Early varieties of apricots are in great demand. Early fruiting is primarily beneficial for those who sell apricots, but in addition, it allows you to taste the sweet fruit earlier, to make early preservation. The article describes the most resistant to climatic vagaries varieties of early apricots.
Apricot Early - a variety created by Ukrainian breeders, can be grown in all regions of Ukraine and countries with a similar climate. Maturation occurs June 20-25. Fruits are yellow, there may be a red blush, but not necessarily. The flesh is yellowish, not friable, dense texture, pronounced taste, with high sugar content and strong aroma. Yield increased.
Photo of apricot variety Early
Often grown for sale. On the road, the fruit is not crumpled, thanks to the dense skin. Tall tree The main drawback - demanding care, without proper watering, fertilizing the fruit will lose weight and sweetness.
Apricot Tom KotRead also these articles.
- Aloe phlox
- Rabbit Ear Tick - Signs and Treatment
- White wide-breasted turkeys
- Temperature modes of quail eggs incubation at home
Some early varieties of apricots can be good pollinators for other trees. The TomKot variety of apricots is also among those. This is a Canadian variety, obtained by crossing Rival and Goldrich. Apricots up to 110 g, approximate weight 95 g. The peel is dark orange in color, but when fully ripe it can be completely red. The flesh is not dense, with a high content of juice and sugar. Ripen fruit observed from the end of June. The tree is self-fertile. Features: resistance to frosts, diseases, high yield.
Photo of apricot Tom Kot
Apricot Aurora (Aurora)
Apricot Aurora is a French variety with early ripening. The first harvest is collected on June 18-22. Apricots have a mass of up to 60 g. Rounded, oblong, the peel is dark orange with red spots, smooth. The pulp is dense, thanks to which the variety is easily transported. Taste is sweet-sour, dessert. The tree is unpretentious in terms of care, but resistance to frost is average, so it is recommended to warm it for the winter.
Photo of apricot variety Aurora
Apricot HarostarWe recommend reading our other articles.
- Incubator temperature and humidity
- How to bounce a goat after the first lambing
- Flower Decembrist (Schlumberger)
Early apricot varieties are often used to make dried apricots. One of such species is Harostar, a Canadian, self-fruiting apricot variety. Fruit ripening occurs until mid-July. Productivity is high, annual. Fruits up to 70 g, flat-oval. The rind is red after full maturation. The flesh is orange, sweet, dense (high transportability), without pronounced streaks. The tasting score is 4.8 points out of 5. The positive qualities of the variety include the resistance of fruits to shedding, rotting, cracking. Winter hardiness up to -34 degrees Celsius.
Photo apricot variety Harostar
Egyptian Pharaoh is an interesting early apricot variety. Fruits in the second year. Maturation has been observed since mid-June. Apricots large up to 100 g. The peel is smooth, intense orange. There is no blush, but on the surface, in the area of the stem you can see light, small reddish dots. The taste is sugar, almost without acid. The aroma is saturated. The pulp is high in juice, tender, not fibrous, the vein is almost inaudible.
Photo of apricot variety Egyptian Pharaoh
The tree is not very tall, rather compact. Fruits do not pour, hold up to a week on the branches. Frost resistance is above average, but in the northern areas it is worthwhile to insulate wood for the winter.
Apricot Wonder Cot
Certain early apricot varieties have been bred recently and have excellent characteristics. Find their seedlings on the market does not work, you only need to order via the Internet or in gardening companies. "Wonder Cat" - a relatively young variety, bred by American breeders. It ripens on June 5-7 in Ukraine, in France a little earlier - on May 23. Fruits weigh 50-70 g, elongated, oval. The peel is orange-red, smooth and smooth. The flesh is saturated, orange with red tint. The consistency of the Wonder Cot variety is not dense, after full ripening, very juicy, when biting off, the juice literally flows, it tastes a bit like pineapple apricot, but more tender and full. The aroma is pronounced. The stone is very easily separated.
Photo apricot variety Wonder Cat (Wonder Cot)
The apricot variety Wonder Cat has excellent commercial qualities. Fruits do not crack, do not fall from the tree, can be stored for a long time, if they are collected in time. Productivity is high, but in order to increase it, it is worth planting a pollinator nearby (Tomkot variety).
Apricot Pricia (Pricia)
French, self-fruited apricot variety of ultra early ripening. Maturation has been observed since the beginning of summer, namely, June 5-7! Medium apricots - 60-80 g, rounded. The peel after ripening is light maroon. The flesh is orange, with a pleasant smell, juicy, sweet and sour, but the acid in the composition is not much. Productivity is high.
