Pear Just Maria belongs to the new species. This variety saw the light only in 2010, and before that for several years it was taken out in Belarus. Despite the fact that Mary just appeared recently, today it belongs to the elite species. The variety has tasty, juicy fruits, grows quickly, is not afraid of severe frosts or drought, easy to maintain.
Description varieties pear simply Maria
Pear Simply Maria belongs to late autumn varieties. The tree grows up to 3 meters. The crown is compact, has the shape of a pyramid. Enters fructification for 3-4 year after landing. Fruits are given annually, at least, until the tree is young. It is well pollinated by such a variety as Pet Yakovlev.
Fruits are pear-shaped, large, the weight reaches an average of 180-200 grams, but when rationing the ovaries can reach 300 g. The peel of a ripe pear is even, shiny, green-yellow with a pink blush. The latter may not be if the pear ripened not from the outside of the tree, but in the crown, where the sunlight did not fall. In case of consumer ripeness, the peel becomes almost completely yellow.
The flesh of the variety simply Maria white or cream. The juice content is very large, the consistency is oily, the granularity is present closer to the middle of the fruit, where the seeds are. Taste according to tasters reaches 4.8 points out of 5.
Photo Pear Just Maria
What are the advantages of the variety?Read also these articles.
- Feed for pigs
- How to make feed for rabbits
- Chereshnya Revna
- Yellow Tomato Varieties
Breeders who cultivated a variety and gardeners who have already managed to test it, believe that the Pear variety simply Maria has only positive qualities. For this reason, today it is grown on an industrial scale, and not only in private gardens and gardens.
- Early fruiting. For pears, 3-4 years after planting is an early term, especially since Mary simply gives the first crop in medium quantities, and not 2-5 pears on an entire tree.
- The yield of 35-40 kg / tree, while frost and drought on the amount of crop does not affect.
- Frost resistance is high, up to -39 degrees! Even if the pear Just Mary froze in the winter, in the spring she quickly recovers.
- Resistance to fungal diseases is noted: scab, septoria, black cancer and some others.
Photos of the fruits of the pear simply Maria
What are the disadvantages of a pear Just Maria?
Despite the abundance of the merits of the variety, do not forget about the shortcomings that a pear Just Maria can have. Breeders attribute it to almost the ideal type, but here there are "pitfalls".
- Despite the resistance of the variety to diseases of the fungal type, treatment in the spring and autumn of pests and diseases should still be carried out. The tree can only partially resist the fungus, but if the spores literally flood it, it will not survive.
- Pruning is carried out regularly, because, despite the compactness of the culture, the branches can grow strongly and in 2-3 years the tree will not be recognized, the collection of pears will become more complicated.
- Productivity is not very high. The variety wins due to the fact that the formation of fruits is not affected by the weather, but 35-40 kg of pears / tree is not much, especially if the fruits are for sale.
- Ovaries can crumble.
Photo of a pear variety simply Maria
Features of growing and careWe recommend reading our other articles.
- Breed description Manchurian quail
- Tomato Polbig F1
- How to feed the peonies in the spring?
- Marinated cabbage for winter
Like all other varieties or any trees, pear. Just Maria needs the right place to grow, as well as quality care.
- Planting a pear can only be in an open sunny area. A plain or a hill will do, and with a high level of groundwater or in lowlands, it will grow slowly, painfully and will not give good yields.
- The soil must be aerated, otherwise growth will slow.
- Watering is carried out regularly - this is a moisture-loving variety.
- Top dressing is carried out not often - in the spring, in order to maintain the strength of the awakened plant, in the summer, in order to increase the yield and quality of the pears, in the fall, before frosts, so that the tree regains its strength after fruiting.
- Since this tree can bear fruit until November, pruning pears are usually laid in the spring. The first 3-5 years, the crown is formed, and in subsequent years, it is mostly necessary sanitary pruning. If there are many branches, the thickening of the crown will begin, you can remove all unnecessary ones, it will not hurt the tree.
- After harvesting, it is recommended to spray the ground near the tree and its lower part (trunk) with 7-10% urea solution in order to destroy all harmful microorganisms, as well as contribute to the restoration of culture.
Harvesting and storage
Harvest with pears Just Maria is harvested around October, in some cases in November. If early frosts are possible in the area, then this should be done without waiting for full ripeness. Collect them in boxes or containers, where they can lie down for several weeks until fully matured - to mature so to say. Harvest is kept until about January.
Simply Maria pears can be eaten fresh. That such consumption is considered the most correct. During heat treatment (boiling), the fruits lose a large proportion of nutrients, vitamins, so jam, jam, compote, though tasty, but not as healthy as we would like. Save the vitamins in pears, except if you freeze them. Pears are frozen in slices, not entirely. They are cleaned, washed, put in convenient containers, and then placed in the freezer.
Often this variety is used to prepare a variety of dishes: pastries, candied fruits, marmalade, hot and cold desserts.
Reviews of pear varieties Simply Maria
Anna Shufrich: "I love the variety. Just Maria. I planted a few years ago, I already harvested 2 times. Pears are very tasty, they are stored for a long time and in December they are just as tasty as in the fall!"
Peter Boroday: “Most of all in the variety they don’t like the fact that during the returning frosts in the spring, the ovaries on the pear fall off. As for the taste, it is too cloyingly sweet, it doesn’t have enough acid. But, in principle, a good view.”
Maria Konko: “Pear Variety Just Maria is very interesting, but the main thing is delicious. Pears just don't come off - juicy, sweet! The taste comes first, anyway for me. the wood is not even warming. "