives containing in themselves an abundance of those or other vitamins and minerals. They are biologically active substances (in a pure form similar to bone meal), mixed with filler. Available in the form of dry mixes, in which the exact balance of all components is maintained. In this case, in the form of a filler can be: fodder yeast, wheat (melenaya), bran.
There are several types of premixes, each of which has its own purpose, composition and type of application.
- Mineral combine filler and minerals.
- Vitamins are made from different vitamins in a complex with a filler.
- Protein premixes for chickens are protein concentrates that are added to foods rich in carbohydrates.
- Complex supplements contain a mixture of all important components for filled chickens.
- Medicinal species, in addition to vitamins and minerals, contain certain medications that are available and approved as preventive or health benefits for chickens in small doses.
Why premixes chickens?Read also these articles.
- How to feed gooseberries?
- Garlic Rokambol
- Business on growing greens
- Harvested pepper varieties
Premier for broilers
Since the diet of chickens usually consists of 60-70% of the grain, it must be enriched with nutrients so that the bird is healthy and vigorous. Due to the content of a large number of useful substances, premixes for chickens can solve many problems arising during the breeding of this poultry. Among them:
- feather loss;
- reduced immunity;
- thin shell of eggs;
- fading bird feathers;
- brittle bones;
- reduced muscle mass;
- painful offspring, etc.
Interesting! Premixes are a nutritional supplement. When they are introduced into the diet, feed consumption is reduced, which is beneficial primarily to the breeder.
In addition, with the regular introduction of premixes in the bird's diet, it improves metabolism, useful vitamins and minerals are better absorbed by the body, all internal organs develop and function properly. In laying hens, egg production increases, broiler meat quality improves.
If premixes for chickens are given to young animals, one can count on their active growth, rapid weight gain, good immunity, and, that is, disease resistance. The period of fattening of the bird or its full development is reduced, and the chances of deformation of the skeleton are significantly reduced.
Premix Composition Table
The quality of a premix depends primarily on its composition. Depending on the manufacturer, purpose and place of development of the premix, its composition may contain completely different components. To choose a good premix you should always study its composition before purchase. The composition is usually written on the package.
In good supplement should be available:
- vitamins: A, B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B6, B12, D3, E, H, K;
- amino acids: lysine and methionine;
- minerals: iron, iodine, selenium, manganese, zinc, cobalt, copper.
Interesting! The premix formulation is changing all the time, although the basis remains the same. Developers are trying to improve their composition and final benefits in order to make them more efficient and accessible.
In addition to the above components, there must be a good filler, as well as an antioxidant that prevents the oxidation of useful substances. Naturally, there is no exact norm for all these components, they can be in different quantities, some are excluded in some case, others are added. However, the richer the composition, the higher its benefits. Although if we talk about narrow-profile premixes for chickens, the number of elements does not affect the quality, in this case, the ratio is more important.
Premixes for laying hensWe recommend reading our other articles.
- How to make feed for rabbits
- How to keep Vietnamese piglets
- Breed description Manchurian quail
- Strawberry Compote Recipes
Premixes for laying hens are usually aimed at improving the immunity of the birds or increasing their egg production, and sometimes both. Below are the most popular and common premixes for laying hens.
- "Zdraur Layer" It contains 11 vitamins: A, B2, B3, B4, B5, B6, B12, D, E, H, K, 7 minerals, as well as enzymes and amino acids. About a week after the introduction of the supplement, chickens improve egg production, they become more refreshed, feathers stop falling, the color of the feather and the quality of the eggs are improved.
- "Ryabushka" - one of the most popular, and most importantly, common types of premixes for layers. It contains 12 vitamins, 7 minerals and at the same time hormones and harmful impurities are completely absent. With regular additions, egg production increases, the survival rate of chicks increases, and the quality of eggs and poultry meat improves.
- "Miavit" - A good premix with several directions. Differs in formulation accuracy, quality components, long shelf life. This premix for laying hens has 12 vitamins and 5 minerals, as well as antioxidants, enzymes and a filler.
Premixes “Khutorok”, “Good Peasant” and “Miracle” also have quite good reviews.
Premier for broilers
Premixes for broilers can be of different types, some are aimed at increasing the amount of muscle mass, others at its quality, and still others at enhancing the work of the immune system. So, which premixes for broilers are best for?
- "Country Yard" guarantees high bird productivity, increased body weight, reduced feed costs. The composition has an abundance of vitamins and minerals that reduce the risks of the incidence of poultry diseases such as rickets, thyroid inflammation, eye, anemia.
- "Megamix" most often used on large poultry farms. This is a vitamin-mineral supplement that has a positive effect on the survival of birds, their muscle tone, reduced fattening period. The composition has 12 vitamins, 6 minerals, antioxidant, filler.
- "Broiler" - a popular premix for broiler-type chickens. It has 7 minerals, 13 vitamins, as well as antioxidants and a filler. The period of fattening at the introduction of the additive is reduced by a week, while the amount of feed consumed is also reduced.
The introduction of premixes in the diet of chickens
Each type of premix has its own purpose. Some are made to increase egg production, others to improve the quality of broiler meat, others to improve the immune system, and so on. They need to be used only for their intended purpose, which means that, for example, the premix for chickens is not suitable for layers!
Important! Premixes for chickens should not be given in pure form, as a treat or a separate feed! This is only an additive to the diet of the bird. Per 100 kg of feed is usually taken no more than a kilogram of vitamin supplements.
Feeding rates for premixed chickens are always indicated on the supplement's packaging. And these norms must be strictly observed, since a glut of vitamins can be just as dangerous as their lack. As a rule, the premix makes up no more than 1% of the animal's daily feed rate, and only in very rare cases does this indicator change.