Horses - noble, beautiful creatures. They are turned up for sports, help in the household, just for walking or when they open a business of breeding or keeping horses. But so that the animal does not hurt, it was active and cheerful, strong and productive, he needs proper care. How to care for a horse will be described below in the article.
Before analyzing the question of how to care for a horse, you need to understand that these animals, like any other, can not live in dirty conditions. This leads to the development of diseases of the skin, hooves, and lungs (as they breathe stale air). For this reason, it is necessary to take care that the stalls are always clean and dry. To clean the stall is usually used simple forks, barmaks (6-9 teeth), which detain manure and allow you to wake down a dry bedding. It is also necessary to have on hand a wheelbarrow, which will be formed waste (manure). Every day or even several times a day, light cleaning is carried out in the stalls:
- manure is collected;
- hay is separated from bedding;
- cleaned urinary stains.
Photo before cleaning the stall
During the cleaning, the bedding is turned over so that the air is ventilated. Manure and urinary stains (wet litter) are removed. But a full replacement of the plug-in if carried out (sometimes without it), then once in 1-3 months.
Feeding horsesRead also these articles.
- Kolonovidnye apple
- Victor grape variety
- Bee packages and their types
Knowing how to care for a horse, you can ensure a happy, decent life for an animal. The number and type of feed used in different cases for horses can be quite varied. Sometimes used feed, sometimes grain, of all types, mash and so on. But there are several standard feeding conditions for any horses and they should be followed.
Horse eats hay
- Troughs for food, water should always be clean.
- Vitamins and minerals should be mixed first of all in the winter and spring, when there is little or no fresh greens, not a lot of vegetables and fruits. However, the concentration of vitamin-mineral supplements must be established by the veterinarian in accordance with the loads of the animal, breed, and personal physiological characteristics.
- Usually horses are fed 3 times a day. But in some cases, feeding increases up to 4 times, and sometimes decreases to 2 times a day.
- Once a day it is important to give a rough feed (hay, for example). But in spring, summer and autumn, you can simply mow fresh grass and feed it to the horses 1-2 times a day in dried form.
- In spring and autumn, when horses have a molt, you can add lion to the feed. Pudding is cooked from it and then added to the mash or porridge with steamed grains. Lion makes the horse's hair more shiny, silky, and also has a beneficial effect on the intestines, enveloping it.
- Feed your pet flour products, meat products sweets can not be! Sugar is given only as a treat during training, but it is better to replace carrots!
- It is necessary to feed the horses 2 times a day - morning and evening. It is important to give only running, not cold water. After long loads, you cannot feed the animal!
How to clean a horse?
Cleaning the horse, its bathing, care for its hooves, as well as mandatory veterinary procedures should not be missed. For a horse, it is also important as food. But before you take care of a horse, you need to purchase all the necessary equipment for this.
- Plait twisted from plain straw.
- Hooves hook.
The first thing to clean a horse is to clean it with a straw harness. They are simply walked over the surface of the skin, clearing all places, but mostly they stop at the most polluted areas like the legs and under the stomach. After the harness comes the time of the groomer. It removes all dandruff and similar particles from the skin of the animal, cleaning it. Send such brushes always from top to bottom, without strong pressure. A simple comb should gently walk all over the horse. It removes dirt, dead hair, unravels lumps.
The last stage of cleaning - the hoof. To do this, one leg of the animal rises, a hook for the hoof clears all the adhering dirt that is on the bottom of the hoof, where the horseshoe is. It is necessary to clean it from yourself, not very sharp, but not soft movements, since all the work is done as quickly as possible so as not to tire the horse. Such cleaning is carried out after each walk, especially if it is slush outside, wet or wet - the horses quickly become dirty.
And what other care may be needed?
- Bathe horses only in spring or summer when it is warm. And it is impossible to force an animal to go into the water - they are often afraid of water.
- Shooting is carried out only by blacksmiths and only those who know what to do and how to lead a horse to anyone are not recommended.
- Veterinary treatments are carried out as needed. Once every few months it is necessary for the animal to be examined by a veterinarian.
- Once a year it is worth checking the condition of the teeth. To do this, turn to the vet.
Horse care in winterWe recommend reading our other articles.
- Cattle Premixes
- How many days does the chicken incubate eggs?
- How to plant eggplants for seedlings
- Description of a grade eggplant Black handsome
How to care for a horse in winter? Caring for a horse in winter is not much different from spring or summer. But there are also features.
Horse photo in winter
- It is important to closely monitor health. Drafts, cold air outside, cold water, dampness do not contribute to the strengthening of immunity.
- If the horse is riding, it is necessary to ride it about 4-6 hours a week in the winter so that it does not get out of physical exertion. You can ride in the field, under a canopy.
- Walking on the ice or just frozen areas where the horse can slip is not recommended, it is very dangerous for its life!
- The temperature of food and water should be at room temperature, not cold, and certainly not icy!
- The bridle and any materials that are used to harness the horse need to be reheated before use (pour boiling water or kneading in the hands) in the winter, without this they quickly become useless.
- If it's cold outside, use a blanket.