Aphid - a very dangerous pest in the garden or in the garden. Small insects spread very quickly, carry dangerous diseases, suck juices from young cultures, which contributes to their death. But besides this, aphid is dangerous because almost any garden crops can suffer from it. How to get rid of aphids folk remedies will be described below in the article.
Why does aphid appear in the garden?
How does aphid appear? In the fall, adults lay eggs on plants, in the bark of trees and shrubs. In the spring, when it becomes warm, offspring hatch from eggs and begins to feast on young plants (including cultivated ones) that are in close proximity. But how can aphid appear in the garden or in the garden, if it was not there before?
Aphids on grape leaf
- If infected plants were bought (on which there are aphids eggs), after they hatch, a mass “migration” will begin throughout the site. For this reason, all seedlings or any other plants and crops should be purchased only in specialized stores, where sellers can vouch for their quality.
- Aphids and her eggs, because of their small size, often move with the wind, on clothing, and animals, on insects, such as ants.
- The soil can also have aphids in itself, so before using the imported land it is worth it to disinfect (if possible) with a solution of potassium permanganate or at least boiling water.
As you can see the reasons for the appearance of aphids a lot, but how to fight it? There are many chemical and biological preparations, but they contain components harmful to plants and the earth, therefore it is worth using them as a last resort. But the popular methods of contraindications do not have, do not harm nature, but have a strong effect.
How to deal with aphids on currants?Read also these articles.
- Red Baron onion variety
- Fattening calves for meat
- Description cucumber varieties Adam F1
- Radish Celeste F1
Aphids affect different cultures. It can be shrubs, trees, cultivated plants like cucumbers or peppers. There are universal methods of dealing with aphids and those that are recommended only for certain crops or places (garden, greenhouse).
Currants usually affects gallic aphids. On the red, white and pink currants, it appears initially in the form of blistering burgundy hue, and on the black currant in the form of spots on the leaves, which then roll up into tubes. How to get rid of aphids folk remedies on the currants?
Wormwood - an effective remedy for aphids on currants
Before using any popular method for aphids, it is necessary to remove the most affected areas (leaves, pagons), and then burn them. More or less "clean" bush sprayed with one of the following tools.
- 400 grams of wood ash is taken per 400 grams of tobacco dust. They need to be mixed and then added in 10 liters of water. Such a solution can be used after flowering shrubs.
- For 500 g of tobacco dust, 10 liters of water are taken. After the mixture is infused for 2-3 days, it is filtered, diluted with 10 liters of water, 100 g of soap is added. After the soap has dissolved, you can use the infusion for spraying.
- The infusion of marigolds is made from dry flowers, not fresh flowers. For a 10 liter pot of warm water, you need to take a 5 liter container with dry flowers of marigolds. This liquid is infused for 3 days, then filtered and used for spraying.
- 1 kg of fresh red pepper (hot) is crushed, put in a large saucepan and pour 10 liters of cold water. After the mixture boils, it is cooked on low heat for 1 hour. Then the broth is cooled and cleaned in a dark place for 2-3 days. To use it you need to dilute. 10 liters of water are taken for 1 cup of the mixture.
- For 500 g of chopped green wormwood take 5 liters of water. It also adds 50 g of soap and a glass of wood ash. Such a remedy should be infused for 5 hours, then it can be used by diluting 1: 2 with water.
- Soda also effectively fights with aphids. The working solution is made from 1 liter of water and 1 tablespoon of soda ash.
Folk remedies for aphids on cucumbers
Cucumber or melon aphid settles on cucumbers. In large quantities, this pest can destroy plants in less than a month, so you should not put off with solving the problem. How to get rid of aphids folk remedies on cucumbers described below.
A solution of celandine from aphids on cucumbers
- Celandine is an effective, but also dangerous method against aphids for humans. Infusion is made from 4 kg of chopped fresh herbs. It is poured with water (10 liters) and infused for 24 hours. After that, you can use the solution for spraying, but only with gloves and a mask, as the celandine is very poisonous.
- 500 g of potato or tomato tops filled with 5 liters of boiling water and infused for 3-6 hours. After that means is used for spraying.
- For 30 grams of garlic minced or ground, 12 liters of water are taken. Within 24 hours, the agent is infused in a dark place, and then used.
From the melon aphid also effectively helps the infusion of pepper, described above.
How to deal with aphids on pepper?We recommend reading our other articles.
- Rosa Iceberg
- How many days does a duck sit on eggs
- Vladimirskaya cherry
- How many grams in a teaspoon
The pest on the pepper is manifested by wilting of the plant, the appearance of shriveled fruits, yellowing and thinning of the leaves. As a rule, this crop is precipitated by a tobacco (green) variety of aphids. How to get rid of aphids folk remedies, if she settled on the pepper?