Photo apricot grade Pritia (Pricia)
The apricot tree of the Priziya variety grows up to 4 meters, the crown is extensive. The leaves are dark green with red veins. Commercial quality is excellent, the transportability is normal. Fruit ripening occurs even in bad, rainy weather. Frost resistance is average. The tree requires care and annual pruning.
Rubista Apricot (Rubista)
Unusual self-pollinated early apricot variety. Bred in France. Maturation occurs from 15 to 25 June. Productivity is plentiful. Fruits are commercial quality, dark red, even maroon. The shape is rounded oval. Mass 70-80 g. The pulp is orange-red, very beautiful, juicy, of moderate density. The taste is sugar.
Photo of apricot Rubista variety (Rubista)
The tree is medium, requires annual pruning. The positive qualities of the apricot Rubista can be attributed to late flowering, so that the flowers are not damaged by late frosts. Commercial quality is excellent, transportability is high, if the harvest is in time. Frost resistance to -30 degrees.
Apricot Srping Blush is a french ripening variety. The first harvest is observed from 3 years of tree life. Apricots ripen from June 15-20. Medium size, up to 60 g. The peel is orange-red, uneven in tone. Pulp is hard, which has a positive effect on transportation. The color of the pulp is orange, the taste is sweet.
Photo of apricot variety Spring Blush (Spring Blush)
Winter hardiness in Spring Blush is good. In Europe, this variety of early apricot is one of the main for large production. Fruits keep well on the tree, after ripening they do not crumble for 1-2 weeks. Pollinated by any varieties.
Apricot Tsunami is an early variety, ripening from June 7-12. The result of French breeders. Fruits are oval, up to 90 grams. The peel is bright orange with a pronounced blush that can cover up to 50% of the fruit. The flesh is orange, juicy, but fibrous. The taste is sweet with a slight sourness. Commercial quality is good. Pollinators: Pink Cat, Tom Cat, Spring Blush.
Photo of apricot Tsunami variety (Tsunami)
What are the early varieties of apricot most fruitful?
Despite the fact that when apricots ripen, the gardener is always pleased to see great harvests on the grown tree. What early varieties of apricot have consistently high fruiting?
- "Pineapple" ("Shalah") ripens on July 1-15. Productivity with proper care reaches 145 kg per tree. Fruits are large, up to 50 g. The shape of the wrong ball, slightly elongated. The bone is small, moving away from the fetus without problems. Skin color yellow. The color of the pulp is a few tones darker than the skins. The pulp is juicy, fibrous. Recommended for fresh use, in conservation loses its taste, although it retains its shape.
- "Early Blush" - an early ripening apricot variety - June 10-15. Created by French scientists. Productivity from 0,5 centner and above. Apricots are oval, up to 70 grams, the skin is light orange, with a pink side. The flesh is friable, with a high content of juice, good flavor, orange color. Taste pronounced, very sweet. Features: disease resistance, winter hardiness, transportability. The main drawback: an unpleasant to taste bone with bitterness - it is impossible to close the fruits in jars with it!
- "Melitopol Early" ripens since the beginning of July. Tree 5-6 meters. Apricots 40-55 g, oval, wide. The color of the peel is yellow-orange, with a red "tan". Fruits in 4-5 years. Productivity of 30-50 kg / tree. The flesh is orange, not very dense, sweet, juicy. Resistant to bacterial cancer.
- Leskor is an early ripe apricot variety bred in the Czech Republic. Maturation is observed from June 15. Differs in simplicity of transportation, resistance to cold, drought, bears fruit every year. Productivity 40-50 kg / tree. Fruits in average figures reach 50 g. But, if the rationing of fruits on a tree is correct, individual specimens can weigh 100-150 g! The form is elongated, the color of the peel is yellow-orange, with a non-uniform blush. Surface without tuberosities. The taste is sweet and sour, the flesh is not very dense, orange in color, very juicy.
- "June" early apricot variety obtained in Moldova. Maturation occurs from 20 to 22 June. Self-infertile, for pollination such apricots as Kostyuzhensky, Red-cheeked are planted. Gives a harvest from 4 years, productivity for 8-9 year to 32 kg from a tree. Apricots are small, up to 30 grams, spherical, yellow, with one red "cheek". The flesh is yellow-orange, juicy, sweet. The stone is small, easily separated from the pulp. The variety is resistant to cytospor.