Green grapes are grown throughout the world and in different climatic regions. This type is represented by a variety of technical and table varieties. The article will present the most popular and best varieties of both types with basic information on their characteristics and characteristics.
What are the features of green grapes?
Green grape varieties are very useful, they contain the same nutrients as other grape varieties. True color of the berries still slightly affects the beneficial properties. For example, in green grapes there is the same amount of tannins, vitamins, microelements, as in blue, pink grapes, but much less antioxidants.
200 grams of green grapes contain about ¼ of the daily requirement of vitamin K, copper, 15% potassium and vitamin C, 10% carbohydrates, magnesium, iron, tocopherol, manganese, and 5% vitamin B1, calcium, and phosphorus. But these are only approximate figures, as they differ slightly in different varieties.
Both the flesh and the skin are equally beneficial for green grapes. And bones are also often used, but not in food, but in traditional medicine. Green varieties are recommended for general strengthening of the body, people with a violation of the gastrointestinal tract, the cardiovascular system and are at risk of developing tumors.
The most famous varieties of green grapesRead also these articles.
- Pine Jam
- Canned cucumbers
- Description of potato diseases and their treatment
- Bee Zabrus
Green grapes are very fond of sunlight and warmth. In the northern regions, it is also grown, but very rarely and for the most part technical varieties, not table. The reason is that the canteens just do not have time to collect sweets until the moment of gathering. What technical green grape varieties have the greatest popularity and prevalence?
Grape variety: Aligote
- White Muscat is popular in part because of its time-testedness. The cluster is cylindrical, friable. The berries are round, light green. The flesh is juicy, sweet. Advantages: taste, versatility, yield, ripening period (140 days). Disadvantages: often sick, attacked by pests, afraid of frost. Used to produce white wines.
- "Aligote" - French variety. A cluster of medium size, cylindrical shape. The berries are small, round, light green in color, there may be a blush. The peel is thin, but dense. Advantages: high yield (90-150 kg / ha), high sugar content of berries (14-22%). Disadvantages: the taste is too simple, no frills, the variety is susceptible to various diseases. Used mainly in the manufacture of juice or table wine.
- "Riesling" - Germanic variety. It has small or medium-sized bunches, cylindrical in shape. The berries are medium, round, green-yellow. The rind is thick, but thin. Advantages: high yield (40-120 c / ha), taste, aroma, frost resistance. Disadvantages: instability to diseases. Used in the preparation of champagne wine, dry table wine.
Some table green grapes are also widespread.
Grapes Delight white
- "Husayne white" - a well-known variety due to the shape of its berries - elongated and oblong, from which the second name "Lady's fingers" appeared. It has a vigorous shrub. Maturation lasts 150-155 days. The cluster is conical, loose, up to 800 g. The berries are large, oblong, green in color with a yellow tinge. Advantages: delicious taste, rot resistance. Disadvantages: the variety is capricious and needs painstaking care; it endures frosts up to -18 degrees.
- "Shasla Dore" is an ancient variety originally from Egypt. The clusters are medium, conical, can be elongated, semi-cylindrical. The berries are medium in size, round, yellow-green, sometimes have an orange tan on the sunny side. Advantages: transportability, taste, yield (up to 90 kg / ha). Disadvantages: instability to diseases, prefers a warm climate - frost resistance is average.
- “White's delight” has become more prevalent due to the fact that it can be grown even in the northern regions with a bad climate. Maintains frosts to-27 degrees. It has large, developed clusters (400-500 g), ripening for 110-120 days. The berries are large, with nutmeg flavor. Advantages: yield (up to 120 kg / ha), taste, resistance to drought, gray rot, transportability. Disadvantages: a tendency to defeat oidium, phylloxera.
The best table green grapes
Table green grapes are recommended for use in fresh, not processed form or for the preparation of various desserts.
Laura grape variety
- "Bazhena" - a self-fertile hybrid. The berries are very large, up to 15 g. The shape is longish, the color is pale green. Taste is sugary, with apple or cherry aftertaste. Advantages: great harvests, taste, ripening (100 days), the possibility of transportation over long distances, presentation. Of the drawbacks, only frost instability stands out.
- "White Miracle" - a hybrid variety. Clusters of this species can weigh up to 900 g. The color of the grapes is light green, and after final ripening it is yellowish. The flesh is thick. Annual yield. The advantages include taste, pleasant appearance of clusters, harmonious ripening of berries. Disadvantages: average yield, fragility of annual shoots.
- "Valentine" is growing fast. The clusters are large, not dense, weighty, reaching a length of 40 cm. The grapes are elongated, light green, to full maturation acquires a yellowish tint. Advantages: the berries do not shrink, the taste is excellent (there is a pleasant taste of sage), few seeds, yield. Disadvantages: due to the delicate skin, transportability is difficult.
- Laura ripens in 110-115 days. Clusters have the shape of a cone, up to 1 kg. Berries are greenish, up to 9 g, oblong with a light layer of wax. Advantages: good taste, large bones, frost resistance to -23 degrees, resistance to diseases, transportability. Disadvantages: if there are a lot of grapes on the branches, its ripening is delayed, the taste may deteriorate (it will not be so sweet).
- "Kishmish №342" has an early term of ripening - 110-115 days. The clusters are small, cylindrical in shape. Berries 2-3.5 g, oval and greenish. Advantages: no pits, high yield, taste, frost resistance up to -26 degrees. Disadvantages: often exposed to disease.
The best technical grapes of green grapesWe recommend reading our other articles.
- Planting spring grapes seedlings and cuttings
- Cherry grafting on cherries
- The best early tomato varieties with a description and photo
- The best varieties of radish for the greenhouse
The best technical green grapes are grown mostly for the production of brandy, wine, and sometimes juices.
Sauvignon grape variety
- "Chardonnay" is considered the best grapes for the production of white wine. The clusters are cylindrical, the berries are greenish. The peel is thin, but rather dense. Taste is sugary, strong aroma is heard. Advantages: yield, early ripening (140 days), taste. Disadvantages: tendency to rot, afraid of frost, a tendency to pea.
- "Maxi White" is considered to be an elite variety (used to make the best wine). Early, has a tight, cone-shaped bunch weighing up to 900 g and large berries (up to 5 cm in diameter). The shape of the berries is oval, the peel is yellow-green. The main advantages include high yields (up to 50 kg / shoot), taste, resistance to peas. Disadvantages: susceptibility to various diseases, pests.
- "Sauvignon Green" gives cylindrical clusters of medium density. The berries are small or medium-sized, slightly flattened, not completely round, more oval. The color of the skin is green. Advantages: pleasant, harmonious taste, yield up to 150 kg / ha. Disadvantages: often affected by oidium, gray rot has only average frost resistance. Used for the manufacture of table wines, raw materials for champagne, high-quality juices.