The Northern Triumph variety developed by Soviet scientists simplified the cultivation of apricots in the middle and northern latitudes. Apricot Triumph of the North is resistant to frost, pleasant taste and aroma of fruits, ease of cultivation and care.
What is the characteristic of the variety?
Apricot Variety Triumph of the North is characterized by a mass of virtues. The tree grows up to 5 meters in height, so it is recommended to cut it from time to time to make it more convenient to collect the fruit. Flowering is very early, but the flowers are resistant to small, late frost. Fruits orange, possible "blush" on one side. The skin is of medium thickness, slightly pubescent, the variety is transportable and has a good presentation.
Characteristics of apricot varieties Triumph North
- The plant can get along in the cold regions of Siberia and the Urals, which in itself is amazing. The strongest frosts are not terrible for him, especially if you correctly approach the care of culture. The bark is resistant to temperatures down to -35 degrees, and flower buds can withstand up to -20 degrees.
- Differs Northern Triumph and resistance to diseases, pests.
- The size of the fruit depends on the characteristics of care. With good agricultural technology, their weight reaches 50-60 g, and with ordinary care - 25-30 g.
- It is consumed fresh and for preparations for the winter. The variety can be dried, make fruit compotes, jams, jams and much more.
- The taste of apricot Triumph of the North is tender, sweet, juicy, and the skin is sour. Despite the place of growth, it is often confused with the southern varieties. The aroma is pleasant, rich. You can use the kernel and seeds, they are sweetish.
- It ripens from mid-July to early August - the crop is always harvested before the onset of the first frost.
- Fruits in 3-4 years of life. The variety is fruitful, self-fertile, 50-60 kg of fragrant fruits are harvested for the season with proper care from the tree.
Among the shortcomings can be noted the instability of the harvest. Some years the tree misses, restoring strength. A characteristic feature is the maximum increase in fruiting from 10 years of life of the tree.
Where to plant the Triumph of the North?Read also these articles.
- The best fruit varieties of tomato with a description and photo
- Primula perennial garden
- Autoclave Belarus Lux
- Planting onions on a turnip
Plant apricot need on a sunny hillock
Seedlings can be purchased at special stores, at fairs, markets or with friends. You can try to grow apricot from the stone yourself. However, the chance for successful shoots is extremely small. Gardeners still recommend buying a sapling - there will be much less problems with it.
Plant better on a plain or a mountainside so that there is no stagnation of water. It is very important to ensure that the place is protected from strong winds, since the roots of a tree are not deep, without natural protection in case of a strong hurricane, it can simply fall.
How to plant apricot?
Planting apricot bones
Apricot plant Triumph north is planted in a permanent place in late April - early May. If the plant is in a container. You can postpone landing until mid-autumn.
For 2 weeks, a hole is dug 70 cm deep and 60 cm wide. A gravel is poured into it and a garter peg is put in a thin layer. Then a hillock is made 20 cm in the center of the pit. After 2 weeks a small amount of water is poured into the hole. A seedling is placed on the hill, the roots are laid out.
For falling asleep, a special earthen mixture is used (peat, sand and clay in equal proportions). It is important to ensure that the root neck does not peek above the ground, otherwise the tree will develop poorly. After the pit is almost completely filled, the ground is tamped a little and only after that the remaining mixture is poured. Thus, the tree will be securely fixed in the ground, and the top loose layer will give oxygen the opportunity to saturate the roots.
What are the features of care?We recommend reading our other articles.
- Early melon varieties
- Sweet cherry jam
- Plum variety Renklod
- Rabbit Cages
Planting apricot seedlings
Caring for a tree is easy. Watering, feeding, pruning and timely harvesting are all that culture needs.
Watering apricot varieties North Triumph is necessary in the ring trenches or grooves made around the trunk of a tree. Frequent and abundant watering is needed only during the development of the crown (May-June). One watering is 1-2 full buckets of water, 1 time per week. From mid-June to mid-September, 5-6 irrigations are sufficient if drought is not observed. In the fall, it is rarely watered and little is needed for the tree to prepare for a cold winter.
It is important to stop watering 2 weeks before the ripening of the fruit, so that the apricots are calendula. Harvest should be early in the morning or late in the evening. Rain, dampness, cold weather or heat during the harvest can worsen the taste of fruits, reduce their transportability and shelf life.
Pruning is done in such a way that the crown is low and sparse so that it is convenient to collect apricots. Conduct pruning only in early spring, when it is already warming, but the buds have not yet dismissed.
Top dressings are added directly to water and brought in pristvolny circles. Additionally, you can mulch the earth with humus, manure to supply the soil with nitrogen. Potassium fertilizers are necessary during the growth of a young plant, the development of flowers and the formation of fruits.
Apricot Northern Triumph is resistant to diseases and pests, but sometimes it is still susceptible to verticilliosis, cytosporosis, moniliasis, and nosocomial disease. Pests should beware of aphids, butterfly caterpillars, plum stalks. As a preventive measure, fungicides and similar means are sprayed several times per season, and folk remedies will help against pests. By winter, skeletal branches and the trunk is recommended to whiten.
To help the tree survive severe frosts will help warm the trunk with any insulating material, mulching the soil with a thick layer of humus and sprinkling the branches with snow.