Slyzun bow or drooping bow is an interesting, perennial plant. It is not as famous as leek or chinnitus, but is also in demand. This is a medicinal culture rich in vitamins and minerals. Gives greens throughout the warm period of the year and decorates the site, without requiring serious care. This article describes the characteristics of culture and its cultivation.
Onion slizun - description
Onion slizun hails from Mongolia, Central Asia and Eastern Siberia. Culture differs from other types of onions in terms of external qualities and cultivation, taste and even the method of harvesting. So before you plant this plant, you need to explore its features.
Slyzun onions is a perennial onion-rhizomatous culture. In the wild form is common, but is cultivated only by lovers of the species. The plant is cold-resistant, tolerates even harsh, frosty winters without insulation. If you do not control the growth, the bush can grow strongly.
Onion Slizun - culture description
The root system is represented by a false bulb with developed roots. The ground part is a rosette formed by wide, flat leaves, rounded at the top. The leaves of the culture are green, very juicy, dense, if you break them, you can see a lot of secreted mucus. The height of the leaves can reach 30 cm, and the width - 2 cm. A year after planting, the plant releases an arrow up to 70 cm long with a beautiful inflorescence. This usually occurs from July to August. The buds are painted white or purple. Seeds ripen unevenly, they are usually collected in 3 doses.Interesting! Up to the moment when the flowers on the arrow bloom, the peduncle is drooping, drooping to the ground. For this quality, the culture is also called the drooping bow.
Popular varieties of onion slizunaRead also these articles.
- White wide-breasted turkeys
- Graft pruner
- Propolis and its medicinal properties
- Growing broiler turkeys
A year after planting, the plant releases an arrow up to 70 cm in length with a beautiful inflorescence
On sale you can find different varieties of onion-slizuna. Below are some of them.
- "Dwarf" - mid-season variety. The leaves are green with a bluish bloom, grow up to 25 cm in length. Up to 1.5 kg of crop per year can be harvested from the square of the plot. Harvest is used primarily for salads. Variety resistant to frost.
- "Leader" - mid-season variety. The leaves are light green. The stem and root system are cold-resistant. Productivity - 2 kg / m². The taste is weak-pointed, the leaves contain a lot of vitamins and sugar. The aroma is more garlic, not onion.
- Green - a compact variety of semi-sprawling onions with a developed root system. The leaves are large, flat, dark green. The taste is juicy, tender, with a slight garlic smell. With proper care, about 6 kg of crop can be harvested from 1 m² of land. It is appreciated for unpretentiousness, pleasant taste, resistance to diseases and frosts.
Useful properties of onions
Variety of onions slizuna "Dwarf"
Onion slizun has a pleasant taste, garlic aroma and is highly valued because it has different beneficial properties.
- The leaves contain vitamins B1, B2, C, PP and minerals (potassium, iron, zinc, molybdenum, magnesium) necessary for strengthening the heart and blood vessels. Recommended to people who suffer from anemia.
- The mucous substance of this product has a beneficial effect on digestion, so the leaves of onion-slizuna are prescribed for the treatment of ulcers and gastritis.
- Carotene, volatile, sugar in the composition - contribute to the elimination of toxins.
- The leaves of the plant are often used for wound healing. They not only have the effect of disinfection, but also relieve pain.
- Onion slizun strengthens the immune system, contains a natural antibiotic, polysaccharides, glucose.
- Culture has a positive effect on the condition of the hair, if you make masks, lotions, baths out of it.
- Doctors note the positive effect of the slizuna on the reproductive female and male system.
The useful properties of the onion slizuna do not end there. It is believed that with regular use, it contributes to the toning of muscles and the whole body, normalizes the work of the thyroid and even rejuvenates the body.
Slizuna onion damageWe recommend reading our other articles.
- Perennial asters
- How to plant radishes in the greenhouse and open ground
- Planting spring garlic
- Coccidiosis in rabbits
Grade onion slider "Leader"
Since the onion slizuna has a rich composition, it is often used to heal the body. But it can cause harm in certain cases.
- With gout, this plant can harm.
- During pregnancy and lactation to use onions-slizun is not recommended, it can be dangerous for a child.
- In the period of progression of diseases of the digestive system product is contraindicated. But in remission it can be eaten, but only after heat treatment.
- With individual intolerance this onion is not worth eating, even in small quantities.
Features of planting varieties
Growing onion slizuna is a very simple process. Landing is carried out only in sunny areas. When planting a plant, you need to keep a distance of 15 cm between the bushes, and make a 20 cm aisle. The best crop precursors are cabbage, tomatoes, cucumbers and potatoes.
Reproduces onion slizun division of the bush and seeds.
- The division of the bush. Adult bushes (3-year-olds), healthy, strong, divided in spring or autumn. Initially, the roots are dug, then divided into several parts so that each bush has 3-4 bulbs. After that, the roots are shortened a little and the plants are planted in separate holes.
Variety of onions slizuna "Green"
- Sowing seeds. Seeds of this plant can be propagated at any time of the year. You can sow the seeds directly into the ground. The depth of seeding is 1 cm. After sowing, it is worth covering the beds with a film so that the seeds will sprout faster. When sprouts appear, the film is removed.
In the care of onion varieties slizun special problems never arise, because the culture is unpretentious. Sun and moisture are the main requirements during the growing season.
- Water the plant so that the earth is soaked with water, but does not stagnate. If the ground is swamped, the roots can get rotten and the onion will die.
- Growing will be full only when conducting timely loosening of the soil. It is done after watering and rain when water is absorbed into the ground. During loosening, it is also necessary to pull weeds.
- For abundant fruiting, timely feeding is recommended. In the autumn you can take organic matter (humus, compost), and in the spring it is better to use minerals ("Urea", "Azofoska", "Clean Sheet", "Biohyper Extra").
Grade onions slizuna "Fount of health"
The collection and processing of harvest plies
Harvested as they mature. The green leaves of this culture are quite tasty, but unlike many other types of onions, they are not cut, but broken. To break a leaf, it is necessary to pull it down at the base, so that the sinus, in the base of the stalk, comes off. With such a harvest, it will be much easier for the crop to recuperate and release the young leaves again. Use the leaves of onion slizuna can be for fresh salads, appetizers, as well as for processing.Important! Last collection of leaves is carried out in September. After that, you should not tear off the leaves, because the plant needs to recover and prepare for the cold weather.
Reviews gardeners about onions varieties slizun
Opinions of gardeners that have already grown slug onions in their plots are presented below.
- Diana Kanareeva: “I like onion slizun much more than any other species. For a start, I just like its appearance, but also the plant is pleasing with a pleasant taste and garlic aroma. It improves the taste of any dish. I spend growing on a flowerbed. The leaves and peduncles of the plant are beautiful , so that it is in harmony with ornamental cultures. I recommend to try everything! "
- Pavel Dyachenko: “For a long time I couldn’t understand what kind of plant grows near my house. As it turned out (the neighbor suggested), it is a slysun onion that can be eaten as a simple feather. I grow a lot of different greens for sale, but this onion is in demand I don’t use customers, but my family is delighted with him. So a simple onion from the garden is sold, and the slizun is on the table. I recommend trying it - it grows by itself, it doesn’t require care, but it is very healthy and tasty! " .
- Valentina Mokhova: "Onion slick is easy to grow, so I prefer it. It does not require serious care, it can do without irrigation for a long time thanks to a developed root system. And since it is a perennial plant, it does not need to be planted annually - which saves time. I use for summer snacks, hot dishes. When there is a lot of harvest, partly dry land and put it in jars, and then use it a little instead of simple onions when cooking soups. As such, it can be stored all winter. "