Green aphids on pepper leaves
- The simple needles of spruce or pine are minced in a combine or simply finely chopped. At 250 g you need to take 1 liter of hot water, mix the components, then put in a dark place to infuse for a week. Before spraying culture infusion filter.
- 30 g of dry mustard is brewed with 500 ml of water, then infused for 3 days. After that, you can apply the solution, adding water to it so that you get at least 10 liters of liquid.
It is also recommended infusion of tobacco dust and ash, tomato tops, described above. Effective and soda solution.
How to get rid of aphids in the garden?
Often the plant louse starts up in the garden, “attacking” every year the trees, bushes, flowers that grow there. How to get rid of aphids folk remedies in the garden are asked by many gardeners, but only some of the most radical folk remedies can become effective. The problem of getting rid of pests in the garden is that there are many secluded places in the trees and bushes where pests can “settle”. One-time processing even with chemicals usually does not help, folk extracts all the more. So, what experts advise?
Fumigation is one of the most popular folk methods of getting rid of aphids in the garden. Its advantages are that smoke, unlike sprinkling drops, falls into all cracks and cracks in the bark of trunks and branches of garden crops. It also absorbs into the ground, "envelops" grass, leaves, flowers - it is almost impossible to hide from it. For fumigation applied rubber, mushrooms, tobacco.
Tobacco from aphids
- Fumigation with rubber is quite effective, but harms the environment. Yes, and people are not recommended to be near - rubber - a bitterly burning. The pieces of rubber are laid out in several pots and placed around the garden, then set on fire.
- Mushroom rain can either be laid out in the same way as the rubber and set on fire to smolder all over the garden, or use a bee smoker. Unlike rubber, a raincoat is not dangerous for the environment, but it may take a lot.
- Fumigation with tobacco is often used in gardens. The problem is that tobacco has acrid smoke, the whole garden is difficult for them to handle, besides it is a costly pleasure. Therefore, it is usually used to fumigate several bushes or one small tree - no more. For the procedure used bee smoker.
It should be warned that the smoke during fumigation will be plenty and it cannot be left for the time of fumigation, but this is a time-tested tool that will certainly save the garden and the crops growing in it from aphids. Fumigation is carried out for 1-3 hours, depending on the area of the garden and the number of plants. But it is necessary to use this method only in calm weather, so that the smoke goes to the plants, and not to be blown off to the neighboring areas. Aphids when fumigated dies completely, so chemicals or other folk remedies are no longer used after that.
How to get rid of aphids in the greenhouse?
Different types of aphids can live in the greenhouse, but for the most part it is a large potato plant, as well as a greenhouse aphid. How to deal with them? For a start it is worth noting that fumigation (the method described for the garden) in greenhouses is very effective. But it is suitable only if the gardener has a respirator (without it, it will be very difficult to enter the greenhouse), and also if there are windows in the greenhouse that can be opened for ventilation. Smoke quickly fills the greenhouse space, destroying all pests, but do not be zealous with the smoke, so as not to follow the plants.
In addition, greenhouses often use an environmental method to combat aphids, namely, growing certain herbs (tansy, marigolds, coriander, basil, chamomile, garlic, onions, mint, fennel, lavender) and sharing them with beneficial insects . Of these insects is recommended: gold-eyed, ladybug, hoverflies.
Tips for getting rid of aphids in the garden
In the garden or in the garden aphid often settles. Methods how to get rid of aphids by folk remedies have been described above. But it is also worth citing a few recommendations on how to get rid of aphids the quickest and make popular recipes even more effective.
Soap solution from aphids in the garden
- Laundry soap always enhances the effect of any national infusion or solution. It as if sticks the solution particles to the plant, preventing it from completely draining, and as a result of this it acts more efficiently.
- To prevent aphids from settling on cucumbers, currants, dill, pepper and other garden crops, in between the rows or along the edge of the beds you can plant the repeller plants described above. With their strong smell, they scare the aphids, and she herself leaves the garden.
- If plants do not help repellents, you can plant plants that attract aphids (in the far corner of the garden or outside its territory). These crops are very popular with the pest, and it moves from cultivated plants to these specially planted grasses. These include: nasturtium, mallow, petunia, glue, sleeping poppy seeds, beans, begonias, kosmeyu, viburnum, bird cherry, linden.
- Aphids are often eaten by some birds (tits, sparrows, blood beetles, wrens, robins). If you bring them into the garden, problems with the pest will be much less. Attract birds with feeders, drinkers, cozy houses, where they can settle.