Quails are usually well carried, but sometimes it happens that they stop giving eggs or egg production just goes down. For a breeder who counted on a certain bird productivity or even profit, in the case of a small home business this can be a huge problem. Why quails do not rush at home or give few eggs, and how to solve these problems will be described later in the article.
For what reasons quails do not rush?
The productivity of quails, like any other poultry, depends on various factors. So why not quail rush?
- Under severe stress, the bird begins to reduce productivity, in some cases, the quail may even cease to be carried for several days or even weeks. Among the common causes of stress are moving. The new place, long-term transportation significantly reduces the possibility of quails. But after 2-3 weeks, they move away from the nervous shock and begin to rush as before.
- Lighting should be correct. If the light is low or it is very bright, it will certainly affect the egg production of quails.
- Certain diseases can lead to lower egg production. If the bird does not rush for a very long time for no apparent reason, it is worth contacting the veterinarian, perhaps it is just sick. But in this case, there are usually associated signs of illness: lethargy, loss of appetite, diarrhea or something.
- A change in diet may cause quails to stop rolling, but this is temporary. After 2 weeks of getting used to the new food, they will return to normal, and will again delight the breeder with great productivity. But precisely for this reason, quails are recommended to feed all the time with the same food, and any innovations (for example, when the youngsters switch to adult food) should occur gradually.
- Strong drafts in the room where quails are kept, lead to the loss of feathers, and a decrease in egg production.
- At temperatures below +20 degrees Celsius, quails reduce productivity, and at temperatures below +16 they can stop giving eggs altogether.
- Lack of vitamins in the body of a bird leads to the fact that eggs simply do not form. If they are, then in a soft shell or without it at all (in a white film).
- When changing male, females adapt for at least 6 days. This is an adaptation period.
Photos of cells for quails
It is worth noting that there are a number of natural reasons why quails do not rush.
- During the molting period, female quails never give eggs. This is normal for them, so the breeder should not worry.
- From 10 months quail sharply reduces egg production, and when it turns more than 3 years old, it can no longer carry eggs. It's all about aging, so the breeder needs to change livestock on time and acquire young birds.
- Quails up to 2 months usually do not rush at all.
Our readers recommend reading: temperature regimes for incubating quail eggs, how to make a cage for quails with your own hands, which one is better to choose food for quails.
How to solve a problem?Read also these articles.
- Bee pollen
- Laura grape variety
- Potato cultivar Zekura
- Red Baron onion variety
Quails are very sensitive birds. They react sharply to any significant changes. In order not to wonder why quails do not rush at home, and in order to keep the egg production of females at a high level and not to fall, it is necessary to provide them with the most comfortable conditions and adhere to some rules.
- In a box or cage for quails should be spacious. On one square meter is placed no more than 30-40 quails, but it is better up to 30 heads. At the same time about 5 females should fall on one male.
- Light house with soft light (diffused). The ideal room temperature is 20 degrees at a humidity of 70%.
- The cages should be clean, this also applies to the tray for eggs, feeders, drinkers, since dirt is the first cause of the appearance of dangerous diseases and parasites.
- Food is selected one, balanced, high-quality. It can be a home-made mix or a purchase, or a complex purchased and home. The main thing is that the food does not change every week, and that the food is maximally nutritious and enriched with minerals and vitamins. If necessary, vitamins can be purchased separately and simply mixed into the feed.
- It is important to ensure that quails behave normally, have a good appetite. If you suspect a disease, you should immediately contact a veterinarian, as some diseases spread quickly.
- If one-year-old quails carry small or bad eggs, you need to contact a veterinarian - this is not normal and is associated with physical abnormalities or diseases.
The content of quail at home
How to arrange quails?
Often, breeders plant quails of different ages and even different breeds in one compartment. And then, when half of them begin to reduce productivity, they wonder why quails are not rushing. The fact is that birds of different ages rush in different ways, this also applies to breeds. If there are individuals of different ages in one department, it will be difficult to determine which ones are rushing well, which are bad and for what reasons.
To avoid such problems, it is recommended that quails be seated by age and breed in different cages. Then it will be clear exactly how old (or months) the individuals are when they begin to nest, and when the egg production begins to decline or stop (at least approximately).
Poultry TipsWe recommend reading our other articles.
- Watermelon Chill
- The best varieties of red onions
- Soybean varieties
- Recipes adjika of plums
To increase the productivity of quails and their great well-being, young breeders will not hurt to know a few tricks about their content.
- To increase egg production, it is best to feed quails 4 times a day at the same time. The mode plays a huge role - they have to get used to eat at one time, it is necessary to normalize the work of the stomach.
- After the birds have eaten, it takes no more than 30 minutes (if there are a lot of them), the feed must be removed from the cage so that they do not have a bite until the next meal.
- Laying birds should be renewed annually, as they have the highest egg rates in the first year of life